View Poll Results: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    34 5.48%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im not American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    308 49.60%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    173 27.86%
  • Im not American, no.

    90 14.49%
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 720

Thread: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433]

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Why do they only have mental illness when it suits your political motives?
    Thats a strawman, as untrue as can be. But I do think Sharpton has mental issues as well.

  2. #272
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post


    I think most people would be happy if police served and protected the community, wore body cameras, and were better trained. The debate could even go into the area of the militarization of our police forces, and the government turning arrest and imprisionment into a for-profit industry, but in the Fox News clips posted in the OP, the discussion was instead focused on provoking racial division and fear.

    The story is going to go away in a few weeks, and all your fears of cops walking off their jobs will be gone too...
    Body cameras and Fox News have nothing to do with 2 police men being executed.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Eric Frein wasn't a Weatherman. He was a right-wing extremist that murdered one cop and tried to kill another earlier this year. You know, cop-killing, that "left-wing" pastime.
    Talk about thread drift.

    Eric Frein is not right wing, he's described to having "fairly liberal views."

    >" — he did not seem to have strong political leanings.

    "He had some fairly liberal views, and he had some fairly conservative views. Some maybe were a little farther to the right than what most people would give. ... He didn't follow a line. He was his own person. He wasn't just a cookie cutter of another group or entity. He definitely had his own independent mind-set,"..."<

    Who is Eric Frein? | lehighvalleylive.com

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats a strawman, as untrue as can be. But I do think Sharpton has mental issues as well.
    Sharpton also seems to have a problem of inoculating his words.

  5. #275
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Just because I'm really, REALLY sick of the hacks on both sides desperately trying to play the "This crazy belongs to you and I'll desperately try to imply he's just a standard [left/right]ist!" game...

    In terms of Loughner

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I wouldn't say this guy was a left-winger. I wouldn't say he could be classified as "ANY" wing in the classical sense. He's a lot like the lunatic that flew his plane into the IRS building some months back. He's a "bipartisan" whackjob...one who is as likely to spit on Reagan as he would to spit on Obama. From his youtube videos and other things that have came out with regards to his associations and comments, the guy has view points that fall in line with stereotypes of extreme conservatism, extreme liberalism, and extreme libertarianism. Its a mistake to really attempt to put this guy in either political camp. Even if he's "left wing" or "right wing" he's that in a similar sense that a 1 bedroom shack is as much a house as a mansion is. Its unfair to clearly label him as any common ideology, because none of it fits him well and the only reason to do such is to attempt and insult/degrade/implicate through passive correlation.
    He had ONE friend that came out afterwords that claimed at one point he was a radical liberal, but acknowledged that his views and attitude had significantly changed since the time they were friends. Another friend came out and suggested he wasn't really someone you could tie to any particular political persuasion. He had plenty of things about him that when taken alone would cause the hacks on this board to scream "LEFT WING!" or "RIGHT WING" at the top of their lungs. Stop it. Stop being hacks. Stop desperately attempting to tie every ****ing lunatic fringe crazy to an ideology in this ridiculous attempt to act like no one notices your transparent hope to slander that entire side by making such a comparison. Stop it.

    The Tea Party does not want people to die. Al Sharpton does not want people to die. Democrats do not want people to die. Republicans do not want people to die. Peoples "rhetoric" is not being done with a desire for people to be murdered. Stop this pathetic and repeated attempts to blame groups for crimes they in no way advocated for simply because some lunatic shares a random view point with them here or there.

    The Loughner point isn't about whether or not he's left or right, tea party or not. It's more to the point that initially....regardless of the fact that in the end it was unabashedly false...people attempted to blame Sarah Palin and the Tea Party and suggested their "rhetoric" was responsible and contributed to the death. And before anyone knew for certain this guy was or wasn't a fan of Palin or the tea party, people...RIGHTFULLY...on the right claimed that attacks on the tea party and attempts to place blame on them or Sarah Palin for such a thing was ridiculous because Palin nor the Tea Party actively advocated for violence or crime and their statements or "rhetoric" in no way meant for crime to occur, and that the only person to "blame" was the shooter.

    The exact same thing goes here as it relates to Sharpton.

    As it relates to the entirely separate protesters that had nothing to do with Sharpton, there's a more legitimate argument to be made as they at least are directly "inciting" that specific criminal act...and even then, we'd need to see some evidence that the killer actually heard and was in part motivated by said protests. But at least in that case the hypothetical makes some sense since they, unlike Sharpton, actively were advocating for illegal activity.

  6. #276
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Talk about thread drift.

    Eric Frein is not right wing, he's described to having "fairly liberal views."

    >" — he did not seem to have strong political leanings.

    "He had some fairly liberal views, and he had some fairly conservative views. Some maybe were a little farther to the right than what most people would give. ... He didn't follow a line. He was his own person. He wasn't just a cookie cutter of another group or entity. He definitely had his own independent mind-set,"..."<

    Who is Eric Frein? | lehighvalleylive.com
    You have to love Media Matters. That delightful left wing nutosphere is using this tragedy in NYC to attack Fox News by calling Frein a "right winger" too. (Oh, and they were good enough to blame Bundy for the malfeasance in Nevada earlier this year).

    Fox News' Double Standard For Right-Wing Cop Killers | Blog | Media Matters for America

    This country has gone stark raving mad.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #277
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Body cameras and Fox News have nothing to do with 2 police men being executed.


    Are you not familiar with the body cam discussion, or why it started? The purpose and reason of the rallies are part of this story. The background on the shootings of Michael Brown and Eric Garner are relevant to the rallies, the chants, and Sharpton's speech.

  8. #278
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,683
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But ask yourself, why is it wherever Al Sharpton shows up bad things happen?
    I have no use for Sharpton; never forgiven him for his role in the Tawana Brawley business.

    However, you've got things backward. Bad things happen (to black people), then Sharpton shows up like a bad penny. The man never met a tv camera he didn't like.

    That does not mean that he has any responsibility for the death of those 2 NYC police officers. He doesn't.

  9. #279
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,977
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    There have been dozens of excerpts from Roberts Gates book posted on the DP. Even some excerpts of Leon Panetta's book posted on the DP. There's even a thread about the current Secretary of Defense titled "Tell the White House to go to Hell." That thread was about when Chuck Hagel discovered that Obama was breaking the law by bypassing the military chain of command.

    Do your own research, I'm tired of posting the same links over and over because some are uninformed.
    So in other words, you can't back your claims ?
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I have no use for Sharpton; never forgiven him for his role in the Tawana Brawley business.

    However, you've got things backward. Bad things happen (to black people), then Sharpton shows up like a bad penny. The man never met a tv camera he didn't like.

    That does not mean that he has any responsibility for the death of those 2 NYC police officers. He doesn't.
    Sharpton was in Ferguson as well, presenting a false narrative. Why are you such a fan of Sharpton?

Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •