View Poll Results: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    34 5.48%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im not American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    308 49.60%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    173 27.86%
  • Im not American, no.

    90 14.49%
Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 720

Thread: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433]

  1. #121
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Which march? time. place, route.

    I'm in Chelsea bro. I might pick up if you are telling the truth or not.
    The big one that marched up and down Broadway and then gathered outside the NYPD building. The one you're talking about. Not a one of us were talking to or about Al Sharpton, nor were any of us calling for violence against police.

    Does it bother you to have to rely on lies to make your point? Like, if you had a good point to make, the truth would bear it out. But that's not what's happening here. Does that do anything to dissuade you?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  2. #122
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,948
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I was at that march. I spoke with the organizers. No one was coordinating anything with Al Sharpton nor was anyone working with him. And no one who was part of the march was shouting for dead cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    It was not Sharpton.

    It was not a group led by Sharpton.

    To my understanding, it was not a group "associatd" with Sharpton either...unless you're just saying all black people or black groups are associated with Sharpton.
    FLASHBACK: Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "What Do We Want? Dead Cops!" - Katie Pavlich

    Hmm. Why would it be reported as 'Sharpton's marchers'?

    The ones chanting, that no one knows where they came from, were they bussed in from Ferguson perhaps? Seems like these malcontents and trouble makers they are all over the place.
    Last edited by eohrnberger; 12-22-14 at 03:39 PM.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  3. #123
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,902

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You're wrong. You're just flat out wrong. Unless there's some evidence of him inciting people specifically to violate the law you're just flat out incorrect, and so far you or anyone else have failed to provide such facts.

    This is beyond ridiculous. It was beyond ridiculous when people flooded forward trying to blame "right wing rhetoric" in the past for problems and it's ridiculous now. If you want to say someone is acting irresponsible or is enflaming a situation...fine, that is a legitimate conversation. But trying to claim that Sharpton actively "contributed to the deaths" of these police officeres is asinine.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But ask yourself, why is it wherever Al Sharpton shows up bad things happen?

  4. #124
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Again, still waiting for some kind of evidence or proof that the video of people chanting "what do we want, dead cops" was associated with Sharpton.

    You and others keep claiming it. If it's true it shouldn't be hard to provide some evidence of it other than just continually saying "it was his million marchers event".
    I'm just going by what I saw. And you are right, maybe I misread something, I am looking for the flier.

    I have found zero evidence thus far suggesting Al Sharpton organized a "million marchers" event in New York City. Nothing. All I keep finding is right wing sources claiming that these protesters are part of the "million marchers" protest and that said protest was Sharptons, and yet each link I go to has nothing actually verifying any of those claims.

    I will concede this, I can't find it. let me amend my position. when this **** was happening, and the garbage cans rained down from stories above onto unsuspecting cops, when white upper middle class CUNY dudes attack cops on the brooklyn bridge, these same "organizers" need to come out and say this is not us. they don't until another funeral is planned.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #125
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    By Katie Pavlich? Because she's a right wing shill.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #126
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    My thoughts are that anybody who would take anything Sharpton says to heart is an idiot anyways. Idiots will be idiots. Being an idiot doesn't necessarily make one a cop killer. There are idiots all around everyday.

    I don't think Sharpton is that respected or influential among the killing fringe of our society.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #127
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    [QUOTE=Paschendale;1064118281]The big one that marched up and down Broadway and then gathered outside the NYPD building. The one you're talking about. Not a one of us were talking to or about Al Sharpton, nor were any of us calling for violence against police.[/qujote]

    the dudes in the video were marching towards one police plaza, you do know that right? because you in your section of a large protest were not, does not excuse the part that did.


    Does it bother you to have to rely on lies to make your point? Like, if you had a good point to make, the truth would bear it out. But that's not what's happening here. Does that do anything to dissuade you?

    What did I lie about? Is there really a need to make this personal?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #128
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    This is not the same thing at all. I believe most of the protesters are good, fine people, and I agree with alot of what is being said, there is some I don't agree with. What I am saying is that some of the rhetoric by the race hustlers does indeed incite this type of behavior.
    No, this IS absolutely the same thing. I'm not dealing with the asinine "race hustlers" school yard terms. If you want to reference someone reference them by name. This thread is talking about Sharpton. Nothing sharpton has said can in any way, shape, or form reasonable be suggested a "inciting" a murder. NOTHING. There is not a SHRED of evidence presented thus far of Sharpton suggesting, encouraging, supporting, or even doing a Sharon Angle "hypothesising" of violence. NONE. Nadda. I've asked for it and not a single person has been able to provide.

    At best they point to a random youtube video of protesters that might be participating in a a protest that might be linked to a civil rights group that is tied to Sharpton....as some kind of proof that Sharpton's "rhetoric" had "contributed" to the death of these police officeres.

    The NAN has an active stance denouncing violence, and yet for some reason you seem to think that if Sharpton isn't proactively coming out and...what? making a press release? Doing the rounds on talk shows? Writing an editorial? Send out a tweet? What exactly..."denouncing" any craziness by anyone participating at any point in any protest connected to the NAN at all then it's somehow his fault?

    Please, how is that any different than suggesting the head of various tea party groups needs to proactively run around denouncing things every time a Tea Partier at a rally suggests some matter of violence? Or says something retarded about revolution? Or says something racists?

    It's ludicrous. Especially as it relates to the topic of this thread.

  9. #129
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,948
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    By Katie Pavlich? Because she's a right wing shill.
    But still. There seems to be something to it.

    keep in mind that just one week ago protestors at his march in New York City were chanting, "What do we want? Dead cops! When do what them? Now!"
    The protesters were part of Al Sharpton’s “Million Marchers” protest against police violence. The protesters chanted “What do we want?… Dead cops!” as they marched in New York City.

    http://www.youtube.com/embed/dj4ARsxrZh8

    Meanwhile, former NYPD Commissioner Bernie Kerik is accusing Sharpton and NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio of having blood on their hands.

    "In this circumstance I believe, I personally feel, that Mayor de Blasio, Sharpton and others like them, they actually have blood on their hands,” Kerik said. “They encouraged this behavior. They encouraged protests. These so-called peaceful protests that, where people are standing out there saying ‘kill the cops.’”

    “Well, I hope they’re happy, because they got what they wanted,” Kerik added.

    H/T Gateway Pundit
    FLASHBACK: Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "What Do We Want? Dead Cops!" - Katie Pavlich

    I'll grant you that it's an unconfirmed report, and along with FALs earlier post which stated that 'reports' is equal to 'I made some **** up', makes it suspect.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  10. #130
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But ask yourself, why is it wherever Al Sharpton shows up bad things happen?
    ...

    Really?

    AL SHARPTON DIDN'T SHOW UP THERE! He was in DC

    But god forbid logic, facts, or common sense interfere with your desperate attempt to throw out ridiculous rhetorical questions

Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •