View Poll Results: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    34 5.48%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im not American, yes.

    8 1.29%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    308 49.60%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    173 27.86%
  • Im not American, no.

    90 14.49%
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 720

Thread: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contr to the deaths of 2 Police officers? [W:68, W:433]

  1. #111
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,818
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    For **** sakes, what kind of a man of God would even stay at a hate fest like this? What ****ing US based excuse for fund raising teaches vengeance? Anyone who has even a working knowledge of the Bible knows that to wish someone dead is a mortal sin, as clearly laid out in this thing called The Ten Commandments, not the movie the book.
    But we know that Sharpton is a man of God by his claim only. As you point out, he's not, and from my view, he's just hiding behind that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    This slime is fostering this anger and hate, but moderating it with words that appear moderate, but spoken in an angry, inciting voice like a bad coach calling on his players to break the rules and rough up their opponents because they have no talent. This prick sees anger and violence as his ticket to more fame, which always translates into fortune.
    I don't disagree in the least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Didn't Obama says this guy was his "spiritual leader"? If so, we now know why we have the most self centric administration in history
    Dunno about that, but what I do know is that's it's been a long standing policy across multiple administrations, that only the squeaky clean are allowed to visit the White House, yet this Sharpton character is allowed many multiple visits in spite of him owing $4M in taxes, still hasn't paid his legal fines over Tonawanda Bradley conviction, or prolly a multitude of other unpaid debts and obligations. Rather interesting and telling, that. Says a lot about this president more so than anything else.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Sharpton doesn't have to be the one that stated those specific words to be guilty. He incited people to anger with his rhetoric that did. He's the guy that runs in and pours the gasoline over racial charges, leaves town while others light the match to ignite the fire. What happened in Ferguson is now playing out in NYC.
    You're wrong. You're just flat out wrong. Unless there's some evidence of him inciting people specifically to violate the law you're just flat out incorrect, and so far you or anyone else have failed to provide such facts.

    This is beyond ridiculous. It was beyond ridiculous when people flooded forward trying to blame "right wing rhetoric" in the past for problems and it's ridiculous now. If you want to say someone is acting irresponsible or is enflaming a situation...fine, that is a legitimate conversation. But trying to claim that Sharpton actively "contributed to the deaths" of these police officeres is asinine.

  3. #113
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,319

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    It was not Sharpton.

    It was not a group led by Sharpton.

    To my understanding, it was not a group "associatd" with Sharpton either...unless you're just saying all black people or black groups are associated with Sharpton.

    He's denouncing the killing, but you can't deny he didn't consider this as he riled up the rabble.


    https://www.facebook.com/realsharpto...485231?fref=nf


    But it was his "million marchers" event.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #114
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,319

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You're wrong. You're just flat out wrong. Unless there's some evidence of him inciting people specifically to violate the law you're just flat out incorrect, and so far you or anyone else have failed to provide such facts.

    This is beyond ridiculous. It was beyond ridiculous when people flooded forward trying to blame "right wing rhetoric" in the past for problems and it's ridiculous now. If you want to say someone is acting irresponsible or is enflaming a situation...fine, that is a legitimate conversation. But trying to claim that Sharpton actively "contributed to the deaths" of these police officeres is asinine.


    I agree with you, it's free speech. I do think he was fast to whip up a crowd, and this is some of it's consequences. Is it his fault? No, it was the savage that killed the cops. but he missed an opportunity when at his march those protestors were chanting "what do we want. dead cops" that was when he should have spoken out.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #115
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers? [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Why is it that "progressives" encourage the censorship in the mainstream media, but cry, falsely, "second amendment" at the first sign one of their own may be a monster?

    This guy is, no doubt. But no, you cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theatre, you cannot incite others to violence [cleverly done here] and you cannot, in sane countries, single out an "identifiable group" for any form of disrepute. Here, you may not get jail for robbery, but you will for what this prick is doing.

    There is no "right" in anything he's doing, in fact the opposite made even more disgusting because he clearly doesn't even believe his own rhetoric, HE isn't going to march with the people he's stirred to action.

    Martin Luther King weeps in his grave.
    What "censorship in the mainstream media" are "progressives" advocating?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #116
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I agree with you, it's free speech. I do think he was fast to whip up a crowd, and this is some of it's consequences. Is it his fault? No, it was the savage that killed the cops. but he missed an opportunity when at his march those protestors were chanting "what do we want. dead cops" that was when he should have spoken out.
    He wasn't there. It wasn't "his" march.

    This is absurd. Blame Sharpton, facts be damned.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    ****ing beyond digusting when partisan hacks here and elsewhere used the death of a little girl and the injury to multiple poeple to push their pathetic political agendas in the past, and it's beyond disgusting when the same kind of thing is happening here as well.

    Al Sharpton did not call for Cops to be killed. Al Sharpton did not give any encouragement for cops to being killed. Al Sharpton did not advocate for any violence ot be done. Al Sharpton did not encourage for any illegal activity to be engaged in. Al Sharpton did not lead any chants calling for violence. Al Sharpton did not organize any protest aimed at spurring criminality.

    If you want to say Al Sharpton used irresponsible language and needlessly enflamed a situation via his comments and his support for significant protests, that's completely reasonable.

    If you want to suggest Al Sharpton specifically contributed to the death of two police officers you're being absolutely unreasonable and foolish, using horrible logic and guilt by association tactics at best, and outright falsehoods and dishonesty at worst.

    Sickening, disgusting, and sadly not surprising from those who must toe follow their political agendas at all costs, principles, logic, consistency, decency, or reasonableness be damned.

  8. #118
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure that the professor who was throwing metal trash cans off a bridge at cops was a secret conservative, as were the protestors who attacked the police when they moved in to arrest him. All of them there just to make Sharpton & Co. look bad


    this is a famous left wing tactic (Salinsky used to advise college students to protest in favor of Republicans while publicly associating themselves with the KKK, and famously there was the call to infiltrate the Tea Party protests with racist signs), but not one that I've seen the right use much.
    I don't believe that was said. Both corporate and government provocateurs have been known to do this sort of thing long before even Salnsky was born.

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I agree with you, it's free speech. I do think he was fast to whip up a crowd, and this is some of it's consequences. Is it his fault? No, it was the savage that killed the cops. but he missed an opportunity when at his march those protestors were chanting "what do we want. dead cops" that was when he should have spoken out.
    Again, still waiting for some kind of evidence or proof that the video of people chanting "what do we want, dead cops" was associated with Sharpton.

    You and others keep claiming it. If it's true it shouldn't be hard to provide some evidence of it other than just continually saying "it was his million marchers event".

    I have found zero evidence thus far suggesting Al Sharpton organized a "million marchers" event in New York City. Nothing. All I keep finding is right wing sources claiming that these protesters are part of the "million marchers" protest and that said protest was Sharptons, and yet each link I go to has nothing actually verifying any of those claims.

    And I ask again, if this was just a protest that wasn't organized by him, wasn't attended by him, and had no other direct tie to him...but simply used the same name and general message of a different protest by him...how is demanding him to come out a week ago and proactively condemn every crazy thing any of the protestors said any different than expecting every tea party backed politician or leader to come out and routinely and continually proactively condemn every crazy thing any protester at any random event that claims to be "tea party" based? For ****s sake, this is ridiculous over reach here in attempting to smear and cast guilt upon Sharpton. Ridiculous, doubly so given your (rightful) attitude towards those who try this kind of crap towards the tea party.

  10. #120
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,319

    Re: Did Al Sharpton's rhetoric contribute to the deaths of 2 NYPD Police officers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Sharpton's protest was in DC. These guys are in New York. What evidence what so ever do you have that these peoples march has anything to do or is tied in any way with Al Sharpton.
    I'm actually looking for the flyer. I will scan it and post if if I haven't thrown it out. I believe it was a NAN flyer about the "national day of resistance" or somesuch, links to past events see, not to be available on the website.



    Give me a break Reverend. With how quickly you (rightfully) condemn people who go off on the Tea Party as a whole, or any politician associated with the Tea Party, due to actions by individual elements it's laughable that you are up here trying to condemn Sharpton for what people at a rally he isn't even a part of are saying and suggesting he's some how needs to actively come out and "denounce" what some crazies within the protesters have said.

    This is not the same thing at all. I believe most of the protesters are good, fine people, and I agree with alot of what is being said, there is some I don't agree with. What I am saying is that some of the rhetoric by the race hustlers does indeed incite this type of behavior.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •