View Poll Results: Should President Kennedy be condemned for the embargos against Cuba

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, people should know the Embargos were by Democrat Prez. Kennedy

    8 4.40%
  • No, this could damage Democrat JFK as heroic and perfect

    13 7.14%
  • No, no politician should ever be held to public scrutiny

    9 4.95%
  • No, Tea Party Republicans did it

    152 83.52%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against Cuba

  1. #1
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against Cuba

    A majority of Americans and members of this forum believe the embargo against Cuba was always wrong and was a stupid, cruel and harmful policy.

    Yet no one is identifying who did this terrible thing to Cubans and such great stupid evil by the United States. Should Democratic President John F Kennedy be retroactively publicly condemned for imposing the embargos (there were many embargo laws he put into effect) against Cuba? Should young Americans particularly know WHO did this to Castro and Cubans to understand political history and partisan history accurately?
    Last edited by joko104; 12-20-14 at 08:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    What's the point? Why bother condemning someone who is dead and wouldn't care?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #3
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    What's the point? Why bother condemning someone who is dead and wouldn't care?
    Are you referring to slavery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  4. #4
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    It's not about President Kennedy's feelings. It is about people knowing true history including partisan history.

    Should it be agreed to never mention Watergate, who the President was or his party affiliation because Nixon is dead? People post about Reagan often. He's dead. All the "founding fathers" are dead. Does history end as each person of it dies?

    This is a valid issue. JFK is a past Democratic President oft held out to be one the Democratic Party's best of all times. Yet most Americans and those on the forum think is policy on Cuba was stupid, evil and worse than pointless. As people discuss this, shouldn't it be mentioned who put it in place? NOT ONCE I have seen or read anything saying this was started by President Kennedy or why. Just the assertion it was a failed horrible policy as if t just magically happened some unknown way - even some blaming in the CIA - which is false. It was Democratic President John F. Kennedy, not the CIA.

  5. #5
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Are you referring to slavery?
    All slaveowners are dead. Everyone of the confederacy is dead. Jim Crow and all the politicians who passed it are dead. Nixon is dead. FDR is dead. Truman is dead.

    Therefore, they should never be mentioned in the context of history? Rather, just teach things just happened, no idea who or why?

  6. #6
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    It's not about President Kennedy's feelings. It is about people knowing true history including partisan history.

    Should it be agreed to never mention Watergate, who the President was or his party affiliation because Nixon is dead? People post about Reagan often. He's dead. All the "founding fathers" are dead. Does history end as each person of it dies?

    This is a valid issue. JFK is a past Democratic President oft held out to be one the Democratic Party's best of all times. Yet most Americans and those on the forum think is policy on Cuba was stupid, evil and worse than pointless. As people discuss this, shouldn't it be mentioned who put it in place? NOT ONCE I have seen or read anything saying this was started by President Kennedy or why. Just the assertion it was a failed horrible policy as if t just magically happened some unknown way - even some blaming in the CIA - which is false. It was Democratic President John F. Kennedy, not the CIA.
    Today's democrats can't identify with Kennedy anyway. You know, the whole "ask not what your country can do for you" thing. Dems most likely look at Kennedy as a Republican in wolf's clothing.

    Kennedy would roll over in his grave if he knew what was happening with the Democrat party in the 21st century.
    Last edited by Μολὼν λαβέ; 12-20-14 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #7
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    This topic of Cuba is interesting. Obama declared it was a "failed policy" and it should have not have happened. And most people agree.

    No one discusses who imposed the embargo or why. Nor is any reason every given how the embargo hurt the USA or lifting it helps the USA. Just a blind yes, of course, the embargo was wrong and it wonderful now that it is being lifted.

    Yes, the embargo against ISIS is wrong and should be lifted. President Obama is wrong to have imposed it. How can people be lifted up with the embargo in place? Why punish those people? How than they know there is a better way? Embargos are wrong.

    That's the ONLY logic I've read from ANYONE cheering the lifting of the embargo and why it was always wrong. Not 1 in 50 people have a clue what the embargo against Cuba was about, do they?

  8. #8
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    All slaveowners are dead. Everyone of the confederacy is dead. Jim Crow and all the politicians who passed it are dead. Nixon is dead. FDR is dead. Truman is dead.

    Therefore, they should never be mentioned in the context of history? Rather, just teach things just happened, no idea who or why?
    Only when it serves their ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #9
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Today's democrats can't identify with Kennedy anyway. You know, the whole "ask not what your country can do for you" speech. Dems most likely look at Kennedy as a Republican is wolf's clothing.

    Kennedy would roll over in his grave if he knew what was happening with the Democrat party in the 21st century.
    That's interesting. Any Democrats agree with that? After Kennedy was LBJ and Vietnam. Before Kennedy was Truman nuking Japan and the Korean War - an embargo against China (lifted by Republican Nixon). Before Truman was FDR and WWII. WWI was Wilson. All Democrats. The embargo against Iran was Carter, another Democrat.

    Do current Democrats really see all Democrat Presidents prior to Bill Clinton as evil Republicans in wolf's clothing?

  10. #10
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,932
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Should President John Kennedy be retroactively condemned for the embargo against

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    A majority of Americans and members of this forum believe the embargo against Cuba was always wrong and was a stupid, cruel and harmful policy.

    Yet no one is identifying who did this terrible thing to Cubans and such great stupid evil by the United States. Should Democratic President John F Kennedy be retroactively publicly condemned for imposing the embargos (there were many embargo laws he put into effect) against Cuba? Should young Americans particularly know WHO did this to Castro and Cubans to understand political history and partisan history accurately?
    You're kidding, right? Now I agree one should understand the history of it. If one understand what was happening in 1962 and in 1963 when the embargo was implemented, there was good reason.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •