View Poll Results: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    8 11.94%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    5 7.46%
  • Im not American, yes.

    1 1.49%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    26 38.81%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    19 28.36%
  • Im not American, no.

    8 11.94%
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 347

Thread: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I am celebrating x-mas but the question was whether or not I agreed with Ben Steins views on x-mas and I do not. I do not believe in gods so his religious view of what x-mas is, is not what I feel. I feel it is a nice festive season, the only presents we bought are for my 2 nephews and the will not be giving presents.
    Fair enough and merry Christmas btw.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    None of those definitions apply to my family.

    Maybe yours, but not mine.
    Thats lovely celebrate all day every day, its still routine.

  3. #163
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats lovely celebrate all day every day, its still routine.
    I'll add routine and celebration to the list of words you don't understand the meaning of
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No no no no. You posted this video and even quoted him saying, "We don't honor retail sales numbers. We honor the spirit of forgiveness and love. That's Christmas for me.". And you even defended him on this point as being "celebrating Christmas".... Then you randomly changed direction at one point to it "celebrating Christ's birth"... So... Whats the deal here bud? Is Stein suddenly wrong, and one of those "atheist leftys"?
    A simple question-What historical event does Christmas celebrate?

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'll add routine and celebration to the list of words you don't understand the meaning of
    You better inform the dictionary of your innovations as well.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Fair enough and merry Christmas btw.
    I wish the same to those who have a different view of x-mas. People should celebrate it how they want too because they and only they should decide what value they place on x-mas.

    And a merry Christmas to you too (and I am using Christmas here because even though I celebrate x-mas, I assume you do celebrate the birth of Christ and I respect your celebration of his birth even though I do not celebrate it).
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Atheists do not celebrate the birth anyone at x-mas.
    Are you not taking part in the celebrations, even if you personally dont believe?

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I wish the same to those who have a different view of x-mas. People should celebrate it how they want too because they and only they should decide what value they place on x-mas.

    And a merry Christmas to you too (and I am using Christmas here because even though I celebrate x-mas, I assume you do celebrate the birth of Christ and I respect your celebration of his birth even though I do not celebrate it).
    Do you mean that in the Netherlands Christmas and x-mas have distinctly different meanings?

  9. #169
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    A simple question-What historical event does Christmas celebrate?
    So you are changing your point for the meaning of the celebration of Christmas? It went from upholding Ben Steins of "forgiveness and love" to "birth of Christ"?


  10. #170
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Do you agree with Ben Stein's unique Christmas perspective?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Are you not taking part in the celebrations, even if you personally dont believe?
    I do not celebrate the birth of christ, I celebrate the holiday season. I do not really celebrate anything except having a good last year maybe.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •