View Poll Results: Romney or Clinton in 2016

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

    35 16.13%
  • Hillary Clinton

    182 83.87%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

  1. #41
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Despite the Bush wealth and insider machinery pushing him everyway possible, Romney is more popular among Republicans.

    Fox News Poll: Romney, Clinton lead potential 2016 presidential pack | Fox News

    So, which would you vote for in 2016, Romney or Clinton?
    anonymous polls suck

    Romney

    I'd vote for a road killed armadillo over Cankles



  2. #42
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,927
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I totally despised Ron Paul. I liked his son's independent streak, though he's racing to be mainstream.

    It is all opinion for anyone. While Romney would be a moderate, not conservative, and I don't like the social agenda of the right overall - and despite his flipflops - he is a brilliant man, his education shows it, and at least on a personal level he was loyal to the behavior rules of his religion - not easy to do. In short, I think there is a threshold to how corrupt he would be willing to be. I think he would have good motives.

    Unlike Clinton and DEFINITELY unlike Bush, there is nothing in his record of using government position for his own personal wealthy building - which is the Bush family heritage, and very much including Jeb Bush for which his initial wealth came by essentially theft of government funds via dealings with racketeers and fraudsters - many who went to prison. I believe Jeb Bush has no integrity whatsoever, is a thief and a big government insider in the worst possible ways.

    In my view, Jeb Bush is immoral trash, a person's whose entire resume is of political, institutional and financial corruption, theft and scams. Hillary? Hillary is a coattail rider, a hothead, and a big deal by declaring herself to be one. Romney? Romney was a businessman in the business of making money. He proved he is an excellent organizer over the Olympics and he proved he could function as governor with a solidly Democratic legislature - something neither Bush nor Clinton have ANY experience at.

    Candidly, what Hillary Clinton says and Jeb Bush says is worthless. They'll say anything, anything at all. While Romney was not consistent either, his personal life ethics of his own personal behavior seem basically perfect - where Jeb Bush's is despicable and Hillary's is, at best, lacking.

    Ultimately, when push comes to shove I believe Romney's inclination would be to try to figure what is the right thing to do. Hillary would try to think of what is the enlightened thing to say. Jeb Bush's only consideration would be "what's in this for me?" That's how I feel about it.
    that is laying it all out their, I will give you credit for that. I think the last time I really believed in a man running for president was Ross Perot. Before that you would have to go back to Goldwater. Both lost, trounced. But their ideas lived on. Perhaps I have become just an old cynic, one who has given up on people, candidates and now just concentrate on who has the best chance of winning.

    You are refreshing,
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #43
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    that is laying it all out their, I will give you credit for that. I think the last time I really believed in a man running for president was Ross Perot. Before that you would have to go back to Goldwater. Both lost, trounced. But their ideas lived on. Perhaps I have become just an old cynic, one who has given up on people, candidates and now just concentrate on who has the best chance of winning.

    You are refreshing,
    I do think people have just given up. If you point out extreme lies by a politician what responses do you see? 1.) Oh yeah, well the other guy did it to so it doesn't matter or 2.) So what, all politicians lie.

    To me, the question has come down to if all the chips are down or when the true great moments of decision come, what will the person do? What will motivate the person? Will the person try to do "the right thing" - even if against the person's self interests?

    From what I've read and seen (not much), Ross Perot was a bit of a ego centric guy, but brilliant. Goldwater may have been the last old school conservative - willing to say he's not going to let the religious rightwing tell him what to do, that government should just stay the hell out of people's lives, while the USA should have a strong defense we shouldn't be in wars and conflicts all over the world, and people should be responsible for their own lives rather than the government being their caretakers.

    The media lied horrifically about him - and I read later after the election some even apologized to him. LBJ promised he would not go to war in Vietnam, while declaring Goldwater would start WWIII, and then LBJ put 500,000 troops in Vietnam. And Republicans mostly sided with him on it.

    There are no H Ross Perots or Barry Goldwaters to even hope for anymore, is there? Its just who has the $$, the insider contacts, best delivers speeches from the best speech writers, and basically tells the most convincing lies making the most promises of free stuff.

    Sad, really. If one looks at the whole history of the USA and the original ideology behind it? That's all gone.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,927
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I do think people have just given up. If you point out extreme lies by a politician what responses do you see? 1.) Oh yeah, well the other guy did it to so it doesn't matter or 2.) So what, all politicians lie.

    To me, the question has come down to if all the chips are down or when the true great moments of decision come, what will the person do? What will motivate the person? Will the person try to do "the right thing" - even if against the person's self interests?

    From what I've read and seen (not much), Ross Perot was a bit of a ego centric guy, but brilliant. Goldwater may have been the last old school conservative - willing to say he's not going to let the religious rightwing tell him what to do, that government should just stay the hell out of people's lives, while the USA should have a strong defense we shouldn't be in wars and conflicts all over the world, and people should be responsible for their own lives rather than the government being their caretakers.

    The media lied horrifically about him - and I read later after the election some even apologized to him. LBJ promised he would not go to war in Vietnam, while declaring Goldwater would start WWIII, and then LBJ put 500,000 troops in Vietnam. And Republicans mostly sided with him on it.

    There are no H Ross Perots or Barry Goldwaters to even hope for anymore, is there? Its just who has the $$, the insider contacts, best delivers speeches from the best speech writers, and basically tells the most convincing lies making the most promises of free stuff.

    Sad, really. If one looks at the whole history of the USA and the original ideology behind it? That's all gone.
    Yeah it is, it all just seems to be memories and all gone. Let me tell you how I first came to know of Ross Perot if you don’t mind. It was Christmas of 1969, I was stationed in Vientiane Laos. This little fellow, Perot had been trying for a couple of months to get the North Vietnamese to accept some Christmas presents for our POW’s in Hanoi. He flew into Vientiane on a 707 full of Christmas gifts. He chose Vientiane because it has both a North Vietnamese Embassy and an American one. He walked right up to the North Vietnamese Embassy, he was stopped by their guard. Perot demanded to speak to the North Vietnamese Ambassador in order to try to make him accept the Christmas Presents. The North Vietnamese Ambassador wouldn’t come out and talk to him and in the end Perot left Vientiane with the same load of Christmas Presents he had brought. He was one feisty little fellow and he gained my respects that day so many years ago.

    You’re right about Goldwater too. I remember LBJ saying that if you voted for Goldwater that our American boys would be involved in a War in Southeast Asia. He was right, I voted for Goldwater and sure enough our American boy went to war in Vietnam, all over Southeast Asia in fact. I could tell you more, but you seem pretty much up on him. His slogan, “In your heart you know he is right.” He most certainly was.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #45
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Yeah it is, it all just seems to be memories and all gone. Let me tell you how I first came to know of Ross Perot if you don’t mind. It was Christmas of 1969, I was stationed in Vientiane Laos. This little fellow, Perot had been trying for a couple of months to get the North Vietnamese to accept some Christmas presents for our POW’s in Hanoi. He flew into Vientiane on a 707 full of Christmas gifts. He chose Vientiane because it has both a North Vietnamese Embassy and an American one. He walked right up to the North Vietnamese Embassy, he was stopped by their guard. Perot demanded to speak to the North Vietnamese Ambassador in order to try to make him accept the Christmas Presents. The North Vietnamese Ambassador wouldn’t come out and talk to him and in the end Perot left Vientiane with the same load of Christmas Presents he had brought. He was one feisty little fellow and he gained my respects that day so many years ago.

    You’re right about Goldwater too. I remember LBJ saying that if you voted for Goldwater that our American boys would be involved in a War in Southeast Asia. He was right, I voted for Goldwater and sure enough our American boy went to war in Vietnam, all over Southeast Asia in fact. I could tell you more, but you seem pretty much up on him. His slogan, “In your heart you know he is right.” He most certainly was.
    I try to learn of history. It tells us how we got to where we are and so much more.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,927
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I try to learn of history. It tells us how we got to where we are and so much more.
    And like the old adage goes: Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat its same mistakes.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #47
    Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,010

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Scott walker will be the GOP's presidential nominee. Watch

  8. #48
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    Scott walker will be the GOP's presidential nominee. Watch
    Naw, he's a regional thing.

  9. #49
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    This poll was messed with by a Hillary junkie like the Jeb v. Hillary poll. There is no limit to how many times a person can vote. The polls should all be public for this reason. Any poll that isn't public isn't a poll at all. Maybe, if possible, only public polls could be allowed to be posted.

  10. #50
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Romney or Clintion for President in 2016?

    Do I want a fungus riddled, decaying douchebag or do I want a vomit in a brown paperbag for lunch?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •