View Poll Results: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush's family

    72 26.77%
  • Clinton's family

    197 73.23%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 162

Thread: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Okay simpleton, let's feed you your soup of facts as I see you're beginning to feel cognizant.


    -The Ambassador to Libya was in an open war zone

    -The Ambassador to Libya was an open political Democrat

    Hillary has no felons in her family. She has no kids with drug arrests, alcohol arrests and attempts at resisting arrest. Jeb Bush does simply put. Should someone like that be in the white house? Do you think Obama would have got into the white House if his kids had merely had a mere swipe with the law? Why should Jeb Bush get to be elected simply because he's a fat connected rich white guy with felon kids who he got off via his connections? Why is that fair?
    One, I think both Hilly and Jebby would be TERRIBLE POTUS's.

    Two, TurtleDude is a lot things (some good, some not), a simpleton is not one of them.

    Three, I would LOVE to see the first family with TONS of drug and alcohol arrests (including the POTUS); shows character. Good people learn from their mistakes, bad ones don't and people that never make mistakes don't know what life is about.
    Unlike you apparently, I judge substance over style.

    Merry X-thingy.
    Last edited by DA60; 12-24-14 at 11:45 AM.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I would be willing to agree that it is quite possible that those who made the ad were willing to throw that in in the hopes it would tilt a few votes. I also think it's quite possible that it immediately reinforces the fact that the charge was adultery.

    Whichever, it was a lie. McCain did not father the child, however much he may have been a father to her later.
    Lmao, why make up a lie about adultery? McCain was already banging his current wife before his divorce was finalized. Hell, he remarried 5 whole weeks after he divorced his previous wife. There was no need to imply adultery when there are already very real stories that don't require a black illegitimate child.

    McCain's broken marriage fractured other ties as well - Los Angeles Times

    "I spent as much time with Cindy in Washington and Arizona as our jobs would allow," McCain wrote. "I was separated from Carol, but our divorce would not become final until February of 1980."

    An examination of court documents tells a different story. McCain did not sue his wife for divorce until Feb. 19, 1980, and he wrote in his court petition that he and his wife had "cohabited" until Jan. 7 of that year -- or for the first nine months of his relationship with Hensley.

    Although McCain suggested in his autobiography that months passed between his divorce and remarriage, the divorce was granted April 2, 1980, and he wed Hensley in a private ceremony five weeks later. McCain obtained an Arizona marriage license on March 6, 1980, while still legally married to his first wife.
    Get serious cpwill.

    Yeah... if you want to talk about who is biased against mixed-race couples I'm going to start bringing up the fact that the most biased demographic is black women who vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Even in our church the treatment of a white woman who dared to marry a black man was awful.
    As I stated: A sign of this post-racial GOP: Race only matters when it's important to your arguments.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #143
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Where is the option for they all look like "Americanas"?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  4. #144
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, why make up a lie about adultery? McCain was already banging his current wife before his divorce was finalized. Hell, he remarried 5 whole weeks after he divorced his previous wife. There was no need to imply adultery when there are already very real stories that don't require a black illegitimate child.

    McCain's broken marriage fractured other ties as well - Los Angeles Times
    Because it's easy enough for conservatives to put that in the context of a returning POW. The point was to suggest recent activity.

    As I stated: A sign of this post-racial GOP: Race only matters when it's important to your arguments.
    I don't think race matters to the GOP like it matters to those on the left. We tend to see things more in terms of ideological identity groups, whereas those on the left tend to turn more to the more traditional "identity groups" (gender, race, now sexuality). For conservatives, the natural fail is to therefore assume that when liberal tribes defend other tribes in the context of far-left behavior, that means that they themselves are supporters of (or would themselves engage in) said activity. No, they are just defending an ally in order to maintain the identity group model. For liberals, the natural fail is similarly to mirror image and assume that conservatives place the same weight on race and gender as they do, but in the opposite direction.

  5. #145
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,483

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The diversity of a family is superficial and irrelevant as to how well someone can run a country.

    Anyone who votes for a candidate because of the 'diversity' of their family is either stupid or racist or both.
    Since when does it matter if the candidate can run the country?

  6. #146
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Because it's easy enough for conservatives to put that in the context of a returning POW. The point was to suggest recent activity.
    Lmao, McCain was released 7 years before the events in the article. In any case, what context? He was unfaithful to his wife, if the question was about adultery: Why throw in the black child? You're looking for anything to help you avoid the fact that the black child thing was unnecessary to a case about adultery.

    I don't think race matters to the GOP like it matters to those on the left.
    It wasn't about whether race mattered to one side and not the other. It was about when race mattered. That you keep ignoring that little fact is pretty indicative of just how invested you are in believing that there was nothing racial about saying that McCain had cheated on his pretty blond wife with a black woman and made a kid behind her back.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #147
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,483

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Shouldn't Bush be elected just to have the first Latina as first lady?

    Isn't that how things are done now?

  8. #148
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, McCain was released 7 years before the events in the article.
    And came back a different person, as most folks can understand. I'm not saying that it excuses his behavior, simply that it puts it in a context conservatives can understand. There is wide latitude given on the right to those who serve notably in a time of war.

    It wasn't about whether race mattered to one side and not the other. It was about when race mattered.
    And the portion you cut out addressed this. For the left, race mattering is a permanent a priori because it's part of the foundation of their coalition. That's why the knives come out for women or blacks who are public conservatives - they threaten the coalition. For the right, race matters only situationally - when it is pertinent to a particular defined question.

    In any case, what context? He was unfaithful to his wife, if the question was about adultery: Why throw in the black child? You're looking for anything to help you avoid the fact that the black child thing was unnecessary to a case about adultery.
    ... That you keep ignoring that little fact is pretty indicative of just how invested you are in believing that there was nothing racial about saying that McCain had cheated on his pretty blond wife with a black woman and made a kid behind her back.
    why are you insisting on this straw man when I have already agreed that the racial aspect was likely part of it?

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    Three, I would LOVE to see the first family with TONS of drug and alcohol arrests (including the POTUS); shows character. Good people learn from their mistakes, bad ones don't and people that never make mistakes don't know what life is about.
    Unlike you apparently, I judge substance over style.

    Merry X-thingy.

    I'm not out to offend your sense of the world but there are tens of millions of people that live perfectly normal lives that have never been arrested. You get more points for not being an idiot, not for being an idiot and getting caught. That's simply how the world works. It's simply to say the people who don't have arrests are smarter. They left the party before the cops arrested people. Generally speaking you want those people who were smart enough to leave the party early and not be arrested, you generally want those to be your leaders in charge of the nuclear weapons. Not people who can't spell arguing in favor of the criminal element entering the white house.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Which family looks more "Americana"? The Clinton's or Jeb Bush's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I'm not out to offend your sense of the world but there are tens of millions of people that live perfectly normal lives that have never been arrested. You get more points for not being an idiot, not for being an idiot and getting caught. That's simply how the world works.
    People that drink and do drugs excessively are not necessarily idiots. They are just troubled. Everyone has troubles - some are bigger then others.

    And people that deal with their troubles through escaping (like drugs and alcohol) can go two ways. Give into it or learn from it. I will take someone that has dealt with their personal demons and come out the other side stronger and wiser then someone who has never dealt with them at all BECAUSE I know that the former will be steady under pressure because they have been there and done it. Whereas someone that has never known adversity (and being POTUS is FILLED with adversity) simply has no experience dealing with such things.

    Also, we are talking about drinking and drug convictions...not hurting others. Imo, what someone does in their spare time - if it hurts no one else directly - is no one's business but theirs (and the law if it gets that far).

    To disqualify someone because they once had problems, yet worked through them and became a better person for them means that - in your eyes (it seems) - as soon as people make ONE mistake, they are never good enough for you again.

    Life is about learning from your mistakes...not being perfect.


    No offense, but your opinion is what is wrong with U.S. politics. Because of this public desire for personal perfection, it rules out fantastic people who once made mistakes (and learned from them).

    What the POTUS does with his/her spare time (if legal) is NO ONES business but his/hers. All that should matter is how well they do their job - not how well they handle their private lives.


    You have started threads about which family looks more Americana and which looks fatter and one entitled 'Are Short-Medium height Men More Conservative and Tall Men more Moderate-Liberal?. Jeez man...how superficial can you get? I am not trying to pick a fight but do you even care about where they stand on the issues - or is all that matters to you is how they look?
    Last edited by DA60; 12-25-14 at 01:09 AM.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •