View Poll Results: Should we proceed with nuclear disarmament?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we should eliminate all of our nuclear weapons

    5 15.63%
  • Yes, but we should only eliminate some, not all

    3 9.38%
  • No

    21 65.63%
  • We should do it in conjunction with other countries

    9 28.13%
  • We should do it unilaterally

    0 0%
  • Other

    3 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Nuclear disarmament

  1. #21
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    Nukes are different. Even if we were to disarm every nuclear weapon in existence, nuclear technology would still exist,
    The technology will always exist period. However we can disarm countries of their nuclear weapons, and us ourselves can also do this.

    and it wouldn't take a nuclear engineer with bad intentions much time to figure out how to make it explode again.
    Ok....

    Hell, even a backwards-ass country like Iran would have had their hands on nukes by now if it weren't for American sabotage.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/wo...bomb.html?_r=0
    FCNL: U.S. & Israeli Officials: Iran is NOT Building Nuclear Weapons
    'Mossad, CIA agree Iran has yet to decide to build nuclear weapon' - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

    On top of that, do you honestly believe any government in it's right mind would ever consider full disarmament, and take other nations at face value?
    Yes. With proper checks and inspections. We cam pretty damn close in the 80's.


  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    we should disarm, but it's a Pandora's box. probably won't ever happen until humans decide that imaginary lines or different beliefs aren't worth blowing each other up over. alternatively, society might collapse entirely, the bombs will decay and we'll forget how to make them. i'd prefer the former.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, you're wrong and I know how Nuetron Bombs function.

    Nuetron bombs are also known as " Enhanced Radiation Devices. "

    The casing that sheilds conventional Fusion weapons is deliberately thin facilitating a greater release of the Nuetrons produced during the Fusion. Reaction.

    A Nuetron Bomb produces 10 times the radioactive fallout that a conventional fissile weapon creates. Its the Fissile trigger in a Fusion Bomb that creates the Radioactive fallout.

    They are also banned under the 1996 Comprehensive Test Ban.

    Also, Hydrogen weapons use deuterium and Lithium 6, not tritium.

    Tritium is produced a microsecond after the fissile trigger detonates from the Lithium 6.
    If you say so. In any case, those of us who understand what radioactive fallout is, will continue knowing what we're talking about.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The technology will always exist period. However we can disarm countries of their nuclear weapons, and us ourselves can also do this.


    Ok....


    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/wo...bomb.html?_r=0
    FCNL: U.S. & Israeli Officials: Iran is NOT Building Nuclear Weapons
    'Mossad, CIA agree Iran has yet to decide to build nuclear weapon' - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz



    Yes. With proper checks and inspections. We cam pretty damn close in the 80's.
    Your article that says Iran has " not decided to build Nuclear weapons " is 2 years old

    The IAEA issued a report in 2011 statkng that Iran had been involved in activities consistent with the intent to build Nuclear weapons INCLUDING specifc research onUranium cores and detonators.

    Consider the IAEAs report along with the fact that Iran had kept its Nuclear weapons program secret for 18 years until it was uncovered in 2000.

    There's no reason to believe their research and work is based on energy development.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your article that says Iran has " not decided to build Nuclear weapons " is 2 years old

    The IAEA issued a report in 2011 statkng that Iran had been involved in activities consistent with the intent to build Nuclear weapons INCLUDING specifc research onUranium cores and detonators.

    Consider the IAEAs report along with the fact that Iran had kept its Nuclear weapons program secret for 18 years until it was uncovered in 2000.

    There's no reason to believe their research and work is based on energy development.
    Breathing is also consistent with intent to produce nuclear weapons.

  6. #26
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The technology will always exist period. However we can disarm countries of their nuclear weapons, and us ourselves can also do this.


    Ok....


    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/wo...bomb.html?_r=0
    FCNL: U.S. & Israeli Officials: Iran is NOT Building Nuclear Weapons
    'Mossad, CIA agree Iran has yet to decide to build nuclear weapon' - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz



    Yes. With proper checks and inspections. We cam pretty damn close in the 80's.
    It's not happening, not now not ever, and I hope it never does.

    Quite frankly, let the mind out of la-la land.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #27
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Breathing is also consistent with intent to produce nuclear weapons.

    What does that have to do with a top State sponsor of terrors attempt to produce Nuclear weapons ?

    In terms of Foreign policy decisions in both the US and Israel in response to Irans Nuclead ambitions I'm sure " breathing " is assumed as a given.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    What does that have to do with a top State sponsor of terrors attempt to produce Nuclear weapons ?

    In terms of Foreign policy decisions in both the US and Israel in response to Irans Nuclead ambitions I'm sure " breathing " is assumed as a given.
    You claimed that Iran is engaged in activities consistent with intent to make nuclear weapons. So is everyone.

    There s no evidence Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons. American and Israeli paranoia is not evidence.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    You claimed that Iran is engaged in activities consistent with intent to make nuclear weapons. So is everyone.

    There s no evidence Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons. American and Israeli paranoia is not evidence.

    Lol !!!

    Yes, the leading State sponsor of terror, run by radical theocrats who've vowed numerous times to destroy Israel, who kept their Nuclear program secret for 18 years, who currently have thousands of centrifuges currently in operation have absolutely no intention of building a Nuclear weapon......

    Now that's hilarious.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nuclear disarmament

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lol !!!

    Yes, the leading State sponsor of terror, run by radical theocrats who've vowed numerous times to destroy Israel, who kept their Nuclear program secret for 18 years, who currently have thousands of centrifuges currently in operation have absolutely no intention of building a Nuclear weapon......

    Now that's hilarious.
    What's hilarious is to consider two of the most belligerent countries on Earth credible to declare "dangerous" a country that hasn't attacked anyone in nearly two hundred years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •