View Poll Results: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will financially collapse

    10 18.87%
  • It will financially develop

    12 22.64%
  • a more conservative policy will dominate the country

    7 13.21%
  • a more socialistic movement will influence the country

    14 26.42%
  • It will go into world war 3

    5 9.43%
  • l dont know

    12 22.64%
  • political polarizations will cause many of these

    11 20.75%
  • other

    21 39.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 194

Thread: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    If you can remember nickle cokes, you also remember when $1 an hour was considered to be "good money".

    Is our standard of living lower today than it was way back then?
    I don't know, we got more toys. Back then the middle class was larger and growing. It is shrinking today. Back then we were an industrial and Manufacturing nation, today we import most things we use to make.

    I had a real good life on the farm, now the family farm is a thing of the past. I wouldn't say my standard of living is any better. If having at 50 inch TV instead of a 19 inch means a better standard of living, then perhaps so. Having a cell phone instead of having to use a pay phone, then probably so. But as I said these are just toys as a result of advancement in technology.

    I suppose it all depends on how one looks at things. When I was born the debt was at 270 billion give or take a billion or two. Today it is over 18 trillion.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #52
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I don't know, we got more toys. Back then the middle class was larger and growing. It is shrinking today. Back then we were an industrial and Manufacturing nation, today we import most things we use to make.

    I had a real good life on the farm, now the family farm is a thing of the past. I wouldn't say my standard of living is any better. If having at 50 inch TV instead of a 19 inch means a better standard of living, then perhaps so. Having a cell phone instead of having to use a pay phone, then probably so. But as I said these are just toys as a result of advancement in technology.

    I suppose it all depends on how one looks at things. When I was born the debt was at 270 billion give or take a billion or two. Today it is over 18 trillion.
    And that debt makes absolutely no difference in your standard of living does it?

    As long as we keep reducing tax rates (as we have through our lifetimes), the debt will continue to increase, and continue to make no difference to our standard of living.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #53
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Which makes the dollar worth less and less.
    And the world is catching on, which explains why so many countries around the world are agreeing that our "petro-dollar favored nation" status needs to be eliminated and replaced with a basket of currencies which have a gold backing, which would be used worldwide in place of our dollar. China wants the yuan to be part of that basket, and it is believed they have accumulated 6.000 tons of gold to back it. They are concerned about our $18 trillion, and climbing, debt and they just don't trust our dollar anymore. Many large countries have already taken steps by signing agreements with China and the oil-producing countries in the ME to use their own currencies in business transactions, eliminating their need for our dollars, which have been the global standard for trade since the end of WW2. This is a very big deal, and will harm us in so many ways. All economists agree that our standard of living will drop - they just don't know by how much, and more importantly - how soon!

    As usual, DC parties on, spending more and more money and adding to our debt. It figures....

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    That's exactly what I have been saying. As long as we keep producing more, and getting paid more, inflation doesn't particularly matter.

    Our standard of living is based upon how much we produce.

    Inflation is just an accounting issue.

    The value of money is relative, and it doesn't particularly matter if it takes one dollar or a million dollars to purchase a widget, what maters is how many units of labor we have to exchange for that widget.

    If all of a sudden Obama issued an EO declaring a ten for one dollar split, it would make absolutely no difference at all to our economy.
    I already expanded on this idea you ignored it with your quote so here to go again

    "In fact, the restrictions of the growth of business and competition even in regards to calculating markets and amongst other problems inflation has created can actually be attributed to disrupting the proper competition of markets and would limit the actual growth of technology because people don't search for alternative business methods due to a lack of understanding the calculations of economy. So the technology that could of been created to increase productivity has been slowed down due to the faulty calculations."

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well there probably won't be, debt needs to be decreased but it isn't an imminent catastrophe. Unless something really ****s up, debt is not a major concern.
    I see your point, but if the actual value of the dollar fails it would be immensely catastrophic. I understand that this fate is inevitable of continue to increase the debt. We just don't know how long we can continue before e collapse happens

    I was torn in the air in the polls between ww3 and the debt collapse, in my own opinion the debt issue seems more plausible because the creation of things like the h bomb has initially ended war in he sense we have seen before

  6. #56
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    And the world is catching on, which explains why so many countries around the world are agreeing that our "petro-dollar favored nation" status needs to be eliminated and replaced with a basket of currencies which have a gold backing, which would be used worldwide in place of our dollar. China wants the yuan to be part of that basket, and it is believed they have accumulated 6.000 tons of gold to back it. They are concerned about our $18 trillion, and climbing, debt and they just don't trust our dollar anymore. Many large countries have already taken steps by signing agreements with China and the oil-producing countries in the ME to use their own currencies in business transactions, eliminating their need for our dollars, which have been the global standard for trade since the end of WW2. This is a very big deal, and will harm us in so many ways. All economists agree that our standard of living will drop - they just don't know by how much, and more importantly - how soon!

    As usual, DC parties on, spending more and more money and adding to our debt. It figures....
    If our trade deficit turned to a trade surplus, that would reduce our standard of living by a tad, but it likely wouldn't reduce it as much or as fast as it is increasing. We benefit from our trade deficit, because it allows us to produce less than we consume. but if the trade deficit reversed, it wouldn't be all bad, because it would be a huge job creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    And the world is catching on, which explains why so many countries around the world are agreeing that our "petro-dollar favored nation" status needs to be eliminated and replaced with a basket of currencies which have a gold backing, which would be used worldwide in place of our dollar. China wants the yuan to be part of that basket, and it is believed they have accumulated 6.000 tons of gold to back it. They are concerned about our $18 trillion, and climbing, debt and they just don't trust our dollar anymore. Many large countries have already taken steps by signing agreements with China and the oil-producing countries in the ME to use their own currencies in business transactions, eliminating their need for our dollars, which have been the global standard for trade since the end of WW2. This is a very big deal, and will harm us in so many ways. All economists agree that our standard of living will drop - they just don't know by how much, and more importantly - how soon!

    As usual, DC parties on, spending more and more money and adding to our debt. It figures....
    Right now most currencies are based on fiat, the actual fiat based in the IMF. Basically the mid has reserved more American dollars then anything, so if our dollar fails so does the Chinese yuan and everything else that practices with the IMF.

    People are actually very worried about the economy of china because they are basically doing the exact same thing we are with the increased inflation etc. etc. the issue is that most countries don't want to sign a deal for competing currencies but they actually want to sign a deal for a global currency to replace the dollar. We can't allow this to happen because the fact that currencies are competing is he only thing to keep a monetary banking market to have a small aspect of a market as opposed to being monopolized. I think the next few years are going to be very interesting

  8. #58
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,197

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    I see your point, but if the actual value of the dollar fails it would be immensely catastrophic. I understand that this fate is inevitable of continue to increase the debt. We just don't know how long we can continue before e collapse happens

    I was torn in the air in the polls between ww3 and the debt collapse, in my own opinion the debt issue seems more plausible because the creation of things like the h bomb has initially ended war in he sense we have seen before
    That is not likely to happen, like I said before unless what economists call a major **** up occurs, the debt is relatively stable.

  9. #59
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    I see your point, but if the actual value of the dollar fails...
    I assume that you mean if the value of the dollar compared to other currencies collapses.

    If that happened, it would simply reverse our trade deficit, and this would be a huge job creator in the US.

    If you are suggesting that if the dollar loses purchasing power within the US (like at Walmart), then that's no difference than what has been happening for the past 100 years. It would make no difference to us, as workers would simply get paid more dollars per hour, and thus could afford to spend more dollars per widget.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    That is not likely to happen, like I said before unless what economists call a major **** up occurs, the debt is relatively stable.
    It's already happening. Right now most nations are in competition for who can devalue the currency he quickest

    The BRICS Bank Signals the End of the American Financial Empire and U.S. Dollar Hegemony*|*Dr. Nasser H. Saidi

    Brics are going to slowly take over the worlds supplies of reserves so it's happening we just don't know how long

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •