View Poll Results: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will financially collapse

    10 18.87%
  • It will financially develop

    12 22.64%
  • a more conservative policy will dominate the country

    7 13.21%
  • a more socialistic movement will influence the country

    14 26.42%
  • It will go into world war 3

    5 9.43%
  • l dont know

    12 22.64%
  • political polarizations will cause many of these

    11 20.75%
  • other

    21 39.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 194

Thread: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

  1. #151
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The question is, for how much longer?



    'til it comes to a screeching halt and everything falls off of the shelves in one massive jumble that all of the king's horses and all of the king's men will never unravel.

    I hope that I don't live to see that day.

  2. #152
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    a "cold' civil war and eventual forced exit of states.
    Why?

    Do people in North Carolina really hate people in South Carolina that much?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #153
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Why?

    Do people in North Carolina really hate people in South Carolina that much?

    i don't know, but the hardcore TP RSS fringe definitely hates the "libs" and the "socialism" that much.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Semantics.

    My father worked in GE audit staff, one of the most prestigious programs dealing with economics/finance in the world and then traveled all across the world dealing with multi-million dollar deals. He's also an investor (of course).

    Are you going to say he has no clue about economics because quite frankly, he says "U.S. dollar" as well.

    Quit the semantics, only a fool will play that card.
    Before you accuse me of being a fool I would advise you to read our previous debate and the posts it entails

    Your right it's called throughout pop culture and economists and everyone uses the term u.s. Dollar, however I was trying to make a point that it's an actuality a federal reserve note to try to show him that it's not a currency we as the people have created it's a currency private bankers have monopolized.

    This needs to be understood and is a direct relation to the rest of my statement in response to this. I would advise you to read our whole argument before throwing out name calling accusations because it's seriously unintelligent and against the actual nature of a proper debate. All it is is that you see my leaning you jump into a partisanship insult to try to destroy my credibility when you have no real valid point to add to the debate

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    That's a semantic argument that means nothing, and only evidences that you have bought into some sort of tea party conspiracy story. Our money is our money, there is no difference between the federal reserve note and the US dollar. They are one and the same.
    Ok what does inflation do and how does the federal reserve controlled dollar supply introduce inflation and deflation?

  6. #156
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    i don't know, but the hardcore TP RSS fringe definitely hates the "libs" and the "socialism" that much.
    Sure. I have a tea party friend who talks about succession all of the time. He somehow thinks that government represents tyranny, and that tyranny by the state is somehow less tyrannical than tyranny by the federal government (although I disagree with that).

    The problem is that we have extremist in every state and in every part of the country. Somehow I can't see all the extremists migrating to the same parts of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #157
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    ...

    Your right it's called throughout pop culture and economists and everyone uses the term u.s. Dollar, however I was trying to make a point that it's an actuality a federal reserve note to try to show him that it's not a currency we as the people have created it's a currency private bankers have monopolized. ...
    You do realize that the federal reserve was established by our government and reports to our government and is part of our government, and was given the authority to manage our monetary policy by the government don't you? It can also be dissolved or modified by our government.

    I have plenty of issues with the fed, and I don't even believe that a separate fed is the best way to manage monetary policy, but it's not this evil partnership between rich bankers and Dr. Evil that you make it out to be. That's just tea party myth.

    The dollar and the fed reserve note are the same thing. It is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #158
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I would beg to differ.

    I believe our future is hinged upon our attractiveness to people around the world. IOW, do people want to immigrate here or not?

    .
    Immigration really isn't the problem. It's how we are as a nation. What our standards are. Whether or not we demand excellence of ourselves. How self-indulgent we become. We are no longer a great nation. We may become one once again, at some point down the road, but we are a mere shadow of our former selves. We have become soft, lazy, and complacent.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #159
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Ok what does inflation do and how does the federal reserve controlled dollar supply introduce inflation and deflation?
    I suspect that you know the answers to those questions already. So what's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  10. #160
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: What do you think the future of the USA will be like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Immigration really isn't the problem. It's how we are as a nation. What our standards are. Whether or not we demand excellence of ourselves. How self-indulgent we become. We are no longer a great nation. We may become one once again, at some point down the road, but we are a mere shadow of our former selves. We have become soft, lazy, and complacent.
    Yea, we should go back to whipping people, and when they get old and useless we should destroy them with a hammer and toss their bodies into a pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •