View Poll Results: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely not -- part of her family denies it.

    7 7.14%
  • Absolutely -- part of her family says it's true.

    1 1.02%
  • How the hell would I know?

    29 29.59%
  • I don't see why this is so unbelievable.

    7 7.14%
  • Who cares?

    64 65.31%
  • No, seriously, this is the least important issue in the history of anything ever.

    35 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 452

Thread: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Pretty cut and dried. Have at it.
    I don't know and I really don't care. If she isn't and used being part Indian to get her into college, perhaps if she runs for higher office that will surely come out. But as a senator from MASS, the people from MASS don't care one way or the other, why should someone from Georgia or someplace else other than MASS give a hoot?
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You can cry about the source for just about everything....so just screaming "They may be lieing" doesn't really do much if you don't specific how and why you're suggesting it. Sure, they could lie...they could also be space aliens. Who knows! Do you have some indication as to why some of the information may be wrong?

    Here's a more thorough article on the matter (WAPO Fact Checker).
    Another one that missed the biggest word of my first post. The word IF.

  3. #73
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Scott Brown tried to win the election on being Scott Brown, not the issue of her Native American ancestry or not.

    That said, he did hit her with it a few times, in an ad and in a debate. Sorry, but that's politics. If she can't handle it, she needs to find another vocation.
    Or just tell the truth, or not claim she is a minority when she is clearly white

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    She listed her self as a minority in a directory, at best in hopes to "network" with other professionals like her (which based on the WAPO fact checker right up is mildly questionable) and at worst as a means of making her look more diserable to employers. She also proved valuable to at least one employer by being able to be promoted as a minority faculty member based on her claim.

    Those are professional benefits, even going with the "best case" up top (forming networking relationships with others in your field is a professional benefit).

    It's not unreasonable for someone to care if someone "lied" with the intent to gain professional benefits, or without said intent but ultimately still gaining said benefits.

    "Caring" if she lied isn't some crazy notion. It's rather par for the course with how people look at politicians.

    Definitively suggesting she DID lie...that's an entirely different situation. While there may be questions regarding the legitimacy of her claim, there seems to be very little evidence to suggest that her claims of being native american were made in a way that was purposefully to mislead or to suggest that she didn't personally believe that she is native american.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She's not a Conservative.
    Then why'd you bring up the hypothetical about her being one? Why was it perfectly fine for you to muse how one set of people would act if she was consrevative, but you've got some kind of issue with me making a similar musing about a different set of people?

    I've pointed out Warren lieing about being an indian, in order to fraudulently receive preferential treatment as a minority, to point out her lack a credibility.
    Really? I've not seen you say any such thing in this thread till just now. Glad you finally take a stance. So exactly what evidence do you have that Warren:

    1. actively lied about being an indian
    2. that she did it "in order to fraudulently recieve preferential treatment"

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Another one that missed the biggest word of my first post. The word IF.
    I wasn't responding to your first post. That's why I didn't quote that first post. That's why I didn't post anything related to your assertion in your first post. Nothing about my post had anything to do with your first post.

    My post had to do with the one I quoted. Here, I'll link it for you

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Because they would never lie when pushed.
    There's no "if" there. If there is, please highlight it for me and show me where I'm wrong.

    My post had nothing to do with your first post. My post quoted your second post, where you were attacking the source...and commented on the piss poor argument that attacking the source was based on the manner you did it.

  7. #77
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What evidence do you or for that matter Scott Brown have that she lied?
    Because even by her own explanation that is not what Native American is.

  8. #78
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No, the definition of Native American is not just ancestry, but also tribal membership for many tribes.
    I'll give you this. You're the one person in this thread thus far that I can say with absolutely certainty has and likely will remain incredibly consistent on this type of thing regardless of the circumstance.

  9. #79
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Then why'd you bring up the hypothetical about her being one? Why was it perfectly fine for you to muse how one set of people would act if she was consrevative, but you've got some kind of issue with me making a similar musing about a different set of people?



    Really? I've not seen you say any such thing in this thread till just now. Glad you finally take a stance. So exactly what evidence do you have that Warren:

    1. actively lied about being an indian
    2. that she did it "in order to fraudulently recieve preferential treatment"
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09...n-put-to-rest/

    She lied, not surprising. Libs are awful people

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If she got financial benefit from her claim, yet cannot back up her claim. She should be compelled to pay it back.
    For those that wont read.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •