View Poll Results: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely not -- part of her family denies it.

    7 7.14%
  • Absolutely -- part of her family says it's true.

    1 1.02%
  • How the hell would I know?

    29 29.59%
  • I don't see why this is so unbelievable.

    7 7.14%
  • Who cares?

    64 65.31%
  • No, seriously, this is the least important issue in the history of anything ever.

    35 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 452

Thread: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

  1. #51
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,924

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Please link to the thread where I "enlightened everybody about her 'crazy eyes'".

    I don't have apathy towards her, and never "feigned" to have it. My posts on her have been about specific disagreements with her rhetoric having nothing to do with her ancestry. Including right here in this thread as well as the one where you all are arguing about her ancestry, and I haven't commented on her ancestry. I don't care about her ancestry. I care when people actually think she's trying to "help the little guy".

    You need to pay better attention to my posts so you don't mischaracterize them in the future.
    Sorry, you want to enlighten us that she looks nuts (my bad), which is right in line with your odd fascination with the good Senator.

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,936

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    You keep posting this link, as if you don't realize that it doesn't counter what cpwill is asking.

    First, it doesn't actually address the legitimacy of her claim of being native american at all.

    Second, while snopes concludes "So while Sen. Elizabeth Warren has claimed Native American heritage, it does not appear she used her ethnic background for career advancement purposes to any significant degree", that's not exactly countering cpwill's claims.

    From Snopes article....a piece you understandably decided to trim...talks about how the AALS was used as a "tip sheet" for administrators looking for minority faculty members:

    In the old days before the Internet, you'd pull out the AALS directory and look up people," he said. "There are schools that, if they were looking for a minority faculty member, would go to that list and might say, 'I didn't know Elizabeth Warren was a minority.'"
    She says she wasn't applying for things, she was "recruited". Said school administrators doing such recruiting has access to that directory, which she acknowledged she identified herself as a minority. She claims she added herself to said list because she wanted to network with other people "like her". However, unless we're saying it's entirely unreasonable for someone to disbelieve what a politician claims in response to a "scandal", it's not absolutely unreasonable for someone to believe the reason she added herself to said list was because said list was used by administrators when looking for potential candidates to "recruit" and her status as a minority could assist in such a case.

    Whether she did it for that reason or not is completely unknown. She claims she didn't. If you're someone to take politicians claims to be absolute truth unless there's legitimate evidence otherwise, then that should end it. If you're someone distrusting of politicians responses regarding a scandal, it's reasonable to think that such a reason is a possability.

    Now it's quite possible to disagree with cpwill's premise, that if she lied she did it "seeking racial advantage". You could even easily suggest that whether or not she lied is irrelevant, because she could have lied and STILL not necessarily lied because she was "seeking racial advantage". However your snopes article doesn't really do that at all, which is why it's curious that you keep reposting it over and over again.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Because they would never lie when pushed.

  4. #54
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Sorry, you want to enlighten us that she looks nuts (my bad), which is right in line with your odd fascination with the good Senator.
    Odd fascination with a person being touted as a "front runner", whom I disagree with from a policy perspective. Okay. I guess I should just worry more about who thinks she's a Native American or not, and start polls on that. That's a much more important fact.

    And I don't "enlighten" people with my opinion on a bad photograph, which is what that was that I commented on, now that you stated it correctly. Weird that you actually remember it. Very weird. Who has the Warren obsession? You do, unless you make it a habit to memorize all of my posts.

    Happy Friday!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,936

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can bet your ass that if she was a Conservative they would care.
    Just like you could bet your ass off if she was Conservative a bunch of folks in this thread who do care would suddenly be piping up with "what does it matter".

    It's kind of easy to cast stones towards the other side when you haven't even stepped up enough to give your own answer to the threads question.

  6. #56
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,924

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Because they would never lie when pushed.
    Brown said that Warren “checked the box claiming she was Native American” when she applied to Harvard and Penn, suggesting the Democratic candidate somehow gained an unfair advantage because of an iffy ethnic background. But there is no proof that she ever marked a form to tell the schools about her heritage, nor is there any public evidence that the universities knew about her lineage before hiring her.
    The Fact Checker expects accusers to satisfy the burden of proof for their charges. That was the case when Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney tried to avoid taxes with offshore accounts. We awarded four Pinocchios to Reid because the senator lacked conclusive evidence — or much evidence at all, for that matter. We’ve also knocked the Obama campaign repeatedly for jumping to unwarranted conclusions about Mitt Romney’s record at Bain Capital.

    The outstanding questions about Warren’s directory listing — and her relying on family lore rather than official documentation to make an ethnic claim — certainly raise serious concerns about Warren’s judgment. But in the debate, the Republican incumbent conflated conjecture and sketchy information to make a claim not supported by the available evidence, and so he earns Two Pinocchios.
    Did Elizabeth Warren check the Native American box when she ‘applied’ to Harvard and Penn? - The Washington Post

    You guys are intent on making this the next great Birther idiocy.

  7. #57
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,924

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Odd fascination with a person being touted as a "front runner", whom I disagree with from a policy perspective. Okay. I guess I should just worry more about who thinks she's a Native American or not, and start polls on that. That's a much more important fact.

    And I don't "enlighten" people with my opinion on a bad photograph, which is what that was that I commented on, now that you stated it correctly. Weird that you actually remember it. Very weird. Who has the Warren obsession? You do, unless you make it a habit to memorize all of my posts.

    Happy Friday!
    Interesting that you aren't aware of your fascination with Warren. Without your even knowing it you launched yourself to the status of "that poster who's obsessed with Elizabeth Warren." Now you know, and next time before clicking respond in the next Warren thread you'll think, "Huh, Cardinal was right -- I do seem to have a weird thing for Warren. What's that all about?"

  8. #58
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,924

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Just like you could bet your ass off if she was Conservative a bunch of folks in this thread who do care would suddenly be piping up with "what does it matter".
    And I would be one of them.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Guess you DIDNT read my post on this. I said "IF". But read it as you like.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,936

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Because they would never lie when pushed.
    You can cry about the source for just about everything....so just screaming "They may be lieing" doesn't really do much if you don't specific how and why you're suggesting it. Sure, they could lie...they could also be space aliens. Who knows! Do you have some indication as to why some of the information may be wrong?

    Here's a more thorough article on the matter (WAPO Fact Checker).

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •