View Poll Results: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely not -- part of her family denies it.

    7 7.14%
  • Absolutely -- part of her family says it's true.

    1 1.02%
  • How the hell would I know?

    29 29.59%
  • I don't see why this is so unbelievable.

    7 7.14%
  • Who cares?

    64 65.31%
  • No, seriously, this is the least important issue in the history of anything ever.

    35 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 452

Thread: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

  1. #31
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    I find the breakdown of this thread interesting.

    Those who might be inclined to vote for her:

    Those who would never ever vote for her:

    Pretty predictable, if you think about it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #32
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I know, I was just being hyperbolic. He couldn't beat Elizabeth Warren, so he became a carpetbagger in your state and still lost. So he went back to Fox News.

    I am sure she can handle it just fine.
    Not really a carpetbagger. Hillary Clinton was by definition a carpetbagger. Brown was born here.

    I actually think if the election cycle had gone on another 2 weeks, he would have unseated Shaheen. But he also didn't get enough support from the pro-2A people here.

    But back to Warren. I still say "how the hell would I know?"
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    I don't really think much in doubting her or saying she lied; I think this kind of thing is too murky to really nail down.

    HOWEVER...

    The obvious attempts to play dumb by some in this thread make me scrach my head. It doesn't take an ounce of thought to understand WHY some people may give a damn as to whether or not she legitimately is partially native american.

    Her claim of a minority status has been used previously as a means of attempting to promote her or as a means of assisting her competitive resume for entrance into various things. As such, I can completely understand why some people would care, and want to "give a damn", about whether or not she actually is native american....because it potentially speaks to her integrity/naivity/etc.

    Forgive me if the chorus of "who cares", and specifically the "what doe sit matter", rings rather hollow and partisan to me rather than a sincere notion from many folks. That if this was a very right wing person, instead of very left wing person, that the crowd going "I don't care" would suddenly be having more of an issue with the potential lie used to promote ones self (and yes, many of those caring now would likely be answering like many of you..."what doe sit matter"). Considering how often I've seen peoples legitimacy in terms of their claims of native american heritage be called out recently...even in instances where said heritage HASN'T been used as a means of furthering ones education/career...I find it hard to believe that the treatment here would be anywhere near equally blaise.

    I don't think there's anything reasonable enough to absolutely state she isn't, and she claims she is, so for me that's good enough. I understand for others that it's not. But either way...I absolutely can see and understand why some people would find whether or not her claims are corret an important thing.

  4. #34
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I find the breakdown of this thread interesting.

    Those who might be inclined to vote for her:

    Those who would never ever vote for he:

    Pretty predictable, if you think about it.
    I'm not inclined to vote for her. In fact, I would never ever ever vote for her. And I'm in the yawn column. Or rather the "how the hell would I know" column. I have a lot of reasons why I don't like her at all, but this isn't one of them.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #35
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't really think much in doubting her or saying she lied; I think this kind of thing is too murky to really nail down.

    HOWEVER...

    The obvious attempts to play dumb by some in this thread make me scrach my head. It doesn't take an ounce of thought to understand WHY some people may give a damn as to whether or not she legitimately is partially native american.

    There's claims she's, or others, have previously used her claims of minority as a means of attempting to promote her in various ways. As such, I can completely understand why some people would care, and want to "give a damn", about whether or not she actually is native american....because it potentially speaks to her integrity/naivity/etc.

    Forgive me if the chorus of "who cares", and specifically the "what doe sit matter", rings rather hollow and partisan to me rather than a sincere notion from many folks. That if this was a very right wing person, instead of very left wing person, that the crowd going "I don't care" would suddenly be having more of an issue with the potential lie used to promote ones self (and yes, many of those caring now would likely be answering like many of you..."what doe sit matter"). Considering how often I've seen peoples legitimacy in terms of their claims of native american heritage be called out recently...even in instances where said heritage HASN'T been used as a means of furthering ones education/career...I find it hard to believe that the treatment here would be anywhere near equally blaise.

    I don't think there's anything reasonable enough to absolutely state she isn't, and she claims she is, so for me that's good enough. I understand for others that it's not. But either way...I absolutely can see and understand why some people would find whether or not her claims are corret an important thing.
    Bin-go!
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #36
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    She responded with her own ad with the message “Scott Brown can continue attacking my family, but I’m going to keep fighting for yours." and went on to win the election against Brown. I'd say she handled it just fine. In fact she's successfully swatted aside this "scandal" and the discussion has pretty much been relegated to debate forums only.
    You seem awfully anxious to defend her. You even know what she had in her ads? I live here and saw them regularly, and I can't quote her ads verbatim.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #37
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I dont know if she lied about it, dont know if she is part Native American, etc, and quite honestly dont really care.
    To be clear - it's not that you don't care if she's NA, you don't care if she lied?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie
    I don't know if she lied about it.
    Do you care if she did?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer
    I don't know that she lied,
    But do you care if she did. Is it okay for her to lie about it.

  8. #38
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't really think much in doubting her or saying she lied; I think this kind of thing is too murky to really nail down.

    HOWEVER...

    The obvious attempts to play dumb by some in this thread make me scrach my head. It doesn't take an ounce of thought to understand WHY some people may give a damn as to whether or not she legitimately is partially native american.

    Her claim of a minority status has been used previously as a means of attempting to promote her or as a means of assisting her competitive resume for entrance into various things. As such, I can completely understand why some people would care, and want to "give a damn", about whether or not she actually is native american....because it potentially speaks to her integrity/naivity/etc.

    Forgive me if the chorus of "who cares", and specifically the "what doe sit matter", rings rather hollow and partisan to me rather than a sincere notion from many folks. That if this was a very right wing person, instead of very left wing person, that the crowd going "I don't care" would suddenly be having more of an issue with the potential lie used to promote ones self (and yes, many of those caring now would likely be answering like many of you..."what doe sit matter"). Considering how often I've seen peoples legitimacy in terms of their claims of native american heritage be called out recently...even in instances where said heritage HASN'T been used as a means of furthering ones education/career...I find it hard to believe that the treatment here would be anywhere near equally blaise.

    I don't think there's anything reasonable enough to absolutely state she isn't, and she claims she is, so for me that's good enough. I understand for others that it's not. But either way...I absolutely can see and understand why some people would find whether or not her claims are corret an important thing.
    Playing the "what if" game is weak sauce.

  9. #39
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You seem awfully anxious to defend her. You even know what she had in her ads? I live here and saw them regularly, and I can't quote her ads verbatim.
    That's pretty rich, coming from someone who's drawn to Elizabeth Warren threads like a moth to flame.

    And it's called "google."

  10. #40
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't really think much in doubting her or saying she lied; I think this kind of thing is too murky to really nail down.

    HOWEVER...

    The obvious attempts to play dumb by some in this thread make me scrach my head. It doesn't take an ounce of thought to understand WHY some people may give a damn as to whether or not she legitimately is partially native american.

    Her claim of a minority status has been used previously as a means of attempting to promote her or as a means of assisting her competitive resume for entrance into various things. As such, I can completely understand why some people would care, and want to "give a damn", about whether or not she actually is native american....because it potentially speaks to her integrity/naivity/etc.

    Forgive me if the chorus of "who cares", and specifically the "what doe sit matter", rings rather hollow and partisan to me rather than a sincere notion from many folks. That if this was a very right wing person, instead of very left wing person, that the crowd going "I don't care" would suddenly be having more of an issue with the potential lie used to promote ones self (and yes, many of those caring now would likely be answering like many of you..."what doe sit matter"). Considering how often I've seen peoples legitimacy in terms of their claims of native american heritage be called out recently...even in instances where said heritage HASN'T been used as a means of furthering ones education/career...I find it hard to believe that the treatment here would be anywhere near equally blaise.

    I don't think there's anything reasonable enough to absolutely state she isn't, and she claims she is, so for me that's good enough. I understand for others that it's not. But either way...I absolutely can see and understand why some people would find whether or not her claims are corret an important thing.
    Nicely done. I agree - I don't know what she is or isn't, no idea whether she lied or not, etc., which is why I don't dwell on it (that's the least of her sins in my book if it IS true), but I'm a little surprised at how much it's being dismissed and people who do have a concern about it are being berated for it.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •