View Poll Results: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely not -- part of her family denies it.

    7 7.14%
  • Absolutely -- part of her family says it's true.

    1 1.02%
  • How the hell would I know?

    29 29.59%
  • I don't see why this is so unbelievable.

    7 7.14%
  • Who cares?

    64 65.31%
  • No, seriously, this is the least important issue in the history of anything ever.

    35 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 452

Thread: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

  1. #381
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,315

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's a fascinating claim. Can you demonstrate it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Hatuey has made some incredibly insightful posts on this board, and I have said as much when he does it. He's usually very astute, even when I disagree with his politics. But he's so off the rails on this it's concerning. I don't ever recall anyone saying that the reason a woman takes her husband's last name when she marries him is to distance herself from her own ethnicity.

    However, he just keeps at it. It would be funny if it wasn't downright weird.
    Maybe I should start several pages back but, well, I'm too lazy.
    Am I to understand someone is trying to equate, analogize, draw a parallel, whatever, Warren's Cherokee claim with Love's name change by marriage suggesting (subtly) that neither were done for political reasons?
    I sense that the point in that it would be an attempt to defend Liz who needs it while faking a defense of Love who doesn't.

  2. #382
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Maybe I should start several pages back but, well, I'm too lazy.
    Am I to understand someone is trying to equate, analogize, draw a parallel, whatever, Warren's Cherokee claim with Love's name change by marriage suggesting (subtly) that neither were done for political reasons?
    I sense that the point in that it would be an attempt to defend Liz who needs it while faking a defense of Love who doesn't.
    Yes. Hatuey is insisting that Mia Love took her husband's last name (Love) when she married him because she wanted to escape her ethnicity.

    No, I'm not kidding. He's repeated the claim over and over. That's the only reason she did it. It doesn't matter that almost all women who marry do it as well. OH! And her using her nickname of "Mia" instead of her given name of "Ludmya" is also to escape her ethnicity.

    You know, it makes her more white.

    And somehow these nutty claims are supposed to have something to do with Elizabeth Warren. No clue why he thinks that, but he does.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #383
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,315

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes. Hatuey is insisting that Mia Love took her husband's last name (Love) when she married him because she wanted to escape her ethnicity.

    No, I'm not kidding. He's repeated the claim over and over. That's the only reason she did it. It doesn't matter that almost all women who marry do it as well. OH!
    And her using her nickname of "Mia" instead of her given name of "Ludmya" is also to escape her ethnicity.
    You know, it makes her more white.

    And somehow these nutty claims are supposed to have something to do with Elizabeth Warren. No clue why he thinks that, but he does.
    Freaky.

    I just found out they call him Jeb because his name is John Ellis Bush.


  4. #384
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Freaky.

    I just found out they call him Jeb because his name is John Ellis Bush.

    Jeb was obviously trying to distance himself from his ethnicity.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #385
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Who gives a damn? Why does anyone's genetic past mean anything to who or what they are today?
    The LDS church gives a damn. They've built up an entire industry around finding and recording human ancestry. It seems a lot of people like to know about their family history, where they came from and who they might be related to. Knowing ones own family genetic or medical history could also save lives.

  6. #386
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The LDS church gives a damn. They've built up an entire industry around finding and recording human ancestry. It seems a lot of people like to know about their family history, where they came from and who they might be related to. Knowing ones own family genetic or medical history could also save lives.
    But none of that has anything whatsoever to do with Elizabeth Warren, she isn't a Mormon, she isn't researching her ancestry, none of this matters one bit.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #387
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    But none of that has anything whatsoever to do with Elizabeth Warren, she isn't a Mormon, she isn't researching her ancestry, none of this matters one bit.
    Well, you did ask....."Who gives a damn? Why does anyone's genetic past mean anything to who or what they are today?"

  8. #388
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Well, you did ask....."Who gives a damn? Why does anyone's genetic past mean anything to who or what they are today?"
    Because in the context of this thread, it doesn't and nobody ought to care. It won't make Elizabeth Warren a better candidate.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #389
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Still lying Hays? You got called on your lies and then finally admitted you had no proof after posting links to support the claims you made over and over again. It's getting funny watching you weasel your way out of your ridiculous claims.
    Such persistent unpleasantness would be off-putting if it were not for the entertainment value.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #390
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Is Elizabeth Warren part Native American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Such persistent unpleasantness would be off-putting if it were not for the entertainment value.
    Getting snarky? I would too if I'd been caught lying and making it up as I go.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •