View Poll Results: Should The Torture Report be Released Publicly?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 62.16%
  • No

    35 31.53%
  • Not Sure

    7 6.31%
  • Sgt Shultz: I see Nothing, Know Nothing!

    0 0%
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 490

Thread: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure the CIA operates the drone program and they do lots of killing, but they have always denied that they "TORTURED" anyone. I think the chickens are coming home to roost. I think they should all buy hats or they're gonna have the hairy end covered in chicken crap. That'd be those six former directors of which you refer.
    The point is they already have the license to kill.


    John Schindler @20committee

    I know v senior Western intel types who collaborated w/IC on renditions, etc. They are beyond furious today.


    John Schindler @20committee

    Best email so far: "We will not forget this. US(G) betrayed us. We know who is responsible & we will remember." (top NATO intel official).....snip~


    Seems, some of our allies are not to happy.

  2. #462
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,441

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    Beheadings..in Northern Ireland..when did this happen?

    Beheadings in Kosovo??

    Which was carried out by the Jihadists..
    Not Christians..
    Not beheadings literally, but recent examples of Christian religious based violence. In the case of Northern Ireland Christian on Christian.

    You're right not Kosovo. Bosnia. Specifically the "ethnic cleansing" of the early 90s.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  3. #463
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then that's where you stand.....You would let a great many people die! So much for preaching about morality and walking in that good light.

    What evidence? A one sided report that doesn't have any recommendation nor does it change any policy? Then theDemos have a failed Dept of Justice investigation who went a whole lot farther than this report did.

    Here is what the Demos got.....Nothing!

    Well one thing.....the backlash coming their way.
    LOL....I love your little game playing. Its like the old addage about the railroad worker who notices that a switch is out and he has to rush down to the tracks in order to manually pull the switch or else the train will crash killing hundreds on the train. As he makes it to the switch the train is coming, he pulls the switch and as he does he notices that his 4 year old son has followed him to the tracks and is standing on the tracks as the train is approaching. He can jump and save his son, in which case the train crashes killing all on board. What does the guy do?

    If he saves his son, you decry him as being a bad father for not saving his son. If he saves his son, you decry him as being immoral because he let hundreds die to save one.

    See the game that you are playing?

    The reality is....selling the soul of this country to save lives is not worth the price and likely would result in more dead than standing true to the values and principles that makes America great.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #464
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I'm more repulsed that thousands more Americans died fighting a pointless war for a country that had already decided to abandon its morals.
    Typical left wing non-answer.

  5. #465
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    The policy if systematic torture by the US was the worst and most outrageous mistake America made since 1945.

    It is a disgrace for the country and massively damaged US and Western interests. As citizen of a NATO country and US ally, I feel deeply ashamed for these US policies.

    Even the least bit about it must be made public, and those who broke law -- both US law, but especially also international human right standards the US too have signed and rhetorically claim to uphold on the world stage -- must be brought on trial and find punishment for their deeds.

    Nobody who supports these policies has the slightest right to use the words "freedom", "democracy" or "justice" in the same sentence, because it is obvious that he or she does not have even the slightest idea what they mean.
    Under the law that existed at the time, the enhanced interrogations did not fit the legal definition of torture. Some of the senate report is outright laughable. One of the methods of torture listed was "forcing the terrorists to listen to loud rock music"

  6. #466
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' German Guy. So are you saying you would not torture a terrorist in order to save a multitude of people?
    Exactly. Everyone has a breaking point. I would bet that most of those who are outraged over the enhanced interrogations would have a change of heart if it were their own loved ones whose lives would be potentially saved. Then their narrative would be: "Whatever it takes".

  7. #467
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    First of all the premise of your question is extremely flawed. There is no evidence that torturing a terrorist saves any lives. In fact, most of the evidence shows exactly the opposite. That being said....if I am going to play along with your little game the answer would still be no. I would not mortgage the integrity of this nation to save lives. When you lower your standards to the level of your enemies, you are no better than them and any "victory" becomes a rather shallow one.
    You mean those enemies that behead men, women, and children? crash airliners into skyscrapers, and set off suicide bombs? You are equating that with limited use of waterboarding?

  8. #468
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Exactly. Everyone has a breaking point. I would bet that most of those who are outraged over the enhanced interrogations would have a change of heart if it were their own loved ones whose lives would be potentially saved. Then their narrative would be: "Whatever it takes".
    but that is the point
    according to the torture report, NO actionable intelligence was gathered as a result of our torturous actions
    none of our troops benefitted from the violation of the Geneva conventions

    but now, when our troops are subjected to such treatment by an enemy what can we, as a nation, say in objection to their actions
    and what do you say to the family of those Americans who would be subjected to torture like that we doled out
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #469
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    As I have already said twice....I would not sell the integrity and morality of this country out to save lives. I'm sorry that people will die, but saving their lives at the expense of destroying the country is too high a price to pay.

    Oh...and sorry....but a few self-serving statements from people who want to justify their actions stands counter to the vast amount of evidence that dispute the claim that torturing people saves lives.
    What if the lives being saved included your own loved ones? Would you make an exception?

  10. #470
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but that is the point
    according to the torture report, NO actionable intelligence was gathered as a result of our torturous actions
    none of our troops benefitted from the violation of the Geneva conventions

    but now, when our troops are subjected to such treatment by an enemy what can we, as a nation, say in objection to their actions
    and what do you say to the family of those Americans who would be subjected to tortrere like that we doled out
    That report was put together by democrats with a preconceived purpose and preconceived conclusions. It did not include the top CIA leadership's input or rebuttals. And it loses credibility merely with the false conclusion that no actionable intelligence resulted from the enhanced interrogations.

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •