View Poll Results: Should The Torture Report be Released Publicly?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 62.16%
  • No

    35 31.53%
  • Not Sure

    7 6.31%
  • Sgt Shultz: I see Nothing, Know Nothing!

    0 0%
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 490

Thread: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

  1. #271
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Diane Feinstein and the Democrats are releasing the Torture Report this week, they are saying. They meaning the Demos, Feinstein, and the MS Media.

    Foreign governments and U.S. intelligence agencies are predicting that the release of a Senate report examining the use of torture by the CIA will cause "violence and deaths" abroad. BO is backing the release of this report. Since he came out and stated we tortured some folks. Then other countries Intel services stated this will cause more violence and death to take place. This was all reported back to BO. Yet he and the Democrats are all for it.

    The Republicans are disputing this report and will come out with their own report. Feinstein said she would go ahead with the release. Even after Kerry asked her to hold off with the timing.

    What say ye?
    Hard to control the government if they keep everything secret. Things need to be open. Not that this report will be honest, likely not. But I think the real fear isn't from increased attack, but from pissing off The People even more.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #272
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I've been waterboarded and a few other interrogation techniques, as were all guys that would be potentially put in that position to understand what it felt like and how to not let it break you. Now... it was not fun, but it was not torcher either.

    This is nothing but a political attack on the GOP and BW Bush. Nothing more than that.

    And by doing so, the Democrats in the Senate are putting our military, our civilians overseas, and even civilians here at home in grave danger.

    This is as close to treason as I have seen in my lifetime done by any politician in any political party. If they think this will garner them power or prestige, they are mistaken. If they think this will garner support from the military, they are grossly mistaken. If they think that this will help them politically at home, they are mentally unbalanced. And, if they think this will help us overseas in our war against terrorism and provide protection from further attacks... well...

    IF this report is released, charges should be brought against those that do. Just like they are wanting to do to Edward Snowden. Because this is worse. These Senators took an oath to protect and defend, not attack and endanger.
    So you'd be perfectly fine with terrorists using the exact same techniques on American troops? Even if said soldier was a member of your family? Heck it's not torture--as you say--so no big whoop, right?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  3. #273
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    "A lot of prisoners died form torture and I'm sure this report finally acknowledges that fact", this appears to be assuming facts not in evidence.

    Which person or persons died from enhanced interrogation while in US custody?
    That information should be known in a fully disclosed report, no? Another good reason for releasing a full non-redacted report.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Reaction to the Senate interrogation report going about as expected: ‘May Allaah destroy these filthy bastards’.....

    Fantastic. Exit note, the Guardian also credits @ShamiWitness as playing a role helping ISIS recruit foreign fighters:

    The most influential tweeter for foreign fighters was named as Shami Witness, a social media operator whose popularity has swollen in tandem with the territorial expansion of Isis, from 4,700 to 11,900 followers since April. It is an increase that some experts say chimes with his apparent evolution from anti-Assad activist to supporter of Isis, but his political evolution has, says Neumann, implications for western security. “You might have a wannabe foreign fighter sitting at home in Portsmouth and he can simply reach out to Shami Witness. He plays a role linking wannabes with foreign fighters.”

    Over to you, Sen. Feinstein.....snip~

    Reaction to the Senate interrogation report going about as expected: ‘May Allaah destroy these filthy bastards’ | Twitchy

  5. #275
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,915
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    That information should be known in a fully disclosed report, no? Another good reason for releasing a full non-redacted report.
    No. I seriously doubt that any detainees died because of enhanced interrogation while in US custody.

    Of course, that doesn't speak to any of the deaths that occurred while in custody of any other nations.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  6. #276
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    One of the last Leftist's final attempts to throw the Right under the bus.


    The right threw itself under the bus when it decided to abandon American and international principals and engage in the torture of a lot of people, some of whom were guilty of nothing.

    I continue to believe that eventually some of those torturers will pay for their crimes.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Hard to control the government if they keep everything secret. Things need to be open. Not that this report will be honest, likely not. But I think the real fear isn't from increased attack, but from pissing off The People even more.
    Heya Ikari. I don't think to many of the people were even focused on this with all the protests taking place. This is all about going after the CIA which BO and his team has been shining that Bad light down on them ever since Benghazi and the CIA blaming the State Dept. Which State was doing work for BO, and some that they shouldn't have been.

    This report could have been dealt with in several ways. Which would give overcite. Without the Public needing to know any specific details. Yet still being told what came from the findings.

  8. #278
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Diane Feinstein and the Democrats are releasing the Torture Report this week, they are saying. They meaning the Demos, Feinstein, and the MS Media.

    Foreign governments and U.S. intelligence agencies are predicting that the release of a Senate report examining the use of torture by the CIA will cause "violence and deaths" abroad. BO is backing the release of this report. Since he came out and stated we tortured some folks. Then other countries Intel services stated this will cause more violence and death to take place. This was all reported back to BO. Yet he and the Democrats are all for it.

    The Republicans are disputing this report and will come out with their own report. Feinstein said she would go ahead with the release. Even after Kerry asked her to hold off with the timing.
    What say ye?


    Anytime a group of people is afraid of what will happen if everyone knows what they did they probably shouldn't have done what they did.

    Does anyone think that any of them have learned anything from this?

    I don't and what's more I believe that some of them would do the same things again.
    Which is a darn good reason to put them on trial.

  9. #279
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,352

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Reaction to the Senate interrogation report going about as expected: ‘May Allaah destroy these filthy bastards’.....

    Fantastic. Exit note, the Guardian also credits @ShamiWitness as playing a role helping ISIS recruit foreign fighters:

    The most influential tweeter for foreign fighters was named as Shami Witness, a social media operator whose popularity has swollen in tandem with the territorial expansion of Isis, from 4,700 to 11,900 followers since April. It is an increase that some experts say chimes with his apparent evolution from anti-Assad activist to supporter of Isis, but his political evolution has, says Neumann, implications for western security. “You might have a wannabe foreign fighter sitting at home in Portsmouth and he can simply reach out to Shami Witness. He plays a role linking wannabes with foreign fighters.”

    Over to you, Sen. Feinstein.....snip~

    Reaction to the Senate interrogation report going about as expected: ‘May Allaah destroy these filthy bastards’ | Twitchy
    Like that shouted reply wasn't orchestrated! I would have been disappointed if it hadn't been - this is so dramatically important, you know, even though it's been years since it was discontinued! And it isn't going to absolve Gruber of anything he said.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,494

    Re: Should the Report on Torture Be Released Publicly?

    Emphatically yes. We - the people - are ultimately responsible for what our government does.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •