View Poll Results: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 46.51%
  • No

    23 53.49%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

  1. #71
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No such intent was stated or implied.
    Had you read the following, I think you would have been understood I never implied "invasion".
    If they allow active encouragement of their citizens to break our laws, they are partially responsible.
    And since they are not doing anything to stem the tide, when the Country itself is against illegal immigration into it's own borders they are far more culpable, and should be held responsible.
    I could not read what was not there. None of that was in the quote I responded to.

    It is my opinion that one cannot hold Mexico responsible unless one views it as an invasion. Otherwise, it's criminal activity and one punishes the criminal, then you can't keep it as simple as you want as you have to prove in court that Mexico is an accomplice to the crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  2. #72
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    It's hard to compare a singular crime to that of an invasion.
    It is also hard to blame anyone for wanting to get out of Mexico. How can a nation that is granting amnesty to folks, that they let in and granted jobs to, blame the nation that they escaped from? The reason for the "invasion" lies only with the US in this case; it is not the responsibility of nations to keep their folks in but it is their responsibility to enforce laws within their borders. Can you honestly say that we are being fair to Mexico by choosing to deport only the "worst of the worst"?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It is also hard to blame anyone for wanting to get out of Mexico. How can a nation that is granting amnesty to folks, that they let in and granted jobs to, blame the nation that they escaped from? The reason for the "invasion" lies only with the US in this case; it is not the responsibility of nations to keep their folks in but it is their responsibility to enforce laws within their borders. Can you honestly say that we are being fair to Mexico by choosing to deport only the "worst of the worst"?
    Mexico is supposedly an ally of ours, yet they know that illegal crossings are occurring, the military themselves have violated our sovereignty, but the crossers are encouraged by the Mexican government (as well other governments) to venture north illegally. But if you want to blame our border defense and absolve Mexico of any responsibility, we need to guard our borders like Israel does: if a person climbs on the border fence that person gets shot to death. I bet Mexico would cry foul, as if we should just tolerate illegal crossers to freely enter. I don't care about their sob stories, as there is no way to verify all of the claims of hardship they might cite. If they want to live someplace safer, the best way of achieving that isn't by becoming a criminal in the process. What's stopping people we really do not want crossing the border to come across? And since the answer to that question is 'Nothing', then Mexico's nonchalance and cavalier attitude about America's national security should be a clear and present indicator that a reevaluation of our relationship is in order.

  4. #74
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Mexico is supposedly an ally of ours, yet they know that illegal crossings are occurring, the military themselves have violated our sovereignty, but the crossers are encouraged by the Mexican government (as well other governments) to venture north illegally. But if you want to blame our border defense and absolve Mexico of any responsibility, we need to guard our borders like Israel does: if a person climbs on the border fence that person gets shot to death. I bet Mexico would cry foul, as if we should just tolerate illegal crossers to freely enter. I don't care about their sob stories, as there is no way to verify all of the claims of hardship they might cite. If they want to live someplace safer, the best way of achieving that isn't by becoming a criminal in the process. What's stopping people we really do not want crossing the border to come across? And since the answer to that question is 'Nothing', then Mexico's nonchalance and cavalier attitude about America's national security should be a clear and present indicator that a reevaluation of our relationship is in order.
    Our border defense is pathetic but it is light years ahead of our interior enforcement. With millions of "illegal" workers, many standing around the home improvement stores waiting for tax free work, it should be a piece of cake to round them up. The estimated 8 million illegal workers result in very few employer arrests or employee deporations.

    Obama holds record for cracking down on employers who hire undocumented workers, says Wasserman Schultz | PolitiFact Florida
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #75
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No one said how was unimportant.
    But "How" is irrelevant to the in-general question.

    The "How" of a "Yes" answer is totally dependent on the answerer's own beliefs.

    Why that is so hard for some folks to understand, is beyond belief.
    Since you don't like my way of holding them responsible, perhaps you have a different suggestion?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #76
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Our border defense is pathetic but it is light years ahead of our interior enforcement. With millions of "illegal" workers, many standing around the home improvement stores waiting for tax free work, it should be a piece of cake to round them up. The estimated 8 million illegal workers result in very few employer arrests or employee deporations.

    Obama holds record for cracking down on employers who hire undocumented workers, says Wasserman Schultz | PolitiFact Florida
    Very few, but for all their bluster, the Repub record isn't any better than the Dems. Not saying that you're stating different, but it remains a fact.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #77
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,692

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    It's quite ironic because when you look at it, a very large reason why Mexico is so messed up, so violent and so corrupt is partially and I really want to emphasize that, partially BECAUSE of the United States.

    The fact of the matter is, is that US Citizens demand for illicit drugs fuels the violence and gave rise to all of these brutal drug barons, who have completely corrupted the Mexican Police Force, army and government and who's minions propagate increasingly brutal crime.

    It's one thing for a country to just be poor, there are plenty of countries with Mexican poverty that DON'T HAVE the kind of violence Mexico does and it's almost entirely fueled by American demand for illicit drugs.

    Many parts of Mexico are hell on Earth and you'd want to escape them too.

    I'm not trying to say that illegal immigration is ok.

    But when you look at it from that perspective, when you look at the fact that American demand for drugs fuels instability in Mexico and creates part of the reason why people would want to cross the border it's pretty ironic the OP would want to "Hold Mexico Accountable".
    Hence a good support for "say no to drugs" and having back and forth public jabs between the United States and Mexico is a good idea. Two birds, one stone, and you don't have to actually do anything about it.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    If Mexico was a normal functioning country I can definitely say it should face all sorts of sanctions because it clearly aids the massive immigration against another countries laws and it does so publicly. That said, Mexico is so far even by its own admission of being a normal country (it's own government recently killed + burned over 40 college students at the whim of a local politician because they were going to protest his wife's speech) that the very idea of Mexico being able to be responsible for anything is laughable. It's a fake country. Over 90% of its elected officials were funded via drug money.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    like shooting fish in a barrel

    OP went offline in about 2 minutes.
    You shot yourself in a barrel?
    iLOL

    Obviously you thought you said something important that needed to be responded to immediately.

    Guess what? Obviously you didn't.
    Nor does my lack of an immediately reply mean anything.
    But dismissing the foolish things you say does.


    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    so you are in line that Middle East countries should hold the USA responsible for crimes and atrocities committed by oil companies and their contractors and our "nation building" in the last half century.
    You just justified the whole terrorism mentality and anti-american sentiment.
    Your failure to focus on the topic is noted.
    Nor have I indicated any such thing. You really shouldn't go around assuming.

    And since what you presented isn't even a valid comparison, it sounds like nothing but delusional thoughts.




    [sarcasm]
    OMG! More than two minutes has passed and she hasn't replied.
    Like OMG! She is off-line to boot.
    Oh my lord, what ever should I do?
    [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Excon; 12-07-14 at 03:21 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #80
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should we be holding Mexico responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Because many words and terms have different meanings and usages and until you identify what use or meaning you are attempting to apply, some just don't know. Sorry we cannot all read your mind instead of only your words. How you define "responsible" may not be the same as someone else.
    You were already answered. That answer applies equally as well to this nonsense you posted in reply.

    Again.
    You do not need to know my beliefs to answer an in-general question.
    If you do not believe they should be, then the only answer is "no".
    If you believe they should be, the only answer is yes.
    The "How" of a "Yes" answer is totally dependent on the answerer's own beliefs.

    Why that is so hard for some folks to understand, is beyond belief.

    What exactly about the repeated above did you fail to understand in your reply basically saying the same damn thing.
    Try understanding what you read next time.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •