View Poll Results: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    14 25.00%
  • No.

    30 53.57%
  • I don't know...

    12 21.43%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80

Thread: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    1. As I said in a previous comment, I think it's commendable that a prosecutor would lay out all the evidence, including exculpatory evidence, so that the time of grand juries and courts isn't wasted first by only hearing half a story and then by having a trial where a conviction is impossible to get. From your words, you seem to feel that getting an indictment at all costs, even if there's no crime, is preferable - I disagree.

    2. I certainly hope, if your assertions are true, that both the officers and the prosecutor were charged because perjury is a serious charge and shouldn't go unchallenged, at least in my view.
    No, I believe that a prosecutor presenting the evidence to a grand jury like he's the defense attorney is absurd and should be investigated. He didn't provide the jury with the whole story; he gave the jury most of the evidence and then spun the evidence to defend Wilson's story - that's the exact opposite of his job.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No prosecutor who wants to stay one would tank a grand jury hearing.
    Especially one of this magnitude.

  3. #53
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I believe that a prosecutor presenting the evidence to a grand jury like he's the defense attorney is absurd and should be investigated. He didn't provide the jury with the whole story; he gave the jury most of the evidence and then spun the evidence to defend Wilson's story - that's the exact opposite of his job.
    Interesting observations from someone who did not analyze the evidence, and was not present at the GJ proceedings.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #54
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,398

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I believe that a prosecutor presenting the evidence to a grand jury like he's the defense attorney is absurd and should be investigated. He didn't provide the jury with the whole story; he gave the jury most of the evidence and then spun the evidence to defend Wilson's story - that's the exact opposite of his job.
    This could be a fair point. What's relevant is not only what evidence he presented, but also which evidence he may NOT have presented. He has broad discretion in choosing, and can easily help frame a case toward his desired outcome, if he wants to.

    Note: Applies to pretty much any case anywhere as a generic point, as well.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Two thoughts.

    1) I have no idea what he did...but I will assume he did not 'throw' it until I see substantial evidence to th contrary.

    and 2) I will be glad when all this Ferguson nonsense is done...it has been galactically overblown, imo (except for the victim, the cop and their loved ones).

    A cop killed someone in America. If the victim is 'black' and the cop is 'white'..everyone freaks out. Almost any other 'race' combination and almost no one gives a sh!t.

    America needs to stop this 'race' obsession.

  6. #56
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I believe that a prosecutor presenting the evidence to a grand jury like he's the defense attorney is absurd and should be investigated. He didn't provide the jury with the whole story; he gave the jury most of the evidence and then spun the evidence to defend Wilson's story - that's the exact opposite of his job.
    again

    look at my previous post

    what testimony wasnt given?

    what evidence wasnt presented?

    he actually presented more do to the notoriety of the case.....and releasing all grand jury documents is very unusual

    maybe blacks need their own police force, and own trial section....you apparently dont like the system we currently have
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  7. #57
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I believe that a prosecutor presenting the evidence to a grand jury like he's the defense attorney is absurd and should be investigated. He didn't provide the jury with the whole story; he gave the jury most of the evidence and then spun the evidence to defend Wilson's story - that's the exact opposite of his job.
    You'll have to provide evidence of your assertions. It's my understanding that the prosecutor didn't present a case - what's your proof that he "spun the evidence to defend Wilson's story"? Secondly, in most cases, a prosecutor is the one who decides whether or not an alleged "crime" should be pursued in the courts and it is the prosecutor who empanels a grand jury to hand down an indictment because he/she believes a crime has been committed and the accused is the perpetrator. That's not what happened here - the prosecutor did not believe a crime had been committed by Officer Wilson, but he was pressured into doing so by the Justice Department and the State - both forms of political pressure attempting to overpower judicial reason.

    And again, your first sentence betrays your bias. You seem to believe that an indictment, no matter how much a sham or a travesty of justice, is the goal of a grand jury proceeding. I believe it's a prosecutor's job to seek the truth as a means of finding justice and sometimes that means no indictment and no show trial just because the ignorant mob wants one.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,257

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Can't have a trial when there is insufficient evidence for a conviction.

    Yup.
    Normally that thing would never even have been presented to a Grand Jury.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,257

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I believe that a prosecutor presenting the evidence to a grand jury like he's the defense attorney is absurd and should be investigated.
    He didn't provide the jury with the whole story; he gave the jury most of the evidence and then spun the evidence to defend Wilson's story
    - that's the exact opposite of his job.
    Who said?

  10. #60
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    ...maybe blacks need their own police force, and own trial section....you apparently dont like the system we currently have
    In my view, what this case proves, is that some blacks need to start accepting the consequences of their own personal actions and start being productive and contributing members of society at large and their own communities more specifically. You just have to listen to Michael Brown's mother explain away her husband's incitement to riot following the grand jury not handing down an indictment. Mr. Head, on a platform before the crowd in front of the government location where the prosecutor announced the grand jury decision, viciously and arrogantly yells over and over to the crowd to "burn this m****r f****r down". What does his wife and Michael Brown's mother have to say about that - "oh, he was just angry and his words meant nothing - it was just words and not actions" - she likewise dismisses her son as a "good boy" who never did anything wrong. And the media props these two violence enablers up as models for blacks in America when the mother is a complete failure at raising a decent son and the step-father should be charged and tried for inciting the violence that visited their community.

    Nothing will ever change or improve in America as it relates to race until the violent segment of black culture and life is eradicated and it will only be eradicated if blacks themselves rise up against it. Michael Brown's parents are representative of the problem and only make matters worse.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •