View Poll Results: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    14 25.00%
  • No.

    30 53.57%
  • I don't know...

    12 21.43%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,735

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    People who don't vote shouldn't complain about who gets elected.
    Except for those who are not eligible to vote. For those who are and choose not to, absolutely.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  2. #32
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,841

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    When even Antonio Scalia calls you out, you have a problem.
    He did not call out the Ferguson prosecutor.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #33
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    you've had what, 24-48 hours to find in that 45 minute clip where Wilson argues Brown fled further than the 30-40 feet Stephanopolous asked about and Wilson seemed to agree with.

    Where's the timestamp where he says how much further he fled?
    Shall I keep waiting for your reply with this info?

    This is again your failure to understand what you heard. As already pointed out, multiple time already

    There is no controversy.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    This is again your failure to understand what you heard. As already pointed out, multiple time already

    There is no controversy.
    This is again your ability to provide what was asked for.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    This is again your ability to provide what was asked for.
    It was already provided.
    You are again showing everybody you are dishonest.

    There is no controversy, just your inability to understand what you hear and read.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It was already provided.
    You are again showing everybody you are dishonest.

    There is no controversy, just your inability to understand what you hear and read.
    provide it again then, must have missed it. simple. a timestamp.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'll ignore the balance of your "unbiased" take on the matter and focus on the bolded part. Can you tell me the process for a prosecutor in the US to indict someone? You seem to be implying that it's a matter of choice on the part of the prosecutor - that's not my understanding of the American system, but then I'm just a Canadian so I could be wrong.
    1. In order to indict someone, the grand jury has to decide that the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor shows probable cause to believe that a crime was committed. While the prosecutor cannot choose the grand jury's decision, he can present the evidence in a way that pushes them to a certain conclusion - either by emphasizing certain witness testimonies, providing evidence that isn't necessary to confuse the jury, withholding some evidence and so on. Because prosecutor's have so much power in this sense, they usually get indictments whenever they want them. That's where the phrase, "you could indict a ham sandwich if you wanted to" comes from.

    In addition, since you seem to know, how many other shootings by police officers in this prosecutor's jurisdiction have taken place over the past 23 years and how many were not presented to a grand jury, because clearly only those not presented to a grand jury can be held as solely the responsibility of this prosecutor, wouldn't you agree?
    2. At least 12 shootings total and 4 shootings in which a grand jury was used. One of those shootings involved a case where the prosecutor in question made untrue statements about witness testimony and a federal investigation later revealed that the officers in the case had lied when they said that the Black men they killed were driving towards them (the reason they gave for shooting them 21 times).

    Ferguson tragedy becoming a farce - The Washington Post
    20,000 sign petitions seeking special prosecutor in Michael Brown shooting : News
    St. Louis prosecutor has faced controversy for decades : News

  8. #38
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    1. In order to indict someone, the grand jury has to decide that the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor shows probable cause to believe that a crime was committed. While the prosecutor cannot choose the grand jury's decision, he can present the evidence in a way that pushes them to a certain conclusion - either by emphasizing certain witness testimonies, providing evidence that isn't necessary to confuse the jury, withholding some evidence and so on. Because prosecutor's have so much power in this sense, they usually get indictments whenever they want them. That's where the phrase, "you could indict a ham sandwich if you wanted to" comes from.



    2. At least 12 shootings total and 4 shootings in which a grand jury was used. One of those shootings involved a case where the prosecutor in question made untrue statements about witness testimony and a federal investigation later revealed that the officers in the case had lied when they said that the Black men they killed were driving towards them (the reason they gave for shooting them 21 times).

    Ferguson tragedy becoming a farce - The Washington Post
    20,000 sign petitions seeking special prosecutor in Michael Brown shooting : News
    St. Louis prosecutor has faced controversy for decades : News
    1. As I said in a previous comment, I think it's commendable that a prosecutor would lay out all the evidence, including exculpatory evidence, so that the time of grand juries and courts isn't wasted first by only hearing half a story and then by having a trial where a conviction is impossible to get. From your words, you seem to feel that getting an indictment at all costs, even if there's no crime, is preferable - I disagree.

    2. I certainly hope, if your assertions are true, that both the officers and the prosecutor were charged because perjury is a serious charge and shouldn't go unchallenged, at least in my view.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #39
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    This is again your ability to provide what was asked for.
    I'm not sure what your issue is, and I probably shouldn't butt in, but the sequence of events seems to be that Brown struggled with Wilson for Wilson's gun, in the car and vicinity of the car at which point the gun fired and Brown was injured. Following that, Brown started to flee and got about 150 feet from Wilson, trailing blood from his injury, and then started back towards Wilson when Wilson ordered him to stop. Brown didn't just stop in his place, 150 feet away, but started to return to where Wilson was and Wilson fired at him and the final, fatal shot happened when Brown was about 35 feet away.

    That may not be your issue, but that's the evidence as I understand it.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Did the prosecutor throw the Darren Wilson grand jury trial?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm not sure what your issue is, and I probably shouldn't butt in, but the sequence of events seems to be that Brown struggled with Wilson for Wilson's gun, in the car and vicinity of the car at which point the gun fired and Brown was injured. Following that, Brown started to flee and got about 150 feet from Wilson, trailing blood from his injury, and then started back towards Wilson when Wilson ordered him to stop. Brown didn't just stop in his place, 150 feet away, but started to return to where Wilson was and Wilson fired at him and the final, fatal shot happened when Brown was about 35 feet away.

    That may not be your issue, but that's the evidence as I understand it.
    the body was found 150 feet from the vehicle.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •