View Poll Results: Does Anyone Care What the Sexual Preference of Others is?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.71%
  • No

    49 70.00%
  • Other

    10 14.29%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 156

Thread: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

  1. #81
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    I voted other.

    By that I mean I really don't care.

    If you want to keep your sexual preference to yourself, I don't care. I'm not such a busy body that it makes any difference at all to me.

    At the same time...

    I don't care if you want to share your sexual preference with me. Or with the group. Or if you want to get in front of a ESPN camera and announce it to the world.

    I'm not so prudish that your discussing your sexual preference is going to make me feel icky.

    Another's sexual preference is completely irrelevant to me in terms of my forming an opinion of that person.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  2. #82
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Nope marry who you wanna marry, and **** who you wanna ****.


  3. #83
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,486

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    The dictonary says that sexual orientation deals with a person's attraction to one sex or the other.

    I'm not attracted to young boys or girls---as you imagine. I like blondes adult females with attractive figures. And I've been married to one for decades.
    Exactly my point. The dictionary definition of any word isn't the be-all and end-all. Just because it doesn't specify anything about age in relation to sexual orientation doesn't mean it isn't a relevant factor. Defining any individual's sexual orientation with a single word is flawed. It doesn't work for you just as it doesn't work for paedophiles.

  4. #84
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Not everybody is willing to throw their Bible in the garbage. Not everybody is willing to call themselves Christians without any justification. Those are the ones speaking out.

    The "Christians" that have discarded the Bible aren't concerned either. Those who think God is an idiot aren't having any problems. I think I am talking about a different sect of Christians.

    I am talking about Christians who believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God.

    Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19 HCSB

    Making disciples means that we should teach people how to be Christians.

    Publicly rebuke those who sin, so that the rest will also be afraid. 1 Timothy 5:20 HCSB

    That verse speaks for itself.

    I wasn't talking about the country club phoneys. I was talking about Christian who love God and love the word of God.

    Christianity must be destroyed or 'gay hate' will continue. The Bible is crystal clear on the subject. It isn't gray at all. Personally I am an atheist but I understand what the Bible says.
    I'm not going to debate theology with you. Debating theology with an atheist usually just turns into a rock throwing competition and I'm not into that.

    What I will say is this. Most Christians that I know are easily brought around to the fact that if they want the gov't doing their bidding (DOMA) then there is another side to that coin. And the other side of that coin is that they've just allowed the gov't to infiltrate into the very place where we shouldn't want them. Our homes. That's just my tiny view of the world and could just be my POV, but it seems to me that I see that POV becoming more and more popular among Christians around the US. DOMA was a HUGE overreach by the GOP and we had a congressional turn over after it happened. Granted, many other issues caused that congressional turnover, but I do believe that issue was a contributor to it.
    Finally, your comment that "Christianity must be destroyed" is the exact opposite but eerily similar view that atheists hate about Christians. Why is it okay for you to say that but then turn around and say it's wrong for some Christians to speak what you consider hate speech against homosexuals? It's a two way street my friend. If you want Christians to be more libertarian about homosexuality, then you need to be about Christianity. If not, you're just as guilty.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #85
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    I get why celebrities do it. They want to control the timing and method of information release. If the paparazzi is the one to release the info you can bet they will do so in the most salacious way possible.
    Great point.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    And being gay isn't just something that happens in the bedroom. I'm a married straight man and anyone watching me and my wife out in public can tell we are a couple, even if we aren't into big PDAs. We hold hands, I place my hand around her waist sometime when we are standing in line, and when we go our separate ways during the day we give each other a quick kiss goodbye.

    Gay celebrities should be able to have that same sort of freedom without being in fear of the media making a spectacle of it.

    Hopefully a day will come when people truly don't give a damn about it. We aren't there yet, though it is certainly improving.
    I agree gay celebrities should be able to do what you're talking about. However, you and your wife don't feel the need to declare yourselves heterosexual prior to doing so correct? That's my beef with it. Your point above is still a good one though.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #86
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I don't care, but it is important for gay/trans people to come out, especially people in the public light. It is important to let others know that they are not alone, that there are other people like them, possibly even people they look up to and admire, and to normalize being LGBT in the culture.
    So why not just go out on a date or something else in the public eye? That's what most heterosexual, celebrity couples do. I just don't get the need for the attention grab first is all.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #87
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    I expected you to agree with me. It's the first step to you acknowledging just a little hypocrisy. My comments were about "normal" people as much as celebrities, since you referred to that too, the point being that indirect references to sexuality are pretty much constant in normal conversation yet people who complain about "hearing everyone's sexuality" never mention that. Isn't it the case that you don't mean everyone's sexuality at all, only the sexuality of a specific subset of people.

    As far as celebrities go, many of them do instigate many of the stories and photos about them to keep themselves in the public eye and that often includes things like creating the impression (often false) of relationships with other celebrities or holding exuberant "private" weddings then selling the pictures to some trashy magazine. Most homosexual celebrities do no more than this themselves and some feel forced to do much less, keeping their private lives completely hidden, especially if they work in fields where homosexuality isn't as accepted.

    Many of the big "coming out" announcements seem to be a statement against this discrimination and so those people can live normal lives without the tabloid trash making (as much of a) big thing if they happen to be photographed at the shops holding hands with a member of the same gender. Some of them are certainly grand self-promotion but how is that any different to things like the weddings I've already mentioned? Also, if nobody cared about celebrities sexualities in the first case, nobody would take any attention of the announcements in the first place. The problem here isn't sexuality, it's celebrity.
    I suggest you read my other comments on this board. You seem to have a very skewed view of my points on this.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    You can believe anything you want. Free country.

    However, although the PC police say otherwise, any male pedophile that rapes a male child is commiting a homosexual act and has an obvious sexual attraction to male boys.
    a child cannot consent. raping a child of either sex is rape, and this is not analogous to homosexual adults who want to marry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    If there was some sort of anger issue, as the PC liberals suggest in pedophillia---then almost all pedophiles would each randomly molest girls and boys during their sexual conquests. However, child rapists are virtually always sexually selective, and 3/4 of the time, it is a heterosexual man raping a girl.
    neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality is analogous to pedophilia because a child cannot consent to sex.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    it seems to me that I see that POV becoming more and more popular among Christians around the US.
    That's what I said. These "Christians" have thrown their Bible into the trash. They aren't having any problems. It's the people who love and respect the Bible who are having trouble coming to terms with this. Those people are throwing a temper tantrum because they want to accept reprobates as harmless but in order to do so they have to throw their Bible in the garbage. They are grappling with which one they want to do. It's not an easy decision. These people are throwing hissy fits because they're life is so conflicting and confusing.

    Love reprobates or love the Bible. Some want to do both. It just can't be done and that is the minority that we are hearing from about the reprobrate issue. The fake Christians have already thrown their Bible in the trash. Those phoneys are sincerely and accepting of reprobates who blatantly hate God. That point of view is becoming more and more popular. Some people are still trying to discard the Bible and haven't been able to do so. Give them a break. They'll come around to the truth that Christianity is a complete hoax.. They just haven't realized it yet. Once they do then you will hear less and less people mention accepting reprobates as an issue.

    The Bible is crystal clear on this issue. Don't you ever pretend that it isn't. That is 100% dishonest. The Bible is very clear on this matter. Very. You'd have to be an **** to miss it or unwilling to read the Bible. You can't openly admit to ignoring God's laws and encourage others to do the same thing. It's against scripture. Sure you can sin but you can't be openly defiant against God. That's not sin. That's rebellion and it is never tolerated in Christianity. Rebellion is considered treason in most nations and is punishable by death. Rebellion in a business is usually grounds for dismissal as well. Rebellion in a non-profit organization will get you removed from the board. Rebellion isn't tolerated in any organization. The God of the Bible thinks that rebellion stinks hard core. He will violently punish those who rebel against His authority. Make no mistake about it. Rebellion against God is forbidden in scripture. Sin is forgivable. Know the difference or ignore the Bible. It's your choice.
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 12-05-14 at 06:40 PM.

  10. #90
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    That's what I said. These "Christians" have thrown their Bible into the trash. They aren't having any problems. It's the people who love and respect the Bible who are having trouble coming to terms with this. Those people are throwing a temper tantrum because they want to accept reprobates as harmless but in order to do so they have to throw their Bible in the garbage. They are grappling with which one they want to do. It's not an easy decision. These people are throwing hissy fits because they're life is so conflicting and confusing.

    Love reprobates or love the Bible. Some want to do both. It just can't be done and that is the minority that we are hearing from about the reprobrate issue. The fake Christians have already thrown their Bible in the trash. Those phoneys are sincerely and accepting of reprobates who blatantly hate God. That point of view is becoming more and more popular. Some people are still trying to discard the Bible and haven't been able to do so. Give them a break. They'll come around to the truth that Christianity is a complete hoax.. They just haven't realized it yet. Once they do then you will hear less and less people mention accepting reprobates as an issue.

    The Bible is crystal clear on this issue. Don't you ever pretend that it isn't. That is 100% dishonest. The Bible is very clear on this matter. Very. You'd have to be an **** to miss it or unwilling to read the Bible. You can't openly admit to ignoring God's laws and encourage others to do the same thing. It's against scripture. Sure you can sin but you can't be openly defiant against God. That's not sin. That's rebellion and it is never tolerated in Christianity. Rebellion is considered treason in most nations and is punishable by death. Rebellion in a business is usually grounds for dismissal as well. Rebellion in a non-profit organization will get you removed from the board. Rebellion isn't tolerated in any organization. The God of the Bible thinks that rebellion stinks hard core. He will violently punish those who rebel against His authority. Make no mistake about it. Rebellion against God is forbidden in scripture. Sin is forgivable. Know the difference or ignore the Bible. It's your choice.
    Rebellion can be any number of things, not just homosexuality. It can be rebellion by repeatedly committing adultery, getting drunk, etc. All of those, by the way, are sins and are forgivable. There is no unforgivable sin no matter how many times you commit it. To say there is one would be a lie. Unlike the "organizations" you speak of, God will always accept someone back no matter how far they fall. That includes homosexuals. We, as Christians, are not meant to be the condemners. We are to continue to love all people, no matter their sin, and hope to have them accept Jesus Christ as their savior.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •