View Poll Results: Does Anyone Care What the Sexual Preference of Others is?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.71%
  • No

    49 70.00%
  • Other

    10 14.29%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 156

Thread: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

  1. #101
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Rebellion can be any number of things, not just homosexuality. It can be rebellion by repeatedly committing adultery, getting drunk, etc. All of those, by the way, are sins and are forgivable. There is no unforgivable sin no matter how many times you commit it. To say there is one would be a lie. Unlike the "organizations" you speak of, God will always accept someone back no matter how far they fall. That includes homosexuals. We, as Christians, are not meant to be the condemners. We are to continue to love all people, no matter their sin, and hope to have them accept Jesus Christ as their savior.
    Although I am not Christian, I think there is much value in your statement. I also believe that doing something over and over isn't really the point, as much as eventually realizing the error, and changing your own life. As for the homosexual issue, that is something that the majority of them have no choice in. It is their nature, and the way they were born. I don't expect a homosexual not to be him or herself, just as I don't expect a heterosexual not to act in accordance with his or her own nature. The things which I believe we should be concerned with, are the things which are choices, and which cause harm to others (theft, lying, cheating, killing, etc). I don't believe that "God" expects us to try and change something which is so heavily innate as sexual preference. If God does expect that, I am perfectly willing to let God and the individual deal with it, and I won't concern myself with it.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I'm not going to debate theology with you.
    Smart move. A Christian should never debate theology with someone who knows more about the Bible. It's a guaranteed loss.

    A lot of atheist have actually read the entire Bible multiple times. That's how they became atheist. This is not true of Christians. They buy a new Bible every year, show it off, put it on a shelf and never read it. You should limit your debate to Christians. They are highly likely to know less than you. That way you will be able to win every single argument.

    Never debate theology with an atheist. They know their stuff.

  3. #103
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Although I am not Christian, I think there is much value in your statement. I also believe that doing something over and over isn't really the point, as much as eventually realizing the error, and changing your own life. As for the homosexual issue, that is something that the majority of them have no choice in. It is their nature, and the way they were born. I don't expect a homosexual not to be him or herself, just as I don't expect a heterosexual not to act in accordance with his or her own nature. The things which I believe we should be concerned with, are the things which are choices, and which cause harm to others (theft, lying, cheating, killing, etc). I don't believe that "God" expects us to try and change something which is so heavily innate as sexual preference. If God does expect that, I am perfectly willing to let God and the individual deal with it, and I won't concern myself with it.
    I love the bolded quote. Best perspective I've heard from someone that isn't a Christian.
    Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger. ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I don't expect a homosexual not to be him or herself, just as I don't expect a heterosexual not to act in accordance with his or her own nature.
    If the average man lived by this standard every single male both heterosexual and homosexual would be in jail for sexual assault. This argument is so weak. Some women have really nice boobies. Some women have really hot buns. Do you really expect heterosexual men to act in accordance with his own nature? If we tolerated this kind of barbaric behavior then women would never leave their houses. Women would be forced to wear chastity belts and iron bras.

    Don't you also notice how little kids are violent with their siblings but are trained to learn this is inappropriate? Imagine how many times the average male would punch someone in the face if he acted on his impulse just because that's who he is.

    We are not a society of barbarians. We do not tolerate people to act on who they are. The reason that we make an exception for homosexuals is because they have fought hard for the right to be given an exception. Otherwise we'd be ignoring the issue altogether. Through organized efforts they have brought this discussion to the forefront.
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 12-05-14 at 08:01 PM.

  5. #105
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Smart move. A Christian should never debate theology with someone who knows more about the Bible. It's a guaranteed loss.

    A lot of atheist have actually read the entire Bible multiple times. That's how they became atheist. This is not true of Christians. They buy a new Bible every year, show it off, put it on a shelf and never read it. You should limit your debate to Christians. They are highly likely to know less than you. That way you will be able to win every single argument.

    Never debate theology with an atheist. They know their stuff.
    But see...you don't. That's the problem. I've already shown that twice my friend. You have twice misrepresented the beliefs of Christians and twice I've proven you wrong. However, if you want to claim victory, it's yours man. I'm not here for a mine's bigger than yours competition. I'm just here for a good honest debate. Misrepresenting the Bible then claiming "victory" isn't good honest debate. It's an escape tactic of someone that realizes that stumbled upon another person they underestimated. Just because my user name says Tea Party in it does not mean I'm a big mouth buffoon who believes all others should believe as me or burn in hell.
    Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger. ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    But see...you don't. That's the problem. I've already shown that twice my friend. You have twice misrepresented the beliefs of Christians and twice I've proven you wrong. However, if you want to claim victory, it's yours man. I'm not here for a mine's bigger than yours competition. I'm just here for a good honest debate. Misrepresenting the Bible then claiming "victory" isn't good honest debate. It's an escape tactic of someone that realizes that stumbled upon another person they underestimated. Just because my user name says Tea Party in it does not mean I'm a big mouth buffoon who believes all others should believe as me or burn in hell.
    You have neither represented or misrepresented the Bible. You have told me what Christians think. We agree on that.

    The Bible is crystal clear on this matter. It's not really too much of a debate. Your Bible says the same thing that mine says. You have probably read the Bible more times than me. You know what it says.

    Btw: I voted 'no' in this poll.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,474

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about everyone's sexual preference. This includes celebrities, athletes, politicians, and even Joe Schmo the regular guy. I dont care and never did. Just live your life and be with who you want to be with. The rest of us dont need to know what is going on in your bedroom. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way.
    But you do realize, don't you, that for right-wing evangelicals, what goes on in our bedrooms IS their business because they've got to protect 'Merica from godless communism....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #108
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    You have neither represented or misrepresented the Bible. You have told me what Christians think. We agree on that.

    The Bible is crystal clear on this matter. It's not really too much of a debate. Your Bible says the same thing that mine says. You have probably read the Bible more times than me. You know what it says.

    Btw: I voted 'no' in this poll.
    Yes, I do know what it says. You saying rebellion can't be forgiven and misrepresenting Timothy 5:20 are your two mistakes so far my friend. I provided examples of why those two things were wrong. Acquiescing to this and moving on would be proper at this point and would allow this line of debate to conclude.
    Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger. ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

  9. #109
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    But you do realize, don't you, that for right-wing evangelicals, what goes on in our bedrooms IS their business because they've got to protect 'Merica from godless communism....
    I didn't know all communists were gay. Please provide links to this breaking news.
    Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger. ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

  10. #110
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,474

    Re: Does Anyone Actually Care What the Sexual Preference is of People Anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I didn't know all communists were gay. Please provide links to this breaking news.
    Didn't say they were, did I? But those on the Left are a whole lot more likely to be tolerant of LGBT's than those on the Right...and we on the Left are everywhere. Just think about that the next time you're showering in the base gym....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •