View Poll Results: Should the driver be charged?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I tend to lean conservative and no the driver should not be charged

    8 16.33%
  • I tend to lean conservative and yes the driver should be charged

    10 20.41%
  • I tend to lean liberal and no the driver should not be charged

    3 6.12%
  • I tend to lean liberal and yes the driver should be charged

    28 57.14%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 198

Thread: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

  1. #31
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The difference is that I don't see the driver's actions in a vacuum as you're demanding everyone does then claim all hysterically that we're ok with people getting run over.



    Oh shove it. You're no victim. I wouldn't expect you to recognize any responsiblity for the way you behaved in that thread having anything to do with the replies you got so I won't waste my time. Had you not gotten so immediately self righteous and incensed you could have seen what people were saying.
    I was and have been clear with my position. You have not.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Perhaps I should have used left/right instead of conservative/liberal?

    Can you look at it that way?
    You can make up to 10 options for a poll, that's Left yes/no for 2, Center/Moderate yes/no for 4, Right yes/no for 6, Independent/Unaffiliated yes/no for 8, "both are guilty" for 9, and "Other" for 10. Then you need to anticipate Libertarians whining that they weren't included in the poll options so in the OP ask Libertarian-Left to vote Left, just Libertarian to vote Center, and Libertarian-Right to vote Right.

    Then you need a better question.
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-01-14 at 01:09 AM.

  3. #33
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You can make up to 10 options for a poll, that's Left yes/no for 2, Center/Moderate yes/no for 4, Right yes/no for 6, Independent/Unaffiliated yes/no for 8, other-opinion for 9, and "this whole topic is stupid" for 10. Then you need to anticipate Libertarians whining that they weren't included in the poll options so in the OP ask Libertarian-Left to vote Left, Libertarian-Center to vote Center, and Libertarian-Right to vote Right.
    No, pbauer was right. I should have not put a lean on it, because people like you would come in and say they are independent. If you are independent, I'm Father Christmas.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #34
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm sorry, between the 30,000 posts directed at me between you and your buddies I didn't get a chance to read something you said to someone else.



    I gave up on intentional because, legally, it doesn't matter. You can have no intent if you are reckless, which he was.
    Good grief, legally it means everything. You're talking about the difference between reckless driving, which is one step above a speeding ticket, and ****ing attempted capital murder (capital for trying to kill multiple people as you believe he did).


    Good luck with that. There are cases where I can see what you mean:



    This guy was clearly being obstructed and was under threat from a large group of people. The video in the OP shows nothing like that.
    To respond to you the way you did others in that other thread;

    OMG you're okayyyyy with SUVs running down motorcycles!!!!!!!

    Why are you suddenly trying to act that you think a person in a car could be threatened by those outside it? Are you trying to sound all reasonable in this thread? In that other thread not once did you acknowledge what the driver could be feeling.

    Stop trying to manufacture reasons to agree with me.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    No, pbauer was right. I should have not put a lean on it, because people like you would come in and say they are independent. If you are independent, I'm Father Christmas.
    Then you're Father Christmas.

  6. #36
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    If you see a car coming at you, are you going to argue about who's right or get out of the way?

    I know what I'd do.

  7. #37
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Good grief, legally it means everything. You're talking about the difference between reckless driving, which is one step above a speeding ticket, and ****ing attempted capital murder (capital for trying to kill multiple people as you believe he did).
    Like I said, one giant straw man. First of all, intent is not everything. If you kill someone with no intent while being reckless, it's still vehicular manslaughter. Just because you didn't mean to kill someone while you were drunk, doesn't mean you weren't at fault. Speaking of that, he has 3 previous DUIs, so it's bound to happen to him eventually anyway.

    To respond to you the way you did others in that other thread;

    OMG you're okayyyyy with SUVs running down motorcycles!!!!!!!

    Why are you suddenly trying to act that you think a person in a car could be threatened by those outside it? Are you trying to sound all reasonable in this thread? In that other thread not once did you acknowledge what the driver could be feeling.

    Stop trying to manufacture reasons to agree with me.
    Great argument. Two videos, X Factor. One shows a group of people surrounding a car and attempting to slow it down to a stop. The other shows a group of people standing there, a guy driving into the middle of them, and then accelerating out of it. Real ****ing comparable. Genius.

    As I said before, I've been clear on my opinions. You haven't. Here are replies I've said directly to you:

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You're right, I don't considering illegally gathering in the street and running your car into a group of people on the same level.
    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I never said that. But driving into them is reckless. That's what I said.

    Do I care if they get ticketed for loitering or protesting without a permit? No. I don't ****ing care. But you can't drive your car into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I get it. I made a mistake so you're going to use it to prop up your weak argument. All apologies on that X Factor.

    It still doesn't change the fact that I would have gone into the left lane where it was clear and not driven into a group of people (which apparently everyone else in the video was figuring out too).
    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You haven't gotten my argument right yet. You keep changing it around to fit whatever world view you have. I'll clear it up for you. I have two main ideas:

    1) That driving a car into a group of people because they are in your way is not okay.
    2) That this is a simple issue/case, and that partisan politics have divided it.

    That's all I've ever said. Oh wait, I forgot one:

    3) That the term "run over" can be used in this context as defined by the dictionary.

    So please, if you want to refer to my argument, get it right.
    You haven't done that. It's basically just been you attacking me, while taking little to no stance yourself. So great job on that. You're a real pro.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Good grief, legally it means everything. You're talking about the difference between reckless driving, which is one step above a speeding ticket, and ****ing attempted capital murder (capital for trying to kill multiple people as you believe he did).




    To respond to you the way you did others in that other thread;

    OMG you're okayyyyy with SUVs running down motorcycles!!!!!!!

    Why are you suddenly trying to act that you think a person in a car could be threatened by those outside it? Are you trying to sound all reasonable in this thread? In that other thread not once did you acknowledge what the driver could be feeling.

    Stop trying to manufacture reasons to agree with me.
    He's just throwing a temper-tantrum because he didn't know what state this happened in and got caught.

  9. #39
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Oh yeah? We had a sad traffic fatality here where an elderly couple got run over by a car. They were in the road where they weren't supposed to be. The driver was not speeding nor intoxicated, they just didn't have the time to avoid the collision. Guess what? No charges (nor should there be).
    Guess what X, that doesn't disprove what I wrote. If the driver had enough time to stop but didn't you can bet he would have been charged.


  10. #40
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    I just noticed that almost every reply to X Factor begins with me pointing out that he misrepresented my stance.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •