View Poll Results: Should the driver be charged?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I tend to lean conservative and no the driver should not be charged

    8 16.33%
  • I tend to lean conservative and yes the driver should be charged

    10 20.41%
  • I tend to lean liberal and no the driver should not be charged

    3 6.12%
  • I tend to lean liberal and yes the driver should be charged

    28 57.14%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 198

Thread: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Thank goodness most people have a more reasonable view about what people are allowed to do and not allowed to do (protesting peacefully allowed, running people down with a car for no reason whatsoever not allowed).
    Who's talking about what should & shouldn't be allowed?

    I'm talking about reason to take a side. When stupid people get together, someone's getting hurt.

    If you don't want to get run over then get out of the street. If you don't want a mob chasing you down then don't drive into a crowd. If you don't want to get shot then don't assult a cop.

  2. #112
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    P
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That post means you didn't watch the video.

    They very clearly spread a blinket on his hood and started climbing onto his car while he was at a very slow crawl well before anyone was knocked down.
    I have actually watch the video repeatedly. I still don't see anybody jumping in front of the car. Especially not the people he hit.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,026

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Who's talking about what should & shouldn't be allowed?

    I'm talking about reason to take a side. When stupid people get together, someone's getting hurt.

    If you don't want to get run over then get out of the street. If you don't want a mob chasing you down then don't drive into a crowd. If you don't want to get shot then don't assult a cop.
    But just because they were protesting they were not stupid people. It is not like they were a bunch of tea party'rs or communists

    If you are occupying a street with dozens upon dozens of people, you are not just getting into the street, you are demonstrating on that street. If your way is blocked by demonstrators, even if they are on the street, then it still does not warrant or make it legal for a driver to drive through them.

    One could say that they demonstrators were exercising their first amendment right to peaceably assemble on that intersection to petition grievances against the government.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    P

    I have actually watch the video repeatedly. I still don't see anybody jumping in front of the car. Especially not the people he hit.
    In fact they jumped onto the car after spreading a blanket on the hood at the very beginning.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But just because they were protesting they were not stupid people.
    When did I say they were not stupid people?

    They were very stupid, by blocking traffic and tempting the inevitable road-rager and for being on the wrong side of the issue to begin with. Very stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    If you are occupying a street with dozens upon dozens of people, you are not just getting into the street, you are demonstrating on that street. If your way is blocked by demonstrators, even if they are on the street, then it still does not warrant or make it legal for a driver to drive through them.
    Speaking against the protesters is not speaking for the driver. I don't defend the driver's actions in the least. The driver deserves to be arrested for some kind of vehicular assault.

    The notion that there has to be a good guy in this is a false dichotomy. There is no good guy here. All parties involved are wrong. The driver for trying to push through the crowd is wrong. The protesters for blocking traffic are wrong. The police Watch Commander for not maintaining order is wrong. The media for using emotive language and sensationalizing a minor nearly dying is wrong. OP for making a poll based on a false comparison is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    One could say that they demonstrators were exercising their first amendment right to peaceably assemble on that intersection to petition grievances against the government.
    Show me their permit from the city to hold that event in that location and I'll agree.
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-02-14 at 05:16 AM.

  6. #116
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In fact they jumped onto the car after spreading a blanket on the hood at the very beginning.
    The people who were on the hood or not the people that got hit.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    The people who were on the hood or not the people that got hit.
    Right, but you said "no one jumped in front of him", and that's not true. There were people who got onto and in front of his car.

  8. #118
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, but you said "no one jumped in front of him", and that's not true. There were people who got onto and in front of his car.
    I will have to watch the video again on a bigger screen. I did not see anybody jump in front of him watching the video on my phone. Jumping on the Hood of the car is not the same as jumping in front of the car

  9. #119
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's funny that you're all huffy with me for conceding that this might be the exact type situation where a jury trial is warranted. Most people tend to respect that kind of thing. I replied that way to Sangha because he wasn't freaking out. You were a hysterical wreck (and still are apparently) so I responded to you differently. Nothing about me saying this might be the exact type situation meant for a jury is inconsistent with with saying I can see why the driver responded the way he did.

    The only thing I could think of why you're all huffy now is that you intended this thread to cast me in some villains role or get people to agree with you that I want to run people over for some reason and it hasn't worked out for you. Suck it up, Buttercup.
    Classic example of X Factor misrepresentation. What am I a hysterical wreck about? Please, cite specific examples of my views that are hysterical. Good luck - it will be tough because you just ****ing made it up. LOL.

    Well, there was one thing I got "huffy" about (okay soccer mom with the word huffy): you, jerry, and a few others arguing that dictionary definitions were not valid. That made me laugh. I got a bit fired up over how bad that argument was.

    But again, please show where I have been hysterical over these events.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #120
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Did you see all those open sidewalks?

    One thing we don't see are cops controling traffic.
    Jerry, it's amazing that you exist as a human and think that's a rational thought.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •