View Poll Results: Should the driver be charged?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I tend to lean conservative and no the driver should not be charged

    8 16.33%
  • I tend to lean conservative and yes the driver should be charged

    10 20.41%
  • I tend to lean liberal and no the driver should not be charged

    3 6.12%
  • I tend to lean liberal and yes the driver should be charged

    28 57.14%
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 198

Thread: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

  1. #91
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Do you apply that logic to all protestors or just those in the OP Bodhi?
    He's mellowing some to suggest tranquilizer darts. Lol.

    It's an interesting question. If the protestors were Tea partiers (of course, they wouldn't block lanes of traffic and/or surround cars) or a pro life rally, it would be interesting to see if that would change anything.

    To be clear, in your case, I truly don't believe that it would make a difference (didn't want you to think I was implying anything about you).
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #92
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,923

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He's mellowing some to suggest tranquilizer darts. Lol.

    It's an interesting question. If the protestors were Tea partiers (of course, they wouldn't block lanes of traffic and/or surround cars) or a pro life rally, it would be interesting to see if that would change anything.

    To be clear, in your case, I truly don't believe that it would make a difference (didn't want you to think I was implying anything about you).
    When conservatives protest don't they stay on the side walk? What is it about liberals that turns them into law breaking assholes hell bent on inconveniencing EVERYBODY as they shout down anybody that disagrees with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,904

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    All protestors who block traffic and inconvenience an entire city... yeah.
    I can support that arrests may be warranted (depending on the situation), but i don't support shooting protestors (unless such force was reasonably necessary to protect yourself or others if they faced imminent harm.) I most certainly do not support it just because someone may be convenienced time wise and have to wait a little longer to get from from A to B).
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  4. #94
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Initially the car comes up really slow. The crowd does not want to let him through and he proceeds anyway. Both sides were aggressive. He doesn't hit anybody until they start attacking his car.
    The car starts pushing against people immediately before any attack on the car is made. If you are operating a motor vehicle and you can avoid hitting a person without endangering another person, it should be your responsibility to do so.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Why is there no option for people who think that nobody was right and the whole thing is just a big bucket of wrong?
    There is never an option for that because everything has to be hyper-partisan and polarized to the point of utter ridiculousness.

  6. #96
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Not sure if this applies in any way, but a personal experience involving similar situations:

    The entrance/exit of my workplace is directly across from a state/city convention center, and on convention days/periods, often there will be high traffic volume AND large groups of people crossing the street (because some of the parking is next to my workplace, also on the opposite side of the street).

    Recently I was turning, got a green arrow, but waited in the middle of the intersection for about 30 people ranging from adults to children to cross the crosswalk. No way I'm going to run them over when I need only wait a few seconds to have a clear path.

    --------------
    Another situation: I was passing through a small town on my way home, and on the shortcut I normally take (narrow 2-lane road with no center markings) was a police cruiser behind a car, lights flashing, with 2 individuals that appeared to be police officers standing in the remainder of the road, looking at the civilian car in question (or the ground, unsure).

    Rather than try to pass through whatever the hell they were doing, I took the slightly longer route home.

    ---------------

    Now, I'm unsure whether this Ferguson incident is similar, since with the number of protests going on, it is entirely possible that the person in the car had already tried 5 different alternate routes to get home and was a tad upset (not an excuse, of course) when this took place.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #97
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,923

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I can support that arrests may be warranted (depending on the situation), but i don't support shooting protestors (unless such force was reasonably necessary to protect yourself or others if they faced imminent harm.) I most certainly do not support it just because someone may be convenienced time wise and have to wait a little longer to get from from A to B).
    These protestors intentionally hurt businesses as well... they are scum. Tranq.ing them is morally justified...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,923

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    The car starts pushing against people immediately before any attack on the car is made. If you are operating a motor vehicle and you can avoid hitting a person without endangering another person, it should be your responsibility to do so.
    Most people move when a car is coming... these people jumped in front of him. He was probably shocked, thinking he could roll slowly and they would move. Instead they used that mistake to attack him. Any idiot that was hit deserved it as it was their own fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #99
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You seriously can't figure out where I stand on this? I bet you're, like, the only one.
    I replied showing you at least 4-5 posts where I laid out my arguments and why I thought what I thought. You did that to me ZERO times. Zero. Not once. You did link me to a post where you told someone else and then bitched at me for not reading it earlier. That's really sad, X Factor.

    It's your entire debate style - not take a major stance or argue your own points, but rather attack who you are arguing with and their points. There is never a counter argument. Please, show me one time in the other thread where you told me you thought the driver could be held responsible and should face a grand jury. We argued for a couple ****ing hours, and at no point did you even mention your own thoughts.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #100
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car vs Protesters - Who was right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is obviously a mis-representation of what he does...
    It's absolutely what he does. Here are his points that I responded to (notice no argument of his own, just nonsense he thinks about me and his made up version of what I think):

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's totally funny how you want to be all hyperbolic about what the driver did but yet completely downplay a crowd illegally gathered in the street as just being "people near your car". :
    At no point did I ever say the crowd was there legally or defend that aspect. I've only said that them being there doesn't give him the right to mow them down.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    And your argument is that people illegally gathered in the street bear no responsibility in anything. Is there anything thing that Ferguson protestors did anywhere that you'd actually join conservatives in criticizing or condemning?

    Didn't think so.
    Same here. Where did I say that you can just walk around in the middle of the street? I didn't. I just said you can't drive through a crowd of people because you think they shouldn't be there.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No worries, my friend. He's trying to downplay the prominent role that claim had in his argument just as much as he's trying to downplay the actions of the mob (think he'll have any problem with using the word "mob" even though it's absolutely accurate?).
    My entire argument was always that the Ferguson issue has turned anything related to it partisan. And at no point did I say he couldn't use the word mob (I actually accept dictionary definitions of words unlike you and him).

    It's how he argues and it's sad. He doesn't stand up for his own thoughts, he attacks others, and he misrepresents their views. It's great ploy against a child, but it doesn't bother me or affect my arguments in the least.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •