View Poll Results: Would you support a congressional diversity amendment?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 6.52%
  • No

    43 93.48%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Congressional Diversity Amendment

  1. #41
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Should the US Constitution be amended to require that the demographics of congress reflect America's racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, sexual orientational, transgender, bodily, and psychosexual diversity?

    Don't worry about how members of congress would be elected. We could iron out those boring details later.
    There is no reason to legislate what is happening naturally. Congress will never look like it did in the 1950's. With each passing election Congress is becoming more diverse.

    You can't unscrew a pregnant light bulb.


  2. #42
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Should the US Constitution be amended to require that the demographics of congress reflect America's racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, sexual orientational, transgender, bodily, and psychosexual diversity?

    Don't worry about how members of congress would be elected. We could iron out those boring details later.
    I am not a racist or sexist so I do not support this.Justifying affirmative action to combat racism or sexism is like saying to combat rape it will be legal for women to rape men or to combat purse snatching it shall be legal for women to steal men's wallets.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #43
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    NO. The best reform would be to get rid of gerrymandered districts and all money coming in from people or groups outside the district. Those two things would be far better than more nonsense.
    I somewhat agree with this. Districts should be bases only on the number of people in a district.Party affiliation, race, gender,nationality/ethnicity and other **** should have absolutely nothing to do with how a district is drawn up. I do agree that outside money should be banned in elections.

    I would like to take it a step further and ban party affiliations on ballots and polling places with exception to party primaries. People should vote on the candidate because of their views not because of party affiliation. If that is too much for the average ignorant voter to bother researching the candidates then maybe they shouldn't vote.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #44
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I somewhat agree with this. Districts should be bases only on the number of people in a district.Party affiliation, race, gender,nationality/ethnicity and other **** should have absolutely nothing to do with how a district is drawn up. I do agree that outside money should be banned in elections.

    I would like to take it a step further and ban party affiliations on ballots and polling places with exception to party primaries. People should vote on the candidate because of their views not because of party affiliation. If that is too much for the average ignorant voter to bother researching the candidates then maybe they shouldn't vote.
    Interesting. I've never thought of this before. I like it.

    Of course the blind straight party line voter would be upset because they would be able to check a single box, but I've always thought that was ridiculously lazy to begin with.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Should the US Constitution be amended to require that the demographics of congress reflect America's racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, sexual orientational, transgender, bodily, and psychosexual diversity?

    Don't worry about how members of congress would be elected. We could iron out those boring details later.
    No, it should not.

  6. #46
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Should the US Constitution be amended to require that the demographics of congress reflect America's racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, sexual orientational, transgender, bodily, and psychosexual diversity?

    Don't worry about how members of congress would be elected. We could iron out those boring details later.
    Why not just outright say what you are REALLY proposing - to declare all minority citizens to be inferior and of lesser rights?

    Did you pick this poll question straight off of Stormfront?

  7. #47
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Interesting. I've never thought of this before. I like it.

    Of course the blind straight party line voter would be upset because they would be able to check a single box, but I've always thought that was ridiculously lazy to begin with.
    Yes, we need to outlaw people organizing and acting collectively. Rather, people should each pick between 54,301 candidates carefully studying each one. It could get particularly challenging deciding which of the 8,321 Lopezs and 6,704 of the Smiths to vote for.

    Cool new political ideas are easy if totally detached from reality.

  8. #48
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Congressional Diversity Amendment

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yes, we need to outlaw people organizing and acting collectively. Rather, people should each pick between 54,301 candidates carefully studying each one. It could get particularly challenging deciding which of the 8,321 Lopezs and 6,704 of the Smiths to vote for.

    Cool new political ideas are easy if totally detached from reality.
    Way to miss the point.

    , indeed.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •