View Poll Results: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 73.08%
  • No

    12 23.08%
  • maybe

    2 3.85%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 142

Thread: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    Do your police not have tazers at hand..that would have stopped him..
    Several bullets didn't stop him.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    Do your police not have tazers at hand..that would have stopped him..
    How would using a taser in the car, work when grappling?

  3. #33
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?


    I say yes.There is no reason to mention the races of the individuals involved is such a shooting unless it is to instill the idea that the reason that one individual was shot because of skin and the individual who did the shooting did so because of race. When someone burglarizes a house they don't say a hispanic,black, white or whatever burglarized the the home of a white,hispanic, black of whatever homeowner. Other police shootings do not get as much attention as this story. If the media did not do these things I seriously doubt there would be any riots in Ferguson.
    Probably. I forget which network, I think MSNBC, had a reporter commenting on air along the lines of "I can't believe there isn't any rioting going on after this decision" before Obama's remarks and then afterwards it was "Run for your lives, they are now shooting and rioting!!!". I got a good laugh out of that.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    .....
    Of course it does..these are the ones being shot dead like a dog on the streets..it's not us whites is it?

    We don't have to succumb to ''stop and search' on the streets in broad daylight!!

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How would using a taser in the car, work when grappling?
    Well..I'm not a cop..but when I saw it kicking off..I would have got out of the car..turned my taser onto full power..and let him have it..

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    Of course it does..these are the ones being shot dead like a dog on the streets..it's not us whites is it?

    We don't have to succumb to ''stop and search' on the streets in broad daylight!!

    Yes it is.
    Yes you do.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Probably. I forget which network, I think MSNBC, had a reporter commenting on air along the lines of "I can't believe there isn't any rioting going on after this decision" before Obama's remarks and then afterwards it was "Run for your lives, they are now shooting and rioting!!!". I got a good laugh out of that.
    Did they give them all a hundred bucks??

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Yes it is.
    Yes you do.

    Maybe where you live..but certainly not here...

  9. #39
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?


    I say yes.There is no reason to mention the races of the individuals involved is such a shooting unless it is to instill the idea that the reason that one individual was shot because of skin and the individual who did the shooting did so because of race. When someone burglarizes a house they don't say a hispanic,black, white or whatever burglarized the the home of a white,hispanic, black of whatever homeowner. Other police shootings do not get as much attention as this story. If the media did not do these things I seriously doubt there would be any riots in Ferguson.
    I can't really say I think the media is inciting violence, no. The race-baiters are inciting violence. The Al Sharptons of our country are inciting violence. Opportunists in Ferguson and around the country are inciting violence. I just haven't noticed the press intentionally aggravating the situation.

    When "man bites dog" the press reports. It's always been thus. Would you have the press become gender neutral as well? Perhaps we should start reporting that humanoids are committing crimes.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    Maybe where you live..but certainly not here...
    If you robbed a store and then did something to attract attention to yourself, shouldn't you be stopped? day or night?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •