View Poll Results: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 73.08%
  • No

    12 23.08%
  • maybe

    2 3.85%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 142

Thread: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    FL
    Last Seen
    12-17-14 @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    There does seem to more media present than perpetrators. Why do such tensions only occur in integrated communities? Strange , the Ozark mountain range is not far from Ferguson. A nice peaceful area for the multicultural fatigued officer Wilson to seek a well deserved , peaceful retirement.

    Interesting observation. Klan members in full regalia have been seen escorting PTSD inflicted elderly Whites through enemy occupied territory. Many were spotted directlng traffic and peotecting White Children and White Elderly.

  2. #92
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,133

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    That is a good post Gonzo..I lack your eloquence..whilst most people on here are baying for blood..Hmmm..Those blacks again..without asking WHY???
    Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate racial issues in this country, especially in the issue of black poverty and crime. But Michael Brown wasn't shot because he was black.

    That's the sensational story and the false narrative. It's also a dangerous narrative that has cost lives and property.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate racial issues in this country, especially in the issue of black poverty and crime. But Michael Brown wasn't shot because he was black.

    That's the sensational story and the false narrative. It's also a dangerous narrative that has cost lives and property.
    I agree..what would be your solution?

  4. #94
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    We shouldn't dismiss that the Ferguson community has legitimate grievances, boiling over at the unfortunate death of this young man. What could have been a catalyst for the community to come together turned into a media circus. Soon the media whores came running to fuel the fire, just to go away and leave a community in shambles. Rioters distracted from the real issues at hand, and hatred and distrust and misgivings have ripped this town only further apart.
    Had the media not been there, would the hate mongers have come? I am not sure. The age old question must be asked, "what came first, the chicken or the egg".
    Any resident of Ferguson who supports the black thug culture is illegitimate. They have no one to blame but themselves. Any parent or guardian that lets their kids run wild and join violent street gangs are completely in the wrong. Anyone who purchases hip -hop gangsta rap music and paraphernalia are part of the problem. The most to blame are the older kids who know they are in the wrong acting like criminals and disrespectful anarchists.

    Change the culture is best first step.
    ďEgotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.Ē
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  5. #95
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL

    Oh sure, let's do that. In fact, let's go back thousands of years and get to the heart of the issue one and for all. We can debate ancient Greece, and their treatment of captives, then we can move on to some of the other lessor tribes in ancient Mesopotamia.

    Too funny. Sorry, but I'm not interested for whatever reason you come back with.
    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Let's find proof that any individual today is actually a racist based on history. Better, let's justify calling white people racists because they are white and then justify not judging other groups as a whole. Better yet, let's tell Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Obama and Holder to quit stirring the pot. Racism today is a for profit venture, and guilt is doled out without justification for the sake of that profit. The problem in Ferguson was not racial, it was cultural. Institutional racism is what creates the mentality that causes a young black man to attack a white officer to begin with. Most of us learn better early in life from our parents. Maybe that is where we should start. There is a serious problem in black culture as far as the family structure goes.
    White privilege detected.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    White privilege detected.
    Yeah. Not feeling it. I'm a small business owner in Georgia. Back when we were getting started we were broke, lost our home to foreclosure, sold everything we had of value except the couple of old cars we used to get to work, and still, being white and self employed, were ineligible for EBT or any other kind of assistance. If I gave up the struggling start up I would have been eligible. The very nice hispanic woman at the social services, when asked how it could possibly be that we couldn't get any help at all, pointed at the ethnicity sector of the application and the "white" box with the checkmark in it. Everybody has their crosses to bear. I am of Polish descent, I have (had) relatives who came here fleeing Nazi Germany, and many who did not escape. This was not nearly as long ago as slavery, and yet I harbor no ill will toward Germans. Let it go. Goading people and accusing them of racism until you finally piss them off so you can capture a sound bite is childish at best. Continuing to blame your present circumstances on something that happened over 100 years ago is a cop out and a poor excuse for poor personal behavior.

  7. #97
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,968

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    I put yes because the media is responsible for what it puts out.

    In reality, it's the fault of people who watch and believe the media. People have turned off their brains severely in the past 10-15 years, and the media that we used to trust is no longer trustworthy. 5 or 6 people own more than 85% all of U.S. broadcasting now. But we have grown stupid as a people, and wait for our next instructions to be broadcast.

    The fault always lies with the People for tolerating tyranny and propaganda. You don't have to watch. In fact it's better if you don't.

  8. #98
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The media didn't report the Ferguson story until after it had already become a HUGE story on social networks after one of the witnesses live-Tweeted the shooting and its aftermath. People on social networks had already "made the story about race" well before the media got a hold of it. The media was only reporting what the story had already become..
    There was no reason for the media to mention race unless it was to push the narrative of racism. What social networks say is irrelevant. The media could have said unarmed suspect shot while allegedly assaulting a police officer or some other similar headline that had nothing to do with race. Nor did they need to constantly air the story dad after day,especially when they do not do that for other police shooting suspect stories.


    Beyond that, if you don't want "race riots", then work on subverting racial discrimination against people of color instead of getting mad at the media
    There was no racial discrimination in this case.So your point is irrelevant. Contrary to popular liberal belief they do not issue the cops black men hunting licenses nor are police prowling the streets for black men to shoot.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    There was no reason for the media to mention race unless it was to push the narrative of racism. What social networks say is irrelevant. The media could have said unarmed suspect shot while allegedly assaulting a police officer or some other similar headline that had nothing to do with race. Nor did they need to constantly air the story dad after day,especially when they do not do that for other police shooting suspect stories.


    There was no racial discrimination in this case.So your point is irrelevant. Contrary to popular liberal belief they do not issue the cops black men hunting licenses nor are police prowling the streets for black men to shoot.



    Heya JR. Charles Barkley sounded off on it and he thinks much of it has to do with the Media.


    Why Charles Barkley supports the Ferguson grand jury decision.....

    Former NBA star Charles Barkley recently called Ferguson looters "scumbags," praised police officers who work in black neighborhoods, and said he supports the decision made by the grand jury not to indict officer Darren Wilson in the Michael Brown shooting. "The true story came out from the grand jury testimony," Barkley said, adding that he was made aware of "key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilsonís story..." He continued, "I canít believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, thatís why I donít like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldnít do that. They never do that when black people kill each other. "

    And in a marked departure from other prominent black leaders who have questioned tactics used by officers and, in some cases, accused officers of racial profiling and outright racism, Barkley supported police officers, especially those who work in black neighborhoods.

    ď[W]e have to be really careful with the cops, because if it wasnít for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods," he said. "We canít pick out certain incidentals that donít go our way and act like the cops are all bad.... Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn't for the cops?Ē.....snip~

    Why Charles Barkley supports the Ferguson grand jury decision

  10. #100
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,133

    Re: Is the media inciting the Ferguson riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    I agree..what would be your solution?
    Try not to stoke the fire.

    Stoking the fire is pricisely what divisive politics and sensational media does, however. So, I guess take that as you will.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •