View Poll Results: Did this racist get what he deserved?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 88.24%
  • No

    1 2.94%
  • Unsure (please explain)

    3 8.82%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 111

Thread: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

  1. #71
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,936

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    I would spend most of my online time in any forum Judge Judy regularly posts in. She'd be a hoot to engage in discussion!
    Absolutely.

  2. #72
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Watch the video and judge for yourselves.

    The man was acting in an aggressive manner, he several times advanced threateningly on the woman and then the black man. He shoved the black man, initiating an assault.

    Were I on a jury, he walks: self defense, he was protecting himself
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #73
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Oh come on, the guy who was pushed didn't have to be there. He could have just gone on his merry way and enjoyed the rest of his evening sans drunk asshole, but no, he had to stop and enjoy the spectacle. And not only did he just have to be there, he also had to verbally involve himself. And look at the video again: the very instant he was pushed, it was like his birthday, Christmas, and New Years all rolled into one and he instantly took the shot. There was no "Oh crap, this drunk asshole is shoving me!" just instantly decking him as hard as he could. The guy who threw the punch was clearly looking for trouble, found it, escalated it and enjoyed every moment of it -- he wasn't innocent, being a part of that incident was his choice. Both those assholes should do community service for being idiots for contributing in their own little way to dragging the human race down.

    Saying that guy was "defending himself" does an incredible disservice to actual innocent people who are just trying to mind their own business and are assaulted anyway.
    It's public space, the dude had a right to be there. The other man did not have the right to put his hands on another. He did, he got punched in the mouth for it, done and done. Don't be a loud mouthed jackass if you don't want to get popped in the mouth.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #74
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,936

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's public space, the dude had a right to be there. The other man did not have the right to put his hands on another. He did, he got punched in the mouth for it, done and done. Don't be a loud mouthed jackass if you don't want to get popped in the mouth.
    That's all a very nice thought, but nothing you said disputes the video, which clearly shows that the guy who threw the punch made a conscious choice to involve himself in a volatile situation. He had every available opportunity to walk away and chose not to. And with his girlfriend there too. Jerk.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's all a very nice thought, but nothing you said disputes the video, which clearly shows that the guy who threw the punch made a conscious choice to involve himself in a volatile situation. He had every available opportunity to walk away and chose not to.
    So did the other dude. A guy cannot be faulted for occupying space in a public place. There's no law against that. The initiator of everything was the loud mouth who got his just deserts.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #76
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,936

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So did the other dude. A guy cannot be faulted for occupying space in a public place. There's no law against that. The initiator of everything was the loud mouth who got his just deserts.
    Never said it wasn't public space, but thanks for the strawman. Hey, next time you encounter a drunk idiot and you stop and verbally engage him and he pushes you, then by all means punch him as hard as you can if it makes you feel good. I just wouldn't rely on your argument being successful after both of you are arrested for fighting (or disorderly conduct, or whatever the cops would write it down as).

  7. #77
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Never said it wasn't public space, but thanks for the strawman. Hey, next time you encounter a drunk idiot and you stop and verbally engage him and he pushes you, then by all means punch him as hard as you can if it makes you feel good. I just wouldn't rely on your argument being successful after both of you are arrested for fighting (or disorderly conduct, or whatever the cops would write it down as).
    It wasn't a strawman, you want to place blame on the dude for standing around some asshole running his mouth in a public place. He's not at fault for standing there, he's free to do it. The man who put his hands on the other dude is the one at fault, he initiated force and violence. Everything before that point was fine.

    Man, so much for "personal responsibility" from you "conservatives", huh.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #78
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,936

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It wasn't a strawman, you want to place blame on the dude for standing around some asshole running his mouth in a public place.
    Wrong. I acknowledged the drunk asshole was the one who instigated it. If arrests had been made, he would have been one of the people arrested.
    He's not at fault for standing there, he's free to do it.
    He took on fault when he involved himself in the incident.

    The man who put his hands on the other dude is the one at fault, he initiated force and violence. Everything before that point was fine.

    Man, so much for "personal responsibility" from you "conservatives", huh.
    You're selectively applying the phrase "personal responsibility." The video doesn't show how this nonsense started, but it's clear that the drunk idiot had the choice to de-escalate and walk off, which he clearly did not do. The guy who threw the punch has his own personal responsibility in that he too could have de-escalated and not involve himself in what appeared to be someone else's problem. I seem to understand how this personal responsibility thing works a bit better than you.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Wrong. I acknowledged the drunk asshole was the one who instigated it. If arrests had been made, he would have been one of the people arrested.


    He took on fault when he involved himself in the incident.



    You're selectively applying the phrase "personal responsibility." The video doesn't show how this nonsense started, but it's clear that the drunk idiot had the choice to de-escalate and walk off, which he clearly did not do. The guy who threw the punch has his own personal responsibility in that he too could have de-escalated and not involve himself in what appeared to be someone else's problem. I seem to understand how this personal responsibility thing works a bit better than you.
    Well you know, if you want to allow yourself to be pushed around by drunken racists, have at it. Be pushed around as much as you want by others. But I won't blame the man for smacking some dude who has been aggressive, belligerent, and then initiates physical conflict. Actions have consequences, this dude got his.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #80
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Did this racist deserve to get punched?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Watch the video and judge for yourselves.

    The other man asked him to get out of his personal space and he thought he would put his hands on him, well, then you can expect a knock down IMHO.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •