View Poll Results: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    111 89.52%
  • no

    7 5.65%
  • l dont know

    6 4.84%
  • other

    4 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 156

Thread: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,937

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Once you meet your soul mate, it doesn't matter much what others think. You will soon notice some criticism and rejection. Yes, it hurts, don't get me wrong, but only for a little while. It is nothing compared to the happiness you feel being loved and loving someone.
    True friends want you to be happy, no matter what and you find out quickly who they are.
    You're correct in saying it doesn't matter what others think. If i got married it would be my choice, it wouldn't be based on what others thought.

    That being said, based on my life experiences, no matter how much i loved someone, i would still be hesistant to marry in certain situations if it meant living outside my Country of residence as i know i couldn't adapt permanently to the vastly different cultural differences (language, beliefs, attitudes on how children should be raised, religion etc) in some Countries. Sometimes love does not conquer all, no matter how much you think it will.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,884

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    You're correct in saying it doesn't matter what others think. If i got married it would be my choice, it wouldn't be based on what others thought.

    That being said, based on my life experiences, no matter how much i loved someone, i would still be hesistant to marry in certain situations if it meant living outside my Country of residence as i know i couldn't adapt permanently to the vastly different cultural differences (language, beliefs, attitudes on how children should be raised, religion etc) in some Countries. Sometimes love does not conquer all, no matter how much you think it will.
    You are right. We are a global community, and cultural differences do matter. It may be more difficult, not impossible, to find a culturally different 'soul mate'.
    If you can't agree or overcome language barriers, religious or other beliefs, child education etc, perhaps you are not compatible, are not soul mates, regardless of culture?

  3. #103
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    there are many factors that come into play for marrying someone and finding that deep love, that love you know is above it all but race isnt among those factors.

    Maybe im bias but my parents are easily hands down the best relationship i have ever come across in real life/1st hand experience and they are interracial couple. Now that doesnt mean much to other relationships but it does show that race is a non factor unless those involved want it to be.

    In my life time i never seen or heard my parents fight, not once . . . maybe they did behind close doors but i never seen it. They gave eachother friendly crap like buddies, like family but never fighting/arguing.

    my parents held hands, did low level PDA, told each other out loud they loved the other, laughed together etc. My mom would still sit on my dads lap even well into thier 60s and this continued even on my dads deathbed until he passed.

    They were such a pure example of love and such role models for me it was amazing.

    and why they always deserved EXTRA respect IMO is they did it during a time when the country was basically against them. Before it was even nationally legal, they lost jobs, family and friends over it. They were kicked out of places and denied service because of it . . . . and yet . . . their love still won and simply laughed at such ignorance stupidity and bigotry . . . .it didnt matter . . they had each other and kept up the good fight for was right . . . .

    I love them so much
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    there are many factors that come into play for marrying someone and finding that deep love, that love you know is above it all but race isnt among those factors.

    Maybe im bias but my parents are easily hands down the best relationship i have ever come across in real life/1st hand experience and they are interracial couple. Now that doesnt mean much to other relationships but it does show that race is a non factor unless those involved want it to be.

    In my life time i never seen or heard my parents fight, not once . . . maybe they did behind close doors but i never seen it. They gave eachother friendly crap like buddies, like family but never fighting/arguing.

    my parents held hands, did low level PDA, told each other out loud they loved the other, laughed together etc. My mom would still sit on my dads lap even well into thier 60s and this continued even on my dads deathbed until he passed.

    They were such a pure example of love and such role models for me it was amazing.

    and why they always deserved EXTRA respect IMO is they did it during a time when the country was basically against them. Before it was even nationally legal, they lost jobs, family and friends over it. They were kicked out of places and denied service because of it . . . . and yet . . . their love still won and simply laughed at such ignorance stupidity and bigotry . . . .it didnt matter . . they had each other and kept up the good fight for was right . . . .

    I love them so much
    That is so sweet AJ..

  5. #105
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    You're correct in saying it doesn't matter what others think. If i got married it would be my choice, it wouldn't be based on what others thought.

    That being said, based on my life experiences, no matter how much i loved someone, i would still be hesistant to marry in certain situations if it meant living outside my Country of residence as i know i couldn't adapt permanently to the vastly different cultural differences (language, beliefs, attitudes on how children should be raised, religion etc) in some Countries. Sometimes love does not conquer all, no matter how much you think it will.
    And sometimes, your friends might be right - we all know people who married someone their friends didn't like, and it turned out their friends were correct.

    I do agree that marrying someone from another culture -especially if it involves moving to another country - is something I personally would have to think long and hard about. Maybe Canada and England wouldn't be too different. But an Aussie???? (smile)

    Love doesn't conquer all. But then again, I also don't believe in "soul mates". I think there are a lot of people out there I would be able to love and get along with. Just happens to be which one I met first.

    If my current marriage were to end (it's the second) I don't think I'd marry again though. I'm too old and set in my ways to get another partner. I'd go for casual sex as needed instead, along with friends I did things with.

  6. #106
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Quote Originally Posted by idea_steed View Post
    “but if I loved her”...by saying this, you had already ignore the skin tone. What kind of girl do you love? What qualities are prerequisite?
    Huh? The question was whether you'd marry someone of a different race. My answer is yes. If I fell in love with someone of a different race, I would marry them.

    Being a certain race/skin color is not a prerequisite to date me.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  7. #107
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Once you meet your soul mate, it doesn't matter much what others think. You will soon notice some criticism and rejection. Yes, it hurts, don't get me wrong, but only for a little while. It is nothing compared to the happiness you feel being loved and loving someone.
    True friends want you to be happy, no matter what and you find out quickly who they are.
    I guess so. I just never considered that what my friends thought of my choice, mattered in the least. When I met my late husband, there were quite a few social norms that we defied, but it was worth everything. I had (and have) no regrets at all, and would repeat my entire life over again. I never realized how truly fortunate I was, until I lost him.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #108
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Sure. I have no problem with that.

  9. #109
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    Well I've been with spanish and asian chicks, never black though. Don't think I could marry a black girl honestly. Asian I could though.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would you marry someone from a different race ?

    I could go with a black girl. I think they are harder to meet though. There are so many hisorical laws against it, then there is white man sexually abusing black woman in secret. It has so many negative things about it. Then, would I have to listen to like those black soul singer women all the time like Beyonce? I did know a black woman from Haiti once who was a good friend and she listened to Ambient Electronic music. This was tolerable. as I listen to this as well, but we didnt hook up.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •