View Poll Results: Are the only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    3 11.54%
  • Im not American, yes.

    2 7.69%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    14 53.85%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    4 15.38%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 11.54%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 146

Thread: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Except no one's against immigration, just illegal immigrants waltzing around the country.

    Also, the Native Americans are also immigrants, they just came far earlier. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the world who didn't get to their homeland via "immigration." The only difference is time frames. I suppose tribes in underdeveloped Sub-Saharan Africa would possibly be the few.

    Won't bother to vote in the poll, Obama knows damn well people aren't against legal immigration. And I'm obviously leaving out random fringe groups that are of no importance to American domestic policy.
    I remember back in the 1980s when immigration was not as predominately Hispanic and was mostly legal. No one complained about the many Irish and English people coming in to the country. But many people did complaint about all the "nips, gooks and chinks stealing their jobs."

    "...In the 1970s and 1980s, the waning fortunes of heavy industry in the United States prompted layoffs and hiring slowdowns just as counterpart businesses in Japan were making major inroads into U.S. markets. Nowhere was this more visible than in the automobile industry, where the lethargic Big Three automobile manufacturers (General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler) watched as their former customers bought Japanese imports from Toyota and Nissan, a consequence of the 1973 oil crisis. The anti-Japanese sentiment manifested itself in occasional public destruction of Japanese cars, and in the 1982 murder of Vincent Chin, a Chinese American beaten to death when he was mistaken to be Japanese...."
    Wikipedia

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    We already have that first part you are hanging your arguments upon. It is already very unprofitable by law to hire illegals. What is lacking is enforcement.
    we don't have national compliance with everify. companies like Tyson foods rely heavily on illegal labor; big ag as well. we need to fix this problem, and we need everify in place to do it. the penalties or noncompliance have to be nearly confiscatory, or they will keep doing what they are doing now.

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You really have never dealt with any of this in real life have you? I'm sorry, your theories just don't meet with the real world reality. Our current system of immigration is fine. We already have most of the law we need to deal with the illegals situation. It's will never be a fix it and forget it thing. We will always have to be shown to be enforcing these laws.
    real life? yeah. i live in a town where the population increases by a quarter during tomato harvesting season to supply labor for a ketchup company. meanwhile, one of my closest friends who paid full price for a college and graduate education just got deported in July. the system is completely ****ed. we need to fix it.

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    No it wont. Every "solution" you mention has been tried here in CA, and its failed.
    it needs to be national. everify can do a lot to remove the incentive to hire undocumented labor. the jobs are a huge part of the draw.

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You are advocating people breaking the law if it takes longer than they think they should. Never think otherwise.
    it shouldn't take a decade or more to become a US citizen. my ancestors didn't have to do that, and neither should the people coming here now.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it needs to be national. everify can do a lot to remove the incentive to hire undocumented labor. the jobs are a huge part of the draw.
    Already been tried in CA, already failed. There are a million ways around e verify. Whats your next idea-and by that I mean what feel-good solution did you read.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it shouldn't take a decade or more to become a US citizen. my ancestors didn't have to do that, and neither should the people coming here now.
    Then look at the law and get it changed. Whats NOT acceptable is selectively enforcing the law and rewarding criminals.

  8. #118
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I remember back in the 1980s when immigration was not as predominately Hispanic and was mostly legal. No one complained about the many Irish and English people coming in to the country. But many people did complaint about all the "nips, gooks and chinks stealing their jobs."

    "...In the 1970s and 1980s, the waning fortunes of heavy industry in the United States prompted layoffs and hiring slowdowns just as counterpart businesses in Japan were making major inroads into U.S. markets. Nowhere was this more visible than in the automobile industry, where the lethargic Big Three automobile manufacturers (General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler) watched as their former customers bought Japanese imports from Toyota and Nissan, a consequence of the 1973 oil crisis. The anti-Japanese sentiment manifested itself in occasional public destruction of Japanese cars, and in the 1982 murder of Vincent Chin, a Chinese American beaten to death when he was mistaken to be Japanese...."
    Wikipedia
    You must not know how things went for the Irish and Italians when they first came here LEGALLY, what's going on now with our ILLEGAL immigrants is a cakewalk in comparison.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Already been tried in CA, already failed. There are a million ways around e verify. Whats your next idea-and by that I mean what feel-good solution did you read.
    already explained. scroll back up the thread, and stop wasting my time.

  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Then look at the law and get it changed. Whats NOT acceptable is selectively enforcing the law and rewarding criminals.
    i'm for an overhaul that addresses the failures in the system from both the enforcement and immigration policy sides, as i've already made abundantly clear.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •