View Poll Results: Are racists good people?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 10.64%
  • Most are

    4 8.51%
  • Some are

    25 53.19%
  • None are

    13 27.66%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 173

Thread: Can Racists be Good People?

  1. #121
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    If you are a racist you are a bad person. You hold your race more superior to others simply based off their color of their skin. That is bad.


    Common sense.


    Common sense.

    common sense, that is no answer.

    where do you get the interpretation someone is bad, since we are not going into the religious aspect of things..

    are you getting it from..... your own thinking?

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I don't think so. I seen here on DP and another couple of political sites. In fact I have been labeled that myself. No big deal for me. That stuff rolls off my back. But I have seen legitimate tuned into you are a racist because you disagree.
    I would like to see some examples that include the post being responded to. I have seen far more bigoted remarks about Obama than claims that a criticism of him is racist.

  3. #123
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    common sense, that is no answer.

    where do you get the interpretation someone is bad, since we are not going into the religious aspect of things..

    are you getting it from..... your own thinking?
    Of course it is. No race is superior to others. One persons melanin compared to others does not give on superiority.


  4. #124
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Of course it is. No race is superior to others. One persons melanin compared to others does not give on superiority.
    what i am getting at is, where do you get your determination of bad...... is it your personal feeling....[who is it who determines if a person is bad]...a person, groups of people, society as whole..

    now i know it comes from a religious morals, however i know you are not using that.........

  5. #125
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what i am getting at is, where do you get your determination of bad...... is it your personal feeling....[who is it who determines if a person is bad]...a person, groups of people, society as whole..

    now i know it comes from a religious morals, however i know you are not using that.........
    Why does religious morals trump everything?


  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    No they do not.
    "All" (aka 100%) is High School Strawman debate Dishonestly trying to get out of a True generalization that may be just higher ON AVERAGE, In GENERAL, May even be 90% or even 99%.
    All just gives the person wishing to Mislead an 'out'.


    Then before I deal with the rest of your paragraph, you are admitting True generalizations CAN Be made about Racial groups.
    That is 'Racist' if not mean-spirited.
    Yes of course (GIANT DUH), not "ALL" East Africans are better distance runners than "all" ie, Eskimos, but the Racism of the statement is true nonetheless.


    Yes, I just explained that.
    Nonetheless East Africans are overwhelmingly better distance runners is true, but of course not "ALL" are.
    Jesus, how pathetic this is!

    If someone claims one race has a higher IQ than another, they mean ON AVERAGE, they OF COURSE don't mean ALL BILLION of one race are smarter than ALL BILLION of another.
    They mean the Average of one or more is significantly higher.

    Illustration:


    Those show Race hierarchy in IQ and they OVERLAP. They do NOT mean ALL of one race is smarter than ALL of another, but they DO mean generalizations about average IQ of the group CAN be made.



    Of course, you would want to time every runner first, but the Racial statement East Africans are better distance runners remains TRUE, if not [duh] "ALL".

    As I always say, you Never know who you're shaking hands with regardless of appearance.
    He Could be an Ethiopean Astrophysicist, or an Japanese champion Marathoner. It's just NOT nearly as likely as the opposite for Genetic/RACE reasons.

    Juvenilely using the superlative/strawman (never claimed) "all" makes a mockery of the debate of truisms.
    One in which you admitted Racial tendency/Racism nonetheless.
    You seem to be agreeing with the first part of what I said except that you have a more favorable view of racists. Also, I don't assume that (for example) East Africans are better runners becaused of their race, it may be due to other factors such as their environment, culture or nutrition.

    The difference between a racist and a non-racist is what you do with those statistics (assuming that they are accurate), which in my opinion, are rarely useful. A racist will use them to discriminate, a non-racist will judge people as individuals.

    Also, I don't believe that intellegence is measurable without a cultural bias, largely because there are many too many types of intelligence. Human brain's are too complex to evaluate people with a hierarchal label. I especially question the uncredited graph that you used.
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 11-28-14 at 08:24 PM.

  7. #127
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Why does religious morals trump everything?
    not what i am saying,

    i said that i know from a religious moral prospective to treat anyone different just because of their skin color is wrong or bad.

    however i know you are not going to use that prospective, so what are you using to assert someone is bad.......are you using society?

  8. #128
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    I relate to his post. I have told some people in my personal life that their views are racist, but I don't constantly tell them so. Constantly telling somebody what they said is racist will not lead to them changing their views, and they will keep on saying things racist. After a while, you just learn to deal with it and put up with it.



    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Do you think accusations of racism should be made lightly? I'm sincerely asking for your opinion on that (not at all suggesting it's something you do). And the reason I ask is that it's occurring to me that, for some, it may be no big deal to say that about someone because to them, it's not the same as saying they're a bad person. By the same token, it's difficult to not take extreme exception at being accused of it.

  9. #129
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    not what i am saying,

    i said that i know from a religious moral prospective to treat anyone different just because of their skin color is wrong or bad.

    however i know you are not going to use that prospective, so what are you using to assert someone is bad.......are you using society?
    As I stated earlier I am using common sense.


  10. #130
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,950
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I would like to see some examples that include the post being responded to. I have seen far more bigoted remarks about Obama than claims that a criticism of him is racist.
    I don't save posts, so you're out of luck there. But I do agree with your last sentence. There are racist and then there are those whom are accused of being racist through policy differences.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •