View Poll Results: Are racists good people?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 10.64%
  • Most are

    4 8.51%
  • Some are

    25 53.19%
  • None are

    13 27.66%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 173

Thread: Can Racists be Good People?

  1. #101
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I won't deny that a few idiots may have claimed that disagreeing with Obama is racist, since there are plenty of idiots out there of all stripes. However, the claim that a significant number of Obama supporters believe that criticism of Obama is racist is a red herring and weapon of mass distraction.] There have always been conservatives opposed to his policies before they were associated with him, and everyone knows that. There also is a lot of racism behind the hatred of Obama, for example the people who labeled him a Kenyan anti-colonialist. (as if being an anti-colonialist is a bad thing)
    There's way more than just a gew Libbos that make that claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #102
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth
    Racists misuse statistics to view all individuals within a group as the same.
    No they do not.
    "All" (aka 100%) is High School Strawman debate Dishonestly trying to get out of a True generalization that may be just higher ON AVERAGE, In GENERAL, May even be 90% or even 99%.
    All just gives the person wishing to Mislead an 'out'.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth
    That is not what the statistics indicate. Statistics on race some may show tendencies of a group, but they do not tell you anything about the individuals within that group.
    Then before I deal with the rest of your paragraph, you are admitting True generalizations CAN Be made about Racial groups.
    That is 'Racist' if not mean-spirited.
    Yes of course (GIANT DUH), not "ALL" East Africans are better distance runners than "all" ie, Eskimos, but the Racism of the statement is true nonetheless.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth
    For example, East Africans as a group may tend to be good runners, but that does not mean every East African is a good runner. Humans are too varied and individual for any tendency to be universal, even within a relatively homogenous group. That can be measured and easilly observed. For accuracy, people need to assessed as individuals, not as members of a racial or ethnic group.
    Yes, I just explained that.
    Nonetheless East Africans are overwhelmingly better distance runners is true, but of course not "ALL" are.
    Jesus, how pathetic this is!

    If someone claims one race has a higher IQ than another, they mean ON AVERAGE, they OF COURSE don't mean ALL BILLION of one race are smarter than ALL BILLION of another.
    They mean the Average of one or more is significantly higher.

    Illustration:


    Those show Race hierarchy in IQ and they OVERLAP. They do NOT mean ALL of one race is smarter than ALL of another, but they DO mean generalizations about average IQ of the group CAN be made.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth
    It is would be a foolish error for someone seeking a team of good runners to only hire East Africans without assessing each individual's abilities. Some East Africans are not good runners and many people with other backgrounds are as good or better runners. The racist's error is the notion that racial tendencies are more significant than individual characteristics.
    Of course, you would want to time every runner first, but the Racial statement East Africans are better distance runners remains TRUE, if not [duh] "ALL".

    As I always say, you Never know who you're shaking hands with regardless of appearance.
    He Could be an Ethiopean Astrophysicist, or an Japanese champion Marathoner. It's just NOT nearly as likely as the opposite for Genetic/RACE reasons.

    Juvenilely using the superlative/strawman (never claimed) "all" makes a mockery of the debate of truisms.
    One in which you admitted Racial tendency/Racism nonetheless.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  3. #103
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Nope. If you are a racist you are a bigot, and bigots are not good people.


  4. #104
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Nope. If you are a racist you are a bigot, and bigots are not good people.
    not true, people can use racism via disassociation.

    disassociation is a right.

    don't you disassociate yourself from a people you don't like .

  5. #105
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    not true, people can use racism via disassociation.

    disassociation is a right.

    don't you disassociate yourself from a people you don't like .
    Based off of their color of their skin? Nope.


  6. #106
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Based off of their color of their skin? Nope.
    if i disassociate myself from say blacks, and in doing that i don't do anything to them in a physical or verbal means, am i a bad person?

  7. #107
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if i disassociate myself from say blacks, and in doing that i don't do anything to them in a physical or verbal means, am i a bad person?
    Do you believe that your race is superior than them and hold prejudice against them?


  8. #108
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Do you believe that your race is superior than them and hold prejudice against them?
    no i don't, however if a person has a belief, and in exercising that belief there is no victim or even any emotional pain.......what has made that person bad in your eyes?

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Racist (and bigots) can be good people to those within their own circle of influence, but outside that circle they disrupt good order and discipline with the greater fabric of society. So, yes a racist could call himself a Christian, for example, have very good intensions, give to charity and even save kitty cats from trees or babies from burning buildings, but in the grand scheme of things they are bad.

    If you choose not to like someone do so not due to the color of their skin or their religious background. Do so based on the conduct of their character, i.e., "I don't like you because you're an asshole or because you're a lying, murdering thief, or because you're a drunkard or drug addict and you bring down those around you, or because you're just not a decent person not because you're Black or White or a Jew or a Muslim".
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  10. #110
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can Racists be Good People?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no i don't, however if a person has a belief, and in exercising that belief there is no victim or even any emotional pain.......what has made that person bad in your eyes?
    Is their belief based off bigotry and holding their race more superior, and hold prejudices? If so that is racism.


Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •