View Poll Results: cigar robbery costs a guy his life ?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    8 21.62%
  • no

    16 43.24%
  • l dont know

    0 0%
  • other

    13 35.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 247

Thread: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

  1. #161
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    This poll is ridiculous. And since it was posted by a good person living in Turkey, it should convince people of the disservice American media does to the reputation and good name of America in the world. That someone outside America thinks an 18 yr old black youth in America was killed because he stole some cigars is just sad.
    I don't know what good people in Turkey or elsewhere really think about the shooting of Michael Brown, but the evidence has now been made public, and they can all draw their own conclusions. If one person concludes that Brown was shot because he stole cigars, that's just one person's opinion.

  2. #162
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    where is the democracy you usually claim to have there ? l have the right to defend what l believe to be true.
    Democracy has nothing to do with the fact that you cannot comprehend facts about the US.

    You are complaining about concepts that are not true here in the US.

    Democracy is not a defense for ignorance.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #163
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,015

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    This is what happens when people have no concept of what transpired. We get polls like this.

    Brown did not die because of cigar robbery, nor did he die because of committing assault against the guy in the store. Brown died because he engaged a police officer in a manner like he wanted to fight, he tried to reach for an officers gun, and ultimately he charged that same officer ignoring commands to stop. That is what got him killed, not some robbery.
    .martin wasnt even robbing any store but he was killed too.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    but he had no gun .thats the question.it means he didnt want to shoot anyone with a gun
    But he tried to take a gun from a cop. What do you think he was going to do with it had he gotten away from the cop?

  5. #165
    User ThesisQuasar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-15 @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    There are five scenarios:

    1. If the robber is not detained, and currently threatening people with deadly force

    -Deadly force should only be used to counter a currently present deadly force from another person/thing. If possible, stun a deadly person rather than kill.

    2. If the robber is on the lose, and not able to threaten anyone.

    -The robber can't harm anyone, so stunning is the most that should be used.

    3. If the robber is on the lose, has killed someone, and is not able to threaten people.

    -Same as above, unless the robber begins to threaten people with deadly force.

    4. If the robber is on the lose, has killed someone, and is able to threaten people.

    -Take the robber out, so at to prevent the lose of innocent life as much as possible. If the robber stops threatening people and surrenders, or puts him/herself in a scenario where they cannot threaten anyone else, then the most that can be used is stun force.

    5. If the robber is detained, in prison, etc.

    -Under no circumstances should a detained criminal, no matter the degree of their crimes, should be executed, because they cannot threaten anyone within society, They can and should be given extensive rehabilitation, and it is the humane thing to do.

    It all comes down to whether they someone is threatening others with deadly force or not.
    Last edited by ThesisQuasar; 11-26-14 at 02:01 PM.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    especially when he is black...

    color has nothing to do with it.......Just and excuse to rob and loot. Or and if he is trying to kill a police officer the answer is yes.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #167
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,177

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don't know what good people in Turkey or elsewhere really think about the shooting of Michael Brown, but the evidence has now been made public, and they can all draw their own conclusions. If one person concludes that Brown was shot because he stole cigars, that's just one person's opinion.
    I'll bet it's not just one person's opinion - maybe Medusa would have some insight on that. I just believe it's reflective of the sound bites that people outside America get about life/crime/guns, etc. in America. If you don't take the time to become even marginally knowledgeable about such things, you can get a pretty warped view of reality.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,015

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Democracy has nothing to do with the fact that you cannot comprehend facts about the US.

    You are complaining about concepts that are not true here in the US.

    Democracy is not a defense for ignorance.
    nobody is stupid here and lets not forget we dont have to be an expert on USA'S laws in order to know that not everybody can be killed because they were thought as a threat


    what will you say about Martin ?

    was he trying to harm anyone when zimmer wanted to follow him ?

    isnt there anhone WHO want to agree with this fact ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  9. #169
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,015

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    color has nothing to do with it.......Just and excuse to rob and loot. Or and if he is trying to kill a police officer the answer is yes.
    maybe he was a gay
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #170
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,015

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    oh yeah... he was an innocent... just walking by... minding his own business.... murdered by that racist cop

    amirite?


    no, that's obviously and objectively wrong.. he was an idiot who assaulted a cop and got his dumb ass killed.

    end of story.
    like martin.. but he was condemned by many of you too.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •