View Poll Results: cigar robbery costs a guy his life ?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    8 21.62%
  • no

    16 43.24%
  • l dont know

    0 0%
  • other

    13 35.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 247

Thread: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

  1. #91
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    You are wrong. Purse snatching is not necessarily robbery in my state--it is larceny from a person which is a different charge under a different statute--and assault during a theft is a separate charge and does not rise to robbery unless the assault was necessary to gain control of the item taken.
    What state? I'd like to look at the statue.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  2. #92
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    No, it shouldnt.

    On a side note, attacking a police officer and going for his gun might get you killed.

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Cigar robbery didn't cost them their life... retaliating against an officer acting in self defense did. It's not legal to go up and shoot someone with no cause solely because the guild of theft equates with a death penalty without due process.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #94
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,536

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    you live for your properties ?.and he had no gun to threat anyone
    Medoosy, you don't have to have a gun to be a threat to someone. Brown was huge. 6'4 and almost 300 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #95
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,536

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Liberals are so well-intentioned, but lacking in truth, facts, reality...
    Has nothing to do with left or right. I'm pretty far left on a lot of things, and I have to admit I was pleased with the decision made by the Grand Jury. It was just. It was absolutely based on science, and evidence, and nothing more.

    No emotion involved. That's why the whole damn town is on fire. They are basing this all on emotion, and emotion should play no part in a Grand Jury proceeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  6. #96
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    I'm stunned that so few people are actually familiar with the evidence, every scrap of which has been made public. The evidence, autopsies, and statements from several people who did not get on national tv and claim that Brown had his hands up after having been shot in the back... all proved to be untrue... the real, actual evidence proves that everything the officer said in his statement has been corroborated: Brown did indeed have parts of his body inside the police car, two shots were indeed fired from within the police car, Brown's blood inside the police car was exactly where it would have been if there was a struggle over the gun, and gunshot residue on Brown's thumb proved he was in contact with the gun when it was fired; evidence then proved, through the blood trail in the street, that Brown ran from the car for a short distance, then turned around and moved back until he was within 10 feet of the officer when the final shot was fired.

    Holy hell, doesn't anyone in Ferguson give a damn about, you know, what really happened?? I weep for our species.

  7. #97
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,536

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I'm stunned that so few people are actually familiar with the evidence, every scrap of which has been made public. The evidence, autopsies, and statements from several people who did not get on national tv and claim that Brown had his hands up after having been shot in the back... all proved to be untrue... the real, actual evidence proves that everything the officer said in his statement has been corroborated: Brown did indeed have parts of his body inside the police car, two shots were indeed fired from within the police car, Brown's blood inside the police car was exactly where it would have been if there was a struggle over the gun, and gunshot residue on Brown's thumb proved he was in contact with the gun when it was fired; evidence then proved, through the blood trail in the street, that Brown ran from the car for a short distance, then turned around and moved back until he was within 10 feet of the officer when the final shot was fired.

    Holy hell, doesn't anyone in Ferguson give a damn about, you know, what really happened?? I weep for our species.
    Well said. They did a poll on The Today Show this morning, and 79% of the people polled felt the Grand Jury made the right decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  8. #98
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    k
    especially when he is black...


    Officer Wilson filled him full of holes for the cigar robbery and jaywalking while Black.

    My guess is that Michael Brown won't make those mistakes again.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    The robbery of chewing tobacco, snuff, or pipe tobacco is a serious felony, and I think a sentence of five to fifteen years, depending on aggravating circumstances, would be appropriate. For cigarettes, something more--twenty years to life sounds about right. But cigar robbery is such a heinous felony that the sentence should be either life without the possibility of parole, or the death penalty.

  10. #100
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cigar robbery should cost a guy his life ?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Post of the Day.



    Yep. The OP's question is NOT the complete story.
    I feel no inclination to fall for the bait, either.


    The complete story isn't out yet, eventually it will be told.

    But not by the St. Louis county D.A.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •