View Poll Results: Was justice served in Ferguson?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    18 42.86%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    8 19.05%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 9.52%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    3 7.14%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 14.29%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 7.14%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 137

Thread: Was justice served in Ferguson?

  1. #31
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Justice cannot and will not exist in this case. You can partly blame the media, the politics of the matter, the spectacle some in Ferguson have made of themselves, the threats all the way around, the losses all the way around, etc... but the last thing that can ever be associated with this case in any regard is the word justice.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  2. #32
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We have various facts of the case (forensic evidence, testimony) and we have a finding by the jury. What do you think?
    I think I do not know what was said between the two parties. I think the cop's testimony is self-serving--that is just human nature. I do not know what was said between them when the encounter began. I think lots of things, some favorable to each side and some detrimental to each side.

  3. #33
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,972
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    I lean neither right nor left, and I vote yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    For one thing, I don't like the "left/right" view of politics as it is too simplistic. The 2d spectrum is a little better as it covers more ground but it is still a flawed representation of a more complex reality.

    But if we MUST use left and right, yes I lean right on certain issues... and a little left on others, and sort of libertarian on some things, and sort of "none of the above" on others.

    But mostly I'm a centrist because I don't usually support extreme views or policies as I don't feel they serve the greater good of the citizenry.



    Would it be so hard to add one more poll option for those who view themselves as something 'other' than left or right?
    I respect you being a centrist, though i'd suspect that you still have some lean even if its not extreme as you say. But if I put "other" into the poll its not useful info for me-and if I ask for clarification everyone says something along the likes of "it depends" so Im not left with any useful info in my interpretation of the data, and what Im really looking for (for me) are the differences. Most people probably are centrists but since they still have a lean I word my polls like this.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I have no idea if justice was served or not. I did not witness the event.
    Dodge ball, huh?

  6. #36
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Dodge ball, huh?
    I have lots of opinions that are fermenting. If you think justice was served, for whom and at whose expense?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Justice cannot and will not exist in this case. You can partly blame the media, the politics of the matter, the spectacle some in Ferguson have made of themselves, the threats all the way around, the losses all the way around, etc... but the last thing that can ever be associated with this case in any regard is the word justice.
    This is pathetic nonsense.

    Justice was served.

    Now it is time to put down the rabid dogs who burned and rioted. I think we should begin with the left-media who fanned the flames. We need to add in the race-baiters. And then we need to go after the rioters and the ones who set fire to buildings. When the last one is fined and jailed with those who lost their property restored by a hefty tax on liberals, progressives, national socialists, international socialists, the attorney general, and the Father of Lies, then, and only then will justice be served a second time.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I have lots of opinions that are fermenting. If you think justice was served, for whom and at whose expense?
    The town of Furgeson got justice in its grand jury decision.

    The ones who lost property to looters must now have their justice.


    I propose we tax every self-proclaimed Progressive, liberal, ...authoritarian statist, including the Father of Lies and the attorney general until everyone has their property rebuilt.

  9. #39
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The town of Furgeson got justice in its grand jury decision.

    The ones who lost property to looters must now have their justice.


    I propose we tax every self-proclaimed Progressive, liberal, ...authoritarian statist, including the Father of Lies and the attorney general until everyone has their property rebuilt.
    propose anything you want--it is as meaningless as your broad rhetoric. A city exists of a lot of people and certainly not everyone landed in the "We got justice" camp.

  10. #40
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Was justice served in Ferguson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    This is pathetic nonsense.

    Justice was served.

    Now it is time to put down the rabid dogs who burned and rioted. I think we should begin with the left-media who fanned the flames. We need to add in the race-baiters. And then we need to go after the rioters and the ones who set fire to buildings. When the last one is fined and jailed with those who lost their property restored by a hefty tax on liberals, progressives, national socialists, international socialists, the attorney general, and the Father of Lies, then, and only then will justice be served a second time.
    When you are ready to think things through let me know, until then run around in rhetoric without any real sense of reality.

    But before we even get into why, you'll need to get past the "put down the rabid dogs" bit and quit overplaying your prejudice hand.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •