View Poll Results: Could you deport them personally or not?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think I could do it.

    31 51.67%
  • No, I don't think I could.

    29 48.33%
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 383

Thread: Deportation Question.

  1. #251
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Right, in the case when the INS is deporting the parents back to the place they came from, where children are not safe, and yet you're claiming that the parents aren't acting in the best interests of their yet unborn children by moving from that same place where children aren't safe.


    Again, your syllogisms are based on false assumptions, thus your conclusions are untrue.

    I've highlighted in red one of your invalid assumptions.

    And, where the illegal parents came from is not necessarily the region in that country where they choose to return.

    Your assumption that the illegal aliens always or usually come from a place where they'll be returning that would be considered by CPS to be unsafe-unacceptable to U.S. citizen children is simply false; you have no knowledge of the "always or usually" circumstances from which they came.

    But your bottom line of your argument here is simply to excuse the illegal aliens crimes based on your albeit false assumption that illegal aliens are always coming from a place that's unacceptable-unsafe to CPS for U.S. citizen children.



    Again, not an excuse to commit crime.

    The overwhelming vast majority of those in similar socioeconomic-geopolitical situations to the very tiny fragment of those who choose to become criminals and steal from Americans simply do not choose to become such criminals.

    The illegal aliens in the situation you imagine could have applied for asylum .. or, like the vast majority of their fellow countrymen, they could have stayed and worked for change.

    CPS doesn't reach in and extract children out of poverty enclaves in America.

    I think you exaggerate in imagining what CPS will deem unacceptable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    OK, here's the post I quoted: Not so, according to your previous post.
    Again, please read more carefully.

    I clearly said that the illegal alien parents get first choice. And, they do -- that's a fact.

    If they choose to leave their children here, that's their choice.

    Only if they choose to take their kids with them does CPS get involved for U.S. citizen children to insure they'll be living in safe-acceptable circumstances.

    Stop misquoting me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Sure, the government looked the other way while they came here to work, and the all knowing and wise government knows best what to do with the children who were born in the interim between coming here and being sent back home. You have a lot more faith in government than I do.
    I have faith that CPS will do what's best for the children, because that's their job.

    Your typical libertarian "big bad government" meme you display here is simply that.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  2. #252
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post


    Again, your syllogisms are based on false assumptions, thus your conclusions are untrue.

    I've highlighted in red one of your invalid assumptions.

    And, where the illegal parents came from is not necessarily the region in that country where they choose to return.

    Your assumption that the illegal aliens always or usually come from a place where they'll be returning that would be considered by CPS to be unsafe-unacceptable to U.S. citizen children is simply false; you have no knowledge of the "always or usually" circumstances from which they came.

    But your bottom line of your argument here is simply to excuse the illegal aliens crimes based on your albeit false assumption that illegal aliens are always coming from a place that's unacceptable-unsafe to CPS for U.S. citizen children.



    Again, not an excuse to commit crime.

    The overwhelming vast majority of those in similar socioeconomic-geopolitical situations to the very tiny fragment of those who choose to become criminals and steal from Americans simply do not choose to become such criminals.

    The illegal aliens in the situation you imagine could have applied for asylum .. or, like the vast majority of their fellow countrymen, they could have stayed and worked for change.

    CPS doesn't reach in and extract children out of poverty enclaves in America.

    I think you exaggerate in imagining what CPS will deem unacceptable.



    Again, please read more carefully.

    I clearly said that the illegal alien parents get first choice. And, they do -- that's a fact.

    If they choose to leave their children here, that's their choice.

    Only if they choose to take their kids with them does CPS get involved for U.S. citizen children to insure they'll be living in safe-acceptable circumstances.

    Stop misquoting me.



    I have faith that CPS will do what's best for the children, because that's their job.

    Your typical libertarian "big bad government" meme you display here is simply that.
    you're the one who posted the statement:

    parents couldn't find a safe-acceptable place from CPS's perspective
    Which would have been the same place from where they had originally fled, of course.

    So, my assumption is quite correct.

    Now, to the assumption I've highlighted in red, that's not always the case, at least not according to your previous posts.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Current laws are not difficult to enforce at all. Nobody says 12 million people need to be rounded up and deported. I don't know of any law that calls for that kind of action. In fact, I don't think I've heard any politician call for that to happen. But...the fact is, unless one has political ulterior motives...such as Obama has...there really is no reason at all NOT to enforce the laws.
    If 12 million people are in the USA illegally then the law says that all 12 million should be deported. You either believe in allowing some de facto exceptions to universal enforcement or you don't.

  4. #254
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    If 12 million people are in the USA illegally then the law says that all 12 million should be deported. You either believe in allowing exceptions or you don't.
    That's not what is being said in the post you quoted. No one is suggesting they can all be rounded up and deported en masse. The time for exceptions is when they come here, not after they've already jumped the border.

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    .... Im loathe to punish employers for hiring people. Punish the people who snuck in, not the people who are just trying to run a business.
    Why?

    The people who hire illegal aliens provide an incentive to immigrate illegally, and profit and gain advantage over their law-abiding competitors by paying lower wages to illegal immigrants that they can with legal residents. If anyone is causing harm to our workers it is the businesses that profit from the cheap labor they obtain by exploiting illegal aliens.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's not what is being said in the post you quoted. No one is suggesting they can all be rounded up and deported en masse. The time for exceptions is when they come here, not after they've already jumped the border.
    Those who say they want the existing laws enforced are calling for the deportation of all of them since that is the current law.

    If you don't want to deport all 12 million, what do you want to do? What is the plan?

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Those who say they want the existing laws enforced are calling for the deportation of all of them since that is the current law.

    If you don't want to deport all 12 million, what do you want to do? What is the plan?
    Establish and enforce laws against employers.
    Establish and enforce laws against states, cities, counties, and towns giving illegal aliens welfare benefits.
    Establish and enforce laws against states giving illegals any forms of identity including drivers licenses.
    Illegals will walk out the way they walked in.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,833

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    If 12 million people are in the USA illegally then the law says that all 12 million should be deported. You either believe in allowing some de facto exceptions to universal enforcement or you don't.
    Again...I know of no law that says we have to round up and deport 12 million people.

    But there are ways...within current immigration laws to get rid of those people.

    1. If someone is discovered and if they are an illegal alien...deport them...especially those who flaunt their illegal status.
    2. Strictly enforce laws that forbid illegal aliens from working. Illegal aliens who cannot earn money will not stay.
    3. Enforce laws that forbid illegal aliens from benefiting from social benefits.
    4. Allow no exceptions from the law.

    If we remove the incentives for people who are living in this country illegally, they will self-deport. If we increase border security, we will reduce the number of people able to enter illegally. The result: That 12 million rapidly reduces to a much lower number. And we won't have to send out the goon squads to raid people's homes to do it.


    But our problem with illegal aliens is not about existing laws...it's about enforcement of the law. It all starts with the President. As long as we have a President who is not willing to enforce the law, it doesn't matter what laws we have to deal with illegal immigration. And, if we have a President who is willing to turn any number of illegal aliens into legal residents...in opposition to existing laws...then we have elected the wrong person to the job.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 11-26-14 at 04:13 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Establish and enforce laws against employers.
    Establish and enforce laws against states, cities, counties, and towns giving illegal aliens welfare benefits.
    Establish and enforce laws against states giving illegals any forms of identity including drivers licenses.
    Illegals will walk out the way they walked in.
    Which states, cities, counties, and towns give illegal aliens welfare benefits? I don't think there are any.

    FYI-drivers licenses for illegal aliens were given to reduce the number of alien drivers who did not necessarilly know the rules and did not pass any of the tests. The licenses specify that the person is not a legal resident.

  10. #260
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Deportation Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Those who say they want the existing laws enforced are calling for the deportation of all of them since that is the current law.

    If you don't want to deport all 12 million, what do you want to do? What is the plan?
    Again you misunderstand. Yes, they should ALL be deported. Just as ALL rapists should go to jail. We have to catch them first and sheer numbers prevent rounding them all up en masse and doing one huge deportation. The dodge by pro illegals is to say there are just to many of them to deport.

    The plan has been detailed in these threads many, many, many times before.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •