View Poll Results: Is assasination ever the right thing to do

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • In some cases assasination is right

    33 82.50%
  • assasination is never right EVER

    7 17.50%
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 223

Thread: Is assasination ever called for

  1. #181
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The discussion was how Hitler became chancellor and ultimately dictator, and the idea that he was somehow elected to these positions. You were the first to bring up anything before that.
    Right, because it's all part of the overall historical process. He wasn't just... *poof*... appointed Chancellor. No, there were events that led up to that and made it possible.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Cute choice of words. You've been shown repeatedly that he and the Nazi party weren't elected democratically, so instead you try to hold on to your position by saying he "rose to power in a democracy." Fact is though that even this rewording doesn't help you make the argument that he rose to power through any democratic process. If I said, "Joe committed murder in a country with law and order." that doesn't mean that Joe's crime was lawful, it still means that he broke the law and committed murder.
    Now you change it to he and the nazi party. Hitler was elected pres in a democracy the way I read it but I am not wedded to that, show me otherwise and I will gladly concede your point

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your red herring is fooling nobody. Not only has the purpose of your threads been obvious to anyone who has been watching your posting history, the fact that you're trying to hide it just shows how little integrity you have. Now, here are my comments on both the movie, effigies and trying to kill a US president:







    Now, what that said. Keep pretending people don't see the goals of your threads. You're fooling absolutely nobody.
    As I thought you freely discussed assassinating Bush in here but when I discuss assassinating hitler which you claim is code for assassinating Obama you have a panic attack. Get over it.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    As I thought you freely discussed assassinating Bush in here but when I discuss assassinating hitler which you claim is code for assassinating Obama you have a panic attack. Get over it.
    I... freely discussed the assassination of Bush? Ummm... I said I was opposed to anybody harming the president you dishonest partisan. The fact that you didn't even read what was said by me and are now trying to move away from the fact that your thread is a part of a long drawn argument on why assassinating Obama would be justified, is laughable. As I said, keep the dishonest up. It's fooling nobody. The fact that posters have already caught on to the purpose of the thread just makes you look even more dishonest.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #185
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Now you change it to he and the nazi party. Hitler was elected pres in a democracy the way I read it but I am not wedded to that, show me otherwise and I will gladly concede your point
    I changed nothing. You changed it from being "elected democratically" to "elected in a democracy" as if such coy wording protected your position in any way. It doesn't.

    He wasn't elected democratically, nor was he even elected in a democracy...period. When the German government was still a democracy Hitler was appointed Chancellor (ergo, not elected, and some extremely shady back door negotiations happened to make President Hindenburg appoint his opposition to the Chancellorship). When the Nazis were elected in 1933 the German government was officially a dictatorship because rounding up the opposition and throwing them in prison is something that happens in a dictatorship, not a democracy. There were no free and fair elections to ultimately bring Hitler and the Nazi Party into power, especially as Hitler had forced Hindenburg to freeze civil liberties. By the time the elections happened Hitler's reign of fear was already well in force.

    Whatever point you think Hitler being democratically elected helps you prove, it doesn't hold water and I would be astonished if there was a single historian to take your position.

  6. #186
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    As I thought you freely discussed assassinating Bush in here but when I discuss assassinating hitler which you claim is code for assassinating Obama you have a panic attack. Get over it.
    Your opinion on the equation between Obama and Hitler is well known, and combined with the timing of this thread it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out your primary intent.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I changed nothing. You changed it from being "elected democratically" to "elected in a democracy" as if such coy wording protected your position in any way. It doesn't.

    He wasn't elected democratically, nor was he even elected in a democracy...period. When the German government was still a democracy Hitler was appointed Chancellor (ergo, not elected, and some extremely shady back door negotiations happened to make President Hindenburg appoint his opposition to the Chancellorship). When the Nazis were elected in 1933 the German government was officially a dictatorship because rounding up the opposition and throwing them in prison is something that happens in a dictatorship, not a democracy. There were no free and fair elections to ultimately bring Hitler and the Nazi Party into power, especially as Hitler had forced Hindenburg to freeze civil liberties. By the time the elections happened Hitler's reign of fear was already well in force.

    Whatever point you think Hitler being democratically elected helps you prove, it doesn't hold water and I would be astonished if there was a single historian to take your position.
    I have no point to prove just an honest disagreement I think and a matter of semantics. English is not my first language and I was not allowed to speak it in my parents home so I may understand what I read differently than you.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Your opinion on the equation between Obama and Hitler is well known, and combined with the timing of this thread it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out your primary intent.
    Not you too. Paranoia is contagious I guess

  9. #189
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    I have no point to prove just an honest disagreement I think and a matter of semantics. English is not my first language and I was not allowed to speak it in my parents home so I may understand what I read differently than you.
    Very well. If this was an honest disagreement over the facts then I understand and accept.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 11-23-14 at 09:36 PM.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Is assasination ever called for

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I... freely discussed the assassination of Bush? Ummm... I said I was opposed to anybody harming the president you dishonest partisan. The fact that you didn't even read what was said by me and are now trying to move away from the fact that your thread is a part of a long drawn argument on why assassinating Obama would be justified, is laughable. As I said, keep the dishonest up. It's fooling nobody. The fact that posters have already caught on to the purpose of the thread just makes you look even more dishonest.
    I have noticed that liberals always want to talk about each other rather than the subject. I find it womanly behavior.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •