View Poll Results: Is Obama breaking the law?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, by his own words he is breaking the law

    45 46.88%
  • No, perfectly legal

    22 22.92%
  • Doing same as Regan and Bush did

    17 17.71%
  • Not sure

    3 3.13%
  • Dont care

    3 3.13%
  • Go Fish

    6 6.25%
Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 697

Thread: Obama's Executive Order[W:265]

  1. #601
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,781

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    You already know and have rejected his violations of the Constitution.
    You have presented none.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #602
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have presented none.
    Right. And none have been presented. Those who love their authoritarian statists can see no evil, hear no evil but frequently demand of others to prove that evil occurred.

    He voided the Constitution. Why is it that you relish so much the evil politician who finds a way to rule against the will and consent of the governed? Why are all authoritarian statist like you in this regard?

  3. #603
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,881

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    He voided the Constitution.
    This has been a fun line that you've regurgitated numerous times, but it's pretty much utter nonsense.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #604
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This has been a fun line that you've regurgitated numerous times, but it's pretty much utter nonsense.
    I understand authoritarian statist greatly enjoy it when their politician finds a way to subvert the Constitution and to rule against the will of the citizens. I believe that none of you like this country as it was founded. Consent of the governed requires work. Those on your side love to shop for judges who will overturn the will of the citizens. Last time it was for the 2% of the population that is homosexual.

    This time it is an executive order that will cost the citizens tens of billions in additional taxes, will cost the lives of citizens subjected to illegal alien felons and third world children walking among our children with diseases we long ago defeated. This sets the stage for one party rule, a loss of the American culture and our language. The traitor behaved as a conqueror on behalf of the invading aliens and not as a president. The coup plotters won and the federal government is in enemy hands.

  5. #605
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,881

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I understand authoritarian statist greatly enjoy it when their politician finds a way to subvert the Constitution and to rule against the will of the citizens. I believe that none of you like this country as it was founded. Consent of the governed requires work. Those on your side love to shop for judges who will overturn the will of the citizens. Last time it was for the 2% of the population that is homosexual.

    This time it is an executive order that will cost the citizens tens of billions in additional taxes, will cost the lives of citizens subjected to illegal alien felons and third world children walking among our children with diseases we long ago defeated. This sets the stage for one party rule, a loss of the American culture and our language. The traitor behaved as a conqueror on behalf of the invading aliens and not as a president. The coup plotters won and the federal government is in enemy hands.
    Okay.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #606
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,781

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Right. And none have been presented.
    So what besides reality is stopping you?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what besides reality is stopping you?
    I suppose I should have marked that as sarcasm. He voided the Constitution. This is not something you are likely to think is important.

  8. #608
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post

    He voided the Constitution.
    I think that all depends on how the 1986 law was written. What leeway it gave the president to execute that law. I don't know the answer to that. I am too lazy to look it up and read the law to find out.

    I think all the commotion here is about this congress, the intent of this congress and not the one who passed the law back in 1986. The problem there is this congress intent is worthless, it is what the 1986 law states that counts. What authority did it give to a president to enforce what was written back then.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #609
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think that all depends on how the 1986 law was written. What leeway it gave the president to execute that law. I don't know the answer to that. I am too lazy to look it up and read the law to find out.

    I think all the commotion here is about this congress, the intent of this congress and not the one who passed the law back in 1986. The problem there is this congress intent is worthless, it is what the 1986 law states that counts. What authority did it give to a president to enforce what was written back then.
    He found a way to rule against the will of the American citizen. The authoritarian statists applaud him. I think impeachment must end this or the nation will fall. At this point I do not see anything that can prevent it short of an Article V convention of states.

  10. #610
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,781

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I suppose I should have marked that as sarcasm. He voided the Constitution. This is not something you are likely to think is important.
    I have no idea what that even means and apparently you do not either. I happen to think the Consitution is damn important and have done so for the last forty years during the dramatic build up of the Executive Branch under almost every president who has held the office and with the cooperation of Congress who seemed more than happy to go along.

    So you and others are in the position of the Claud Raines character in CASABLANCA who tries to look shocked as he collects his winnings only to proclaim his shock that he has just learned there is gambling going on there and he must close Rick's Cafe American down.

    I am very glad to see the radical right and the loonies in politics talk about impeachment. Go for it. Nothing the GOP could do over the next year would make them look any worse than that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •