View Poll Results: Is Obama breaking the law?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, by his own words he is breaking the law

    45 46.88%
  • No, perfectly legal

    22 22.92%
  • Doing same as Regan and Bush did

    17 17.71%
  • Not sure

    3 3.13%
  • Dont care

    3 3.13%
  • Go Fish

    6 6.25%
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 697

Thread: Obama's Executive Order[W:265]

  1. #11
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    My understanding is that Reagan and Bush worked with congress to correct flaws which adversely affected families that were granted amnesty by congress in 1986. Obama has never worked with congress. He's a terrible president.
    If they had truly "worked with Congress to correct flaws" then congress would have passed new laws to correct those flaws, making the EO unnecessary and irrelevant.

    The fact is, that after the immigration reform act was passed in 1986, Congress passed nothing to fix those flaws, which is why both Reagan and bush* issued EO's
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Has he made the announcement yet? Have the details been released?

    I guess I missed that if he has.


    I disagree with the very principle of what is proposed but disagreeing is one thing and illegal is quite another. Let me see the details and then I'll let you know if I think it's illegal.


    Didn't a Senior WH Official Leak BO's 10 step plan a few days ago?


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/immigr...ec-action.html

  3. #13
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Has he made the announcement yet? Have the details been released?

    I guess I missed that if he has.


    I disagree with the very principle of what is proposed but disagreeing is one thing and illegal is quite another. Let me see the details and then I'll let you know if I think it's illegal.
    That is kinda one of my two points I was trying to subtly make. No executive order was specified, and since the one on immigration that is so a source of conversation has not been made yet, it is impossible to judge it's lawfulness.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Who cares?

    Legal or not, he (and whomever takes over after him) will leave the country worse then when they started. And the fault lies entirely with the voters - no one else.

    American voters are arrogant and generally ignorant...a horrible combination. They (as a whole) don't understand politics, the world or macroeconomics. And ever since 9/11, they have (again, as a whole) turned into cowards - spineless ignoramuses who believe they are neither.

    All empires end...the Sun is starting to set on this one.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Who cares?

    Legal or not, he (and whomever takes over after him) will leave the country worse then when they started. And the fault lies entirely with the voters - no one else.

    American voters are arrogant and generally ignorant...a horrible combination. They (as a whole) don't understand politics, the world or macroeconomics. And ever since 9/11, they have (again, as a whole) turned into cowards - spineless ignoramuses who believe they are neither.

    All empires end...the Sun is starting to set on this one.
    I heard all this same **** back in the 60s, and it was old then. The fading is taking a long ****ing time...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    But while presidents unquestionably have the power to exercise immigration enforcement discretion in order to further foreign policy or humanitarian goals, what they do not have the power to do is functionally rewrite U.S. immigration law, which is exactly what Obama's impending executive action on immigration would do.

    The past incidents listed above were all in response to specific humanitarian crises or foreign policy events. They all were narrowly tailored to help specific subsets of immigrants. Obama's impending executive action is the exact opposite. He is planning on giving work permits, Social Security numbers, and drivers licenses to as many as 8 million illegal immigrants. This is not narrow humanitarian relief. This is a flagrant attempt to get around Congress's exclusive Article I power "to establish a uniform rule of naturalization."

    Obama is the first president in the history of the United States to abuse his executive prosecutorial discretion powers in this manner. Because no president has abused this power on this scale before, there is no case law that details the scope of a president's prosecutorial discretion. But just because the case law isn't there yet, doesn't mean there are no limits to Obama's power......snip~

    The Official White House Talking Points for Obama's Amnesty - Conn Carroll
    Clown Hall is calling it amnesty; they're full of ****.


  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I heard all this same **** back in the 60s, and it was old then. The fading is taking a long ****ing time...
    I am not responsible for what you heard in the 60's. Up until about '01 (before 9/11), I thought America had a generally bright future.

    If you want to believe America is on the right path, go ahead.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Clown Hall is calling it amnesty; they're full of ****.
    Looking to play off of terminology again, is that what Media Matters teaches with Daily Kos and that Demo Underground? (Rhetorical question) Look up what Turley stated.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Clown Hall is calling it amnesty; they're full of ****.
    Deportation is the fundamental punishment for illegal aliens, even without considering restitution they need to make for their crimes, and the imprisonment they deserve (which we're incapable of so we just send them back).

    If deportation is suspended, if the sentence is suspended, that's a pardoning act of amnesty.

    It's really clear as a bell.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama's Executive Order

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I am not responsible for what you heard in the 60's. Up until about '01 (before 9/11), I thought America had a generally bright future.

    If you want to believe America is on the right path, go ahead.
    You miss the point. There are people, always, who think that when things are done they are not personally hapy with, it means that the "Sun is starting to set" on the US. It is hysteria, nothing more.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •