View Poll Results: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heklping, being prudent

    19 65.52%
  • Hurting, making it worse

    4 13.79%
  • Not sure, can't decide

    4 13.79%
  • Other

    2 6.90%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

  1. #81
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm asking you to pick one.
    And I'm TELLING you to take your choice. You can dispel any one of them or all 48. Have at it.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  2. #82
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    And I'm TELLING you to take your choice. You can dispel any one of them or all 48. Have at it.
    Ah.

    Ok then:
    Blacks have the right to take pride in their race. Whites don't.
    This is incorrect.

    Black and white persons have equal right to take pride in their race, so long as they do not denigrate other races while doing so.

    There's no problem with thinking you're great, so long as you don't add in thinking that everyone else sucks along with it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #83
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Ah.

    Ok then:
    This is incorrect.

    Black and white persons have equal right to take pride in their race, so long as they do not denigrate other races while doing so.

    There's no problem with thinking you're great, so long as you don't add in thinking that everyone else sucks along with it.
    I have always had tendency to brag that my favorite college team, Arkansas, were the national champions in 1964. As the ONLY undefeated, untied team in the nation that year, they were proclaimed the post bowl national champs. Number one Alabama lost to an Arkansas victim, Texas, in the Orange bowl.

    What I hear back is they were not nearly as good as even the 1999 Arkansas team, a squad which finished with a record of 8-4. Logic? The 1964 team was ALL WHITE. No blacks. Well Grambling was all black and they damn sure wouldn't have beaten Arkansas, Texas or Alabama in 1964.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  4. #84
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    I have always had tendency to brag that my favorite college team, Arkansas, were the national champions in 1964. As the ONLY undefeated, untied team in the nation that year, they were proclaimed the post bowl national champs. Number one Alabama lost to an Arkansas victim, Texas, in the Orange bowl.

    What I hear back is they were not nearly as good as even the 1999 Arkansas team, a squad which finished with a record of 8-4. Logic? The 1964 team was ALL WHITE. No blacks. Well Grambling was all black and they damn sure wouldn't have beaten Arkansas, Texas or Alabama in 1964.
    Uhh...

    None of that makes much sense to me

    But neither does it disprove my point in any way.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #85
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Uhh...

    None of that makes much sense to me

    But neither does it disprove my point in any way.
    You had no point. So I'll explain it to you. White men can't jump (play football). So you can't be proud of them for their accomplishments back when blacks played football at all black colleges and not white universities. So don't brag on them white guys.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  6. #86
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    You had no point. So I'll explain it to you. White men can't jump (play football). So you can't be proud of them for their accomplishments back when blacks played football at all black colleges and not white universities. So don't brag on them white guys.
    Says who?

    I mean, personally I don't really follow sports, let alone sports from 2 decades before I even existed.

    But still, who says you can't celebrate a good sports season?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is MO Gov Jay Nixon helping or hurting the situation...

    No idea, but it's probably politically prudent.

    If he didn't and there are huge riots, he will get blamed.

    If he does and they don't riot, he can say (rightly or wrongly) that his actions helped.

    If he does and they riot, then he can claim he guessed it right.

    Can you imagine the political blood on his hands if he does nothing, they riot and lots of innocent people are killed?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •