View Poll Results: Ferguson MO Grand jury decision readiness.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they place will explode

    13 65.00%
  • Yes, all parties will peacfully accept the finding

    0 0%
  • No, its just a time consuming process

    4 20.00%
  • No, but the govenor loves sabre rattling

    3 15.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Ferguson MO??

  1. #21
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    I don't think the grand jury is just sitting there playing on their phones waiting for the government to tell them it's okay to give their decision.

    I do think the local government probably is happy that the grand jury process is taking so long, and they do probably want it to take a long time. They are still presenting evidence to be weighed, and they are presenting everything to see if charges should even be filed against the officer... but then, that's as it should be.

    I do think the local government probably is happy that the grand jury process is not open to the public, so it got them out of the news every day.


    Until we get the evidence presented as a matter of public record, there will be no way to discern if the grand jury made the correct decision in pressing charges or not pressing charges.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Not much for poll options here. The place isnt going to explode, and all parties are not going to be happy. Two extremes are not the only real options there if they are withholding a verdict.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Not much for poll options here. The place isnt going to explode, and all parties are not going to be happy. Two extremes are not the only real options there if they are withholding a verdict.
    Those are you options, and to be honest that is all that is going to happen. Either complete calm or violence.

  4. #24
    User 1ToughSOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    11-17-14 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Two fists, enormous size. Those are weapons.
    Let's entertain that for a second

    taser's, pepper spray and police baton's easily subdue a suspect combating the police
    who happen to resist arrest or detainment

    Now my question is what justified the officer in stopping this kid in the first place?
    if it was to harass!!! then the officer or officers need to lose their jobs, if the situation
    was? cause they spotted him in the commission of a crime or in the process of fleeing
    from a committed crime

    then the officer/officers are justified to pursue the suspect and bring him to detainment

    scenario 2 - the only time law enforcement is allowed to use lethal force? is when the
    suspect has removed the service revolver of the officer, and has attempted to flee or is
    the process of using his/her own weapon against law enforcement

    if this kid was unarmed and he was shot the officer is guilty of crime plan and simple
    I speak my mind. If it offends some people, well, there's not much I can do about that. But I'm going to be honest. I'm going to continue to speak my mind, and that's who I am.

  5. #25
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ToughSOB View Post
    Let's entertain that for a second

    taser's, pepper spray and police baton's easily subdue a suspect combating the police
    who happen to resist arrest or detainment

    Now my question is what justified the officer in stopping this kid in the first place?
    if it was to harass!!! then the officer or officers need to lose their jobs, if the situation
    was? cause they spotted him in the commission of a crime or in the process of fleeing
    from a committed crime

    then the officer/officers are justified to pursue the suspect and bring him to detainment

    scenario 2 - the only time law enforcement is allowed to use lethal force? is when the
    suspect has removed the service revolver of the officer, and has attempted to flee or is
    the process of using his/her own weapon against law enforcement

    if this kid was unarmed and he was shot the officer is guilty of crime plan and simple
    Oh lord. When you come in here late to the game, of course you're going to have lots of questions and be full to the brim with what you think are new and significant points. Here's a tip: you've brought nothing new to the table except to parrot long answered and thoroughly debated questions.

    The forum has a search function. Try using it and read up. Educate yourself first.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ToughSOB View Post
    Let's entertain that for a second

    taser's, pepper spray and police baton's easily subdue a suspect combating the police
    who happen to resist arrest or detainment

    Now my question is what justified the officer in stopping this kid in the first place?
    if it was to harass!!! then the officer or officers need to lose their jobs, if the situation
    was? cause they spotted him in the commission of a crime or in the process of fleeing
    from a committed crime

    then the officer/officers are justified to pursue the suspect and bring him to detainment

    scenario 2 - the only time law enforcement is allowed to use lethal force? is when the
    suspect has removed the service revolver of the officer, and has attempted to flee or is
    the process of using his/her own weapon against law enforcement

    if this kid was unarmed and he was shot the officer is guilty of crime plan and simple
    There is also a disparity of size. No officer is expected to take a beating by a much larger person.
    And ordering someone out of the street is not harassment.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ToughSOB View Post
    Let's entertain that for a second

    taser's, pepper spray and police baton's easily subdue a suspect combating the police
    who happen to resist arrest or detainment

    Now my question is what justified the officer in stopping this kid in the first place?
    if it was to harass!!! then the officer or officers need to lose their jobs, if the situation
    was? cause they spotted him in the commission of a crime or in the process of fleeing
    from a committed crime

    then the officer/officers are justified to pursue the suspect and bring him to detainment

    scenario 2 - the only time law enforcement is allowed to use lethal force? is when the
    suspect has removed the service revolver of the officer, and has attempted to flee or is
    the process of using his/her own weapon against law enforcement

    if this kid was unarmed and he was shot the officer is guilty of crime plan and simple
    Cop hate much?

  8. #28
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Those are you options, and to be honest that is all that is going to happen. Either complete calm or violence.
    there are varying degrees of violence. Not just the place will explode or nothing will happen.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #29
    User 1ToughSOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    11-17-14 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Oh lord. When you come in here late to the game, of course you're going to have lots of questions and be full to the brim with what you think are new and significant points. Here's a tip: you've brought nothing new to the table except to parrot long answered and thoroughly debated questions.

    The forum has a search function. Try using it and read up. Educate yourself first.
    I maybe late to this particular discussion on this particular forum...but it doesn't
    mean I am less educated on a subject, and the fact is no law enforcement officer
    has a right to shoot or kill a unarmed man

    cause then if that is the case? then the next guy brought in for shooting
    a homeless man, or killing a child should receive a slap on the wrist
    I speak my mind. If it offends some people, well, there's not much I can do about that. But I'm going to be honest. I'm going to continue to speak my mind, and that's who I am.

  10. #30
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson MO??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ToughSOB View Post
    I maybe late to this particular discussion on this particular forum...but it doesn't
    mean I am less educated on a subject, and the fact is no law enforcement officer
    has a right to shoot or kill a unarmed man
    From the questions you're asking and your apparent lack of accurate information, yes, that's precisely what it means.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ToughSOB View Post
    cause then if that is the case? then the next guy brought in for shooting
    a homeless man, or killing a child should receive a slap on the wrist
    And now you're just doubling down on the newbie to the discussion thing. If you need help with that search function, just let us know.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •