View Poll Results: Was liberalism rejected in the mid term elections?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    21 26.25%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    13 16.25%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    3 3.75%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    36 45.00%
  • Im a not American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im a not American, no.

    7 8.75%
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 504

Thread: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I do enjoy a good horror movie once in awhile. Listening to the Tea Party reminds me that there really is true evil on this planet.
    Interesting.

  2. #282
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I don't want either party to continue on, but the Tea Party is the best gift the conservatives have given to democrats in a generation.
    It seems odd to me how much hate I see for the "Tea Party".

    Perhaps it's just because I don't pay that much attention to em, but why are they so disliked?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I do enjoy a good horror movie once in awhile. Listening to the Tea Party reminds me that there really is true evil on this planet.
    You think the TEA party is evil eh?

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It seems odd to me how much hate I see for the "Tea Party".

    Perhaps it's just because I don't pay that much attention to em, but why are they so disliked?
    Like Sarah Palin, they appear to drive the left crazy. I dont get it.

  5. #285
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its ironic to me that the welfare state keeps women home barefoot and dependent.
    Again...why go and and work when you can have babies by an assortment of men, stay home, watch the soaps on their big screen HDs, buy junior his new Michael Jordans, and live off us stupid taxpayers while we're out there supporting her? And they're losers...not loosers, although they, in fact, are pretty damned loose with their morality.
    Liberalism—dividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  6. #286
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Except the facts do add up to my conclusions though. The war on poverty has been a failure particularly if you consider the unimaginable amount of money that has been spent over the last two generations. There is still massive, crushing poverty in virtually every major city. And the people trapped on these violent, drug infested liberal plantations have very little hope of ever escaping. Add in the squeezing of the middle class and the leftist welfare state can only be objectively viewed as a total failure.
    Good grief... this poverty?

    Understanding Poverty in the United States: Poverty USA

    80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
    92 percent of poor households have a microwave.
    Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
    Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
    Two-thirds have at least one DVD player, and 70 percent have a VCR.
    Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers.
    More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
    43 percent have Internet access.
    One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
    One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo.
    96 percent of poor parents stated that their children were never hungry at any time during the year because they could not afford food.
    83 percent of poor families reported having enough food to eat.
    82 percent of poor adults reported never being hungry at any time in the prior year due to lack of money for food.
    Over the course of a year, 4 percent of poor persons become temporarily homeless.
    Only 9.5 percent of the poor live in mobile homes or trailers, 49.5 percent live in separate single-family houses or townhouses, and 40 percent live in apartments.
    42 percent of poor households actually own their own homes.
    Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
    The average poor American has more living space than the typical non-poor person in Sweden, France, or the United Kingdom.
    The vast majority of the homes or apartments of the poor are in good repair.




    Yep... poverty. Definitely.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-10-14 at 01:52 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #287
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    Again...why go and and work when you can have babies by an assortment of men, stay home, watch the soaps on their big screen HDs, buy junior his new Michael Jordans, and live off us stupid taxpayers while we're out there supporting her? And they're losers...not loosers, although they, in fact, are pretty damned loose with their morality.
    There are things that need to be tightened up, and there are people who abuse the intent of the system, but seriously this stereotype is just plain ignorant. It's not, in any way, the life of luxury that you're spinning here.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #288
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The left has been wrong about them before. If they want the democrat party to continue on, they'd be wise not to ignore anything.
    Locally, as dems, we're thinking of actually coordinating with the Tea Party around pot legalization. Just started talking about it. We're hoping there will be a proposition on the ballot in 2016 and that might be something we can team up on.

  9. #289
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    Again...why go and and work when you can have babies by an assortment of men, stay home, watch the soaps on their big screen HDs, buy junior his new Michael Jordans, and live off us stupid taxpayers while we're out there supporting her? And they're losers...not loosers, although they, in fact, are pretty damned loose with their morality.
    So much wrong with that. But not the subject of this thread.

  10. #290
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That's not what I asked, but it does lead to another question though. What agenda does she have that is going to blow through the door?
    What does she have to offer... She knows what she's doing. She's experienced with the ways of the White House, and I don't know what her agenda will be. I'm sure health care will be on the list, and as I said, I think she's just gonna blow her agenda into congress and probably bully her way through.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •