View Poll Results: Was liberalism rejected in the mid term elections?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    21 26.25%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    13 16.25%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    3 3.75%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    36 45.00%
  • Im a not American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im a not American, no.

    7 8.75%
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 504

Thread: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

  1. #241
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,044

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Give it up, you lost we won. Liberalism was repudiated, Obama's liberal policies were puked up in the toilet all over the country and in every category. Now do you get it?
    Just as I thought. You can't clarify how Obama's "liberal policies have failed" because you have absolutely no idea yourself, just as you have no idea why the Senate changed hands on Tuesday. That's what you get for listening to am radio: you're bombarded by a peppering of buzz words, but you receive no comprehension in the bargain. The price you'll pay for this is Republicans will lose congress again, they won't get their guy elected president, and you'll just be left standing there, saying, "Wha? What happened?"

  2. #242
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    It was a bad night for dems and dem policies. Exit polls show Americans were not happy with the left.
    Those who were happy with the economy voted for the democrats and those who were unhappy with the economy voted for the GOP. People are not embracing conservatism and rejecting liberalism so much as they seeking something different. If the GOP does not deliver something meaningful for struggling families, they will be tossed out in 2016. It is the unfortunate choice in a two-party system that you do not have any meaningful choices.

  3. #243
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    No.

    People voted decidedly liberal on ballot initiatives. Several states -- even ones traditionally thought of as being quite red -- voted in favor of minimum wage increases, paid sick leave, marijuana legalization, and gun control. Meanwhile, they also voted against personhood amendments.

    Liberal policy is obviously still quite popular. What isn't popular is the leadership of the Democratic party, and Obama especially. Policy and performance are two different things.

    Republicans capitalized on that. Rather than being too forward with their own proposals (which would have obviously ran afoul of the many liberal policies most Americans still support), they ran as simply "not Democrats." That way, they could avoid talking about policy, and just focus on performance. I suppose that's a rather intelligent strategy, given that Republicans aren't terribly popular either -- just slightly more so than Democrats, at this particular moment.
    exactly! well-said. I forgot to bring up the defeat of the personhood amendments earlier; thanks!

  4. #244
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Sense when were liberal about jobs?
    America gained economical advantage by the added capacity of having women who remained in the workplace. It wasn't liberalism that wanted (and still wants) women barefoot and pregnant with their 8th child instead of working.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Just as I thought. You can't clarify how Obama's "liberal policies have failed" because you have absolutely no idea yourself, just as you have no idea why the Senate changed hands on Tuesday. That's what you get for listening to am radio: you're bombarded by a peppering of buzz words, but you receive no comprehension in the bargain. The price you'll pay for this is Republicans will lose congress again, they won't get their guy elected president, and you'll just be left standing there, saying, "Wha? What happened?"
    You are a poor loser and in denial, typical of a liberal. A liberal never takes responsibility for anything even losing when Obama called it a shellacking and now the atom bomb went off on Obama's and his fellow liberals policies such as you were totally rejected. Let me make it clear in terms you can understand. YOU'RE A LOOSER.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #246
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    America gained economical advantage by the added capacity of having women who remained in the workplace. It wasn't liberalism that wanted (and still wants) women barefoot and pregnant with their 8th child instead of working.
    It's not are you kidding me. Liberals have never been about jobs, you liberals want everyone dependent on big daddy and all the free stuff. Your idea of helping the middle class is giving of free stuff, not a job. Liberals have never been about jobs and never will be.

    Have you not listened to the new GOP senate that will be sending to Obama jobs bills that he told dingy Harry to not bring up in the senate.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Those who were happy with the economy voted for the democrats and those who were unhappy with the economy voted for the GOP. People are not embracing conservatism and rejecting liberalism so much as they seeking something different. If the GOP does not deliver something meaningful for struggling families, they will be tossed out in 2016. It is the unfortunate choice in a two-party system that you do not have any meaningful choices.
    Well, 2016 is a different dynamic, its a presidential election. Also one without an incumbent.

    But in the mean time it appears the democrat party forgot bill Clintons comment- "Its the economy stupid!".
    Note that Im not calling you stupid.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    It's not are you kidding me. Liberals have never been about jobs, you liberals want everyone dependent on big daddy and all the free stuff. Your idea of helping the middle class is giving of free stuff, not a job. Liberals have never been about jobs and never will be.

    Have you not listened to the new GOP senate that will be sending to Obama jobs bills that he told dingy Harry to not bring up in the senate.
    From what I have noticed most liberal policies are about forcing their will on others. For example, minimum wage and forcing businesses to pay for sick leave is nothing but forcing other people to do what they think is right.

    What is sad is that they actually think they are morally superior to their opponents. They are nothing but a bunch of fools and tyrants

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    It's not are you kidding me. Liberals have never been about jobs, you liberals want everyone dependent on big daddy and all the free stuff. Your idea of helping the middle class is giving of free stuff, not a job. Liberals have never been about jobs and never will be.

    Have you not listened to the new GOP senate that will be sending to Obama jobs bills that he told dingy Harry to not bring up in the senate.
    Its ironic to me that the welfare state keeps women home barefoot and dependent.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Was liberalism rejected in the midterms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Those who were happy with the economy voted for the democrats and those who were unhappy with the economy voted for the GOP. People are not embracing conservatism and rejecting liberalism so much as they seeking something different. If the GOP does not deliver something meaningful for struggling families, they will be tossed out in 2016. It is the unfortunate choice in a two-party system that you do not have any meaningful choices.
    Does denial mean anything to you. Those that rejected the state of the economy rejected Obama's liberal policies. Period. But that was not all they rejected they rejected all of Obama's liberal policies. But you want to stand there and make believer it's not your liberal policies but some other factor. Yes you are in denial.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •