View Poll Results: How did the Libertarian Party do

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than expected

    6 18.75%
  • As expected

    16 50.00%
  • Worse than expected.

    10 31.25%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 122

Thread: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

  1. #81
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    How so is it not constitutional?

    And stick to my hypothetical which you quoted, and that is the banks.

    What would have happened if we gave the banks a middle finger? I could tell you, and it wouldn't be pretty, but I want to see if you can come up with a conclusion.
    do you see banks in the Constitution, do you see bailouts in the Constitution?

    so what your saying is banks are protected by government no matter how they run their operations.......they have to show no financial responsibility, because they are going to be taken care at any cost to the people.

  2. #82
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    do you see banks in the Constitution, do you see bailouts in the Constitution?

    so what your saying is banks are protected by government no matter how they run their operations.......they have to show no financial responsibility, because they are going to be taken care at any cost to the people.
    The constitution is a document aimed at limiting government and giving rights to the people, right?

    So is there anything in the constitution that limits government and says that the government cannot, in times of emergency, bail out certain industries and banks?

    And the cost to the people would have been multiplied had the banks not been bailed.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #83
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    The constitution is a document aimed at limiting government and giving rights to the people, right?

    So is there anything in the constitution that limits government and says that the government cannot, in times of emergency, bail out certain industries and banks?

    And the cost to the people would have been multiplied had the banks not been bailed.
    the Constitution is a limiting document on the federal government creating federalism.......it does not grant any rights to the people or powers to the states.

    since we have federalism, only those powers which are delegated in the Constitution are powers of the federal government , all other powers are RETAINED by the states.


    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    So is there anything in the constitution that limits government and says that the government cannot, in times of emergency, bail out certain industries and banks?
    That is not how the Constitution works at all. Everything that is listed as a power is something the government has the power to do, while everything that is not they do NOT have the power to do. If they were not given the power to bail out banks then they do not HAVE IT.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    In California alone, little more than half of a percent of those eligible to vote are registered Libertarians (Google CAs Secretary of State and you can find the Excel spreadsheet to download that testifies so). It's not really changed over the decades. Really, 'nuff said about the "chances" of the LP ever being a player.
    The LP has experienced steady and significant growth since it's inception in 1971. Fact Prove me otherwise.

    As to your oppositional defiance about women, your tendency to see non-libertarian women as "weak and dependent" is your own issue. So don't go wiping your sh!t onto me.
    Wow, talk about deflecting from your misogynist BS. Peg women as dependent, weak voters and then accuse me of saying as such. Your intellectual dishonesty knows no bounds...

    With regard to you being a woman and me being a man, that, in your opinion makes me "unqualified" to speak statistically on women, is, of course, pure nonsense. If you truly knew what appeals more to women and what doesn't you'd think twice about saying that the LP appeals to women as much as it does to men, as that's pure and common knowlege BS.
    It's not "pure nonsense." You, a man, are attempting to tell a woman how women think. The epitome of ignorance. Stop pretending like you know how we think, what we want, and what we look for in a political party. Because you have no ****ing clue and it shows.

    Your assumption that "pro-life" is male and "pro-choice" is female is, of course, preposterous, strongly indicating that you are out of touch with mainstream women.
    Poll: More voters, women are turning pro-choice | WashingtonExaminer.com

    You see, unlike you, I can back up the claims I make.

    The LP has simply not grown "immensely". That's laughable.
    The Libertarian Party grew from 4 angry voters in a basement to garnering over a million votes on a national level and having candidates represent us on nationally televised debates. i'd say that's immense growth, wouldn't you say?

    The libertarian philosophy is simply an extremist wing philosophy, a schizoid simultaneous left (social) and right (fiscal-economic) plotting on the traditional political spectrum. That's so absurdly extreme that libertarians had to invent their own spectrum ("the political compass") to spin legitimacy.
    You literally just admitted we're a centrist party. Tell us how we don't fit again? The political compass was not created by the LP to place itself on a political chart. It was created because one axis was not enough for many voters that hold views outside conventional thought. For example...social conservatives that are socialist. Or economically right social liberals. One axis isn't enough to accurately pin down the views of many people. Hence why alternative charts are pretty popular among those involved in politics outside of the election year(political nerds, so to speak). You can get a decent guess with left/right, but overall charts with with a Y and X axis are more accurate. Has nothing to do with extremism but rather simplicitly.

    Sadly, the census does not track specific party affiliation, and state secretaries don't track party affiliation by gender or age, so neither you nor I can prove our assertions about the percentage of women who are members of the Libertarian Party.
    Oh, how convienient. Make a grandiose claim that you can't back up.

    But I've done sample polling with women I've known who would seem to identify with libertarianism, and none of them were registered with the Libertarian Party. I think my "less than 10% of registered Libertarians are women" statement is likely true.
    Oh, you've done "sample polling." Is that right?

    The Libertarian Party appeals to young, white, single, childless male perspectives on life; the playboy philosophy. That's simply a fact. The reason the Libertarian Party will never be a player is because the young get older and mature, single people get married and love changes perspectives, they then have children, and boy will that change a person's attitude quickly.
    You are so full of ****. Some of the most influential libertarian thinkers were, in fact, old. The LP attracts alot of young voters but that is true of any party not stuck in the stone age on social issues. Democrats amd Greens also have a significant youth base. Even the GOP, as it becomes more moderate/libertarian, is also starting to see an increase on popularity among youth. That is until they put up Ken Cuccinelli types that want to make sodomy a felony. That doesn't really help.

    We also have a great deal of older men and women as well. In fact, despite our strong youth base, I'd still say most Libertarians are high up there in age. Just look at our candidates. You can't even run for President until you're 35 and we've put up a candidate every year since 1972.

    So the Libertarian Party is simply a transition party, which accounts for why today it simply isn't any more or less of a non-player political party than it ever was.
    Every party not Republican or Democrat is a "non-player" by your standards. That is because we have a two party system. As far as third parties go, the LP is the biggest and most influential. That is a fact. We came in 3rd place in 2012, have had several candidates represent us in nationally televised debate, have candidates running all over the country, and have a great deal of name recognition these days. That's pretty big for a third party.

    60 percent of women, according to Keirsey ("Please Understand Me II") are feelers over thinkers, with men the opposite 60 percent thinkers. This is the only temperament component of the four that shows a gender preference.
    So now you are claiming that women disfavor the LP because they are not thinkers.....

    Thus women are more apt to be communalists, and would find a "Justicerian" political party appealing.
    Meh. Not really.

    For a woman to identify with the playboy philosophy is .. noteworthy.


    Call the previous national chairman of the whole damn party a "trailblazer" then....

    And all the female candidates that ran this year.

    And all the female libertarians on this board.

    And the first female VP candidate to ever get an electoral vote.

    And, and, and, and.....

    That's reality, Telekat.
    The "reality" you couldn't statistically back up any part of.
    Last edited by TeleKat; 11-10-14 at 07:08 PM.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    The LP has experienced steady and significant growth since it's inception in 1971. Fact Prove me otherwise. Wow, talk about deflecting from your misogynist BS. Peg women as dependent, weak voters and then accuse me of saying as such. Your intellectual dishonesty knows no bounds... It's not "pure nonsense." You, a man, are attempting to tell a woman how women think. The epitome of ignorance. Stop pretending like you know how we think, what we want, and what we look for in a political party. Because you have no ****ing clue and it shows. Poll: More voters, women are turning pro-choice | WashingtonExaminer.com You see, unlike you, I can back up the claims I make. The Libertarian Party grew from 4 angry voters in a basement to garnering over a million votes on a national level and having candidates represent us on nationally televised debates. i'd say that's immense growth, wouldn't you say? You literally just admitted we're a centrist party. Tell us how we don't fit again? The political compass was not created by the LP to place itself on a political chart. It was created because one axis was not enough for many voters that hold views outside conventional thought. For example...social conservatives that are socialist. Or economically right social liberals. One axis isn't enough to accurately pin down the views of many people. Hence why alternative charts are pretty popular among those involved in politics outside of the election year(political nerds, so to speak). You can get a decent guess with left/right, but overall charts with with a Y and X axis are more accurate. Has nothing to do with extremism but rather simplicitly. Oh, how convienient. Make a grandiose claim that you can't back up. Oh, you've done "sample polling." Is that right? You are so full of ****. Some of the most influential libertarian thinkers were, in fact, old. The LP attracts alot of young voters but that is true of any party not stuck in the stone age on social issues. Democrats amd Greens also have a significant youth base. Even the GOP, as it becomes more moderate/libertarian, is also starting to see an increase on popularity among youth. That is until they put up Ken Cuccinelli types that want to make sodomy a felony. That doesn't really help. We also have a great deal of older men and women as well. In fact, despite our strong youth base, I'd still say most Libertarians are high up there in age. Just look at our candidates. You can't even run for President until you're 35 and we've put up a candidate every year since 1972. Every party not Republican or Democrat is a "non-player" by your standards. That is because we have a two party system. As far as third parties go, the LP is the biggest and most influential. That is a fact. We came in 3rd place in 2012, have had several candidates represent us in nationally televised debate, have candidates running all over the country, and have a great deal of name recognition these days. That's pretty big for a third party. So now you are claiming that women disfavor the LP because they are not thinkers..... Meh. Not really. Call the previous national chairman of the whole damn party a "trailblazer" then.... And all the female candidates that ran this year. And all the female libertarians on this board. And the first female VP candidate to ever get an electoral vote. And, and, and, and..... The "reality" you couldn't statistically back up any part of.


    dlnerrobei

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...post1061216315
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  7. #87
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Taking into account the massive resistance by the system against them, I would say they did quite well. Ballot access is an issue. It is tough when the two major opponents have months more of campaigning to do before the libertarian is not even on the ballot yet. Pile onto that lack of large donors like the major parties (not that I want them to get bought off like the other parties) causes a lack of ability to compete in advertising and campaigning. Finally, the media shutting them out of debates, and lack of knowledge all cause these numbers to drop. I think considering all the above, it was a good election for the party.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Wow, that's your response to my big ass post slamming you and your pathetic lies? You should have just not responded at all. It would have made you look a little better.

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Moderator's Warning:
    How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]Cut out the personal sniping, and debate the OP.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71

    Re: How did the Libertarian Party do this election?[W:89]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post

    The libertarian philosophy is simply an extremist wing philosophy, a schizoid simultaneous left (social) and right (fiscal-economic) plotting on the traditional political spectrum. That's so absurdly extreme that libertarians had to invent their own spectrum ("the political compass") to spin legitimacy.
    Actually libertarianism is the only ideology of the big three that is actually logical. Modern conservatism is especially illogical. How is small government ideology intrinsically compatible with social conservatism, when the latter implies a strong government role in regulating marriage, reproductive activities, adult media, alcohol and narcotics? And how is small government-fiscal conservatism philosophically compatible with strong militarism and a very aggressive foreign policy, especially when the latter implies loads of bureaucracy and big government spending? The Republican platform is a mash up of three different ideological parties (social conservatives/evangelist, chicken hawks, and fiscal conservatives) who formed an alliance many years ago to defeat Democrats, but the ideologies are very conflicting and incompatible. In the past, socially conservative and nationalistic regimes were always in support of big government, because you need lots of government to control peoples lives and to conduct large scale warfare. These were the monarchist, fascist and communist. Like those groups, Republicans also want war and want to control peoples lives, but want to do it with small government and unrestricted free market capitalism? That is completely "schizoid."

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •