View Poll Results: which ones are bigots?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • when Obama opposed SSM

    2 2.38%
  • when Republicans oppose SSM

    1 1.19%
  • both

    34 40.48%
  • neither

    47 55.95%
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 315

Thread: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

  1. #281
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Opposing SSM is not bigoted.

    There's nothing "bigoted" about having morals, ethics and standards.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  2. #282
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    I suggest you keep you self-serving "fag" comments to yourself, and quit playing the victim role.
    How is it self serving, so i can expose you for being hateful? You've already accomplished that on your own, whether you use that word or not. And what victim? Equal rights is happening regardless of any opposition on this forum, that's for sure

  3. #283
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    I have the preponderance of the evidence on my side.

    You have knee-jerk denial.
    No you don't. You have a bunch of dead people who said some things thousands of years ago, that was then changed by multiple other people, and then that you believe translates to a God thinking a certain way. That isn't facts or evidence.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #284
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Opposing SSM is not bigoted.

    There's nothing "bigoted" about having morals, ethics and standards.
    Since "morals, ethics and standards" are all subjective and something every single person on this planet has, that means those things have absolutely nothing to do with whether opposing ssm is bigoted.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #285
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,778

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Opposing SSM is not bigoted.

    There's nothing "bigoted" about having morals, ethics and standards.
    are you suggesting that peoples morals, ethics and standards cant be bigoted?
    that might be the on of the most dishonest and mentally inept suggestions i have ever heard

    the klan lynchg black people because of thier morals ethics and standards . . . . i didnt know until now it wasnt bigotry, thanks!!!!!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #286
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    links? proof? you have none
    You can't link to his proof, but when god shows up to bitch-slap the truth into you you'll know then, oh yes.



    Sorry...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #287
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Since "morals, ethics and standards" are all subjective and something every single person on this planet has, that means those things have absolutely nothing to do with whether opposing ssm is bigoted.
    I hope you don't really think that! IF that were the case, someone may come along and decide that it's morally etical and "okay" to kill gay people.

    But, you're probably right. I mean, that would never happen (Nazism, Communism). Women would never have acid thrown in thier face simply for showing thier faces (Islam). Women couldn't be gang-raped only to be killed by thier own fathers and brothers for "dishonoring" the family (Islam). Women wouldn't have thier genitals cut-off simply for being female (Islam). Women wouldn't be considered of the same value as dogs (India). New mothers wouldn't have thier breast cut-off so they couldn't feed thier new born children (Darfur).

    Again, your probably right. People should be able to choose thier own morals and ethics.

    It's working wonderfully so far!
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  8. #288
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post


    I hope you don't really think that! IF that were the case, someone may come along and decide that it's morally etical and "okay" to kill gay people.

    But, you're probably right. I mean, that would never happen (Nazism, Communism). Women would never have acid thrown in thier face simply for showing thier faces (Islam). Women couldn't be gang-raped only to be killed by thier own fathers and brothers for "dishonoring" the family (Islam). Women wouldn't have thier genitals cut-off simply for being female (Islam). Women wouldn't be considered of the same value as dogs (India). New mothers wouldn't have thier breast cut-off so they couldn't feed thier new born children (Darfur).

    Again, your probably right. People should be able to choose thier own morals and ethics.

    It's working wonderfully so far!
    People already do believe it is morally okay, ethical to kill gay people (Uganda anyone? laws we have had in the past regarding homosexuals). The key here is that we have the morals of the majority, the vast majority that feel it is wrong.

    All said and done, that is what our laws come down to, what morals we are willing to uphold as law and enforce. It is possible that sometime in the future it may be viewed as morally wrong to have heterosexual sex and people having sex with each other will be put to death.

    All your examples are proving that morality is subjective, morals and ethics are not universal.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #289
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,687

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    How is it self serving, so i can expose you for being hateful? You've already accomplished that on your own, whether you use that word or not. And what victim? Equal rights is happening regardless of any opposition on this forum, that's for sure
    Tell it to somebody who buys into your folly.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  10. #290
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Is it bigotry when someone opposes SSM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Tell it to somebody who buys into your folly.
    Why? You're the one who needs to hear it most

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •