View Poll Results: Does being anti-same sex marriage make one Pro-Family?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it does (state your reasons in the thread)

    5 9.43%
  • No it doesn't (state you reasons in the thread)

    48 90.57%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Says who? The family police? Sorry but single parent families and same sex families are just as much family as one man one woman with or without children.
    Your opinion not fact

  2. #82
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    See the post below,

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    A family is one man one woman and kids, anything else is something else.
    then read the post below.

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Your opinion not fact
    Repeat this sequence as often as needed.

  3. #83
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Your opinion not fact
    Fact by every definition of the word family except maybe your personal one.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    A family is one man one woman and kids, anything else is something else.
    I guess all those poor widows/widowers and their kids are stuck with 'something else' then.

    Same for all those poor divorced moms and dads with their kids. They aren't 'families' either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Your opinion not fact
    No, fact as studies have shown.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #86
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    No, fact as studies have shown.
    A dictionary works pretty well too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Marriage, by definition, always has and always will be between a man and a woman.
    That really isn't true. Hell, your own Bible shows it isn't true:

    Lamech in Genesis 4:19: “Lamech married two women.”
    In 2 Samuel 12:8, God, speaking through the prophet Nathan, said that if David’s wives and concubines were not enough, He would have given David even more.
    Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines (essentially wives of a lower status), according to 1 Kings 11:3.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    It doesn't define you as pro-family, but from my experience most who are against SSM are pro-family in that they support a strong nuclear family unit with a mother and father.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It doesn't define you as pro-family, but from my experience most who are against SSM are pro-family in that they support a strong nuclear family unit with a mother and father.
    I think most people...all?...support that with the exception that 2 parents is more desirable, and that their gender doesn't matter.

    And so far, most research shows exactly that.

    I don't think anyone is against strong families but families end up being what they are...death, divorce, adoption, step-parenting, etc. All families can be strong and positive and in many cases...people have to live with the hand they're dealt. Life doesn't always end up the fairy tale.
    Last edited by Lursa; 11-04-14 at 01:40 PM. Reason: fixed grammatical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It doesn't define you as pro-family, but from my experience most who are against SSM are pro-family in that they support a strong nuclear family unit with a mother and father.
    It's been my experience that most who support SSM also support a strong nuclear family unit.
    Regardless of whether it's mother/father, mother/mother, or father/father.

    In fact most who support SSM happen to be in a "traditional" mother/father/children nuclear family.

    Go figure.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •