View Poll Results: Does being anti-same sex marriage make one Pro-Family?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it does (state your reasons in the thread)

    5 9.43%
  • No it doesn't (state you reasons in the thread)

    48 90.57%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 111

Thread: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

  1. #11
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Anti-marriage is pro-family? Nonsense.
    Being in favor of “same sex marriage” is not being in favor of marriage. It is, in fact, being on the side that directly seeks to attack and undermine true marriage. This is an unalterably anti-marriage and anti-family position, no matter how anyone might try to spin it otherwise.

    One cannot honestly claim to be “pro-family” while supporting positions that directly attack and undermine true marriage and family.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 11-03-14 at 04:56 AM. Reason: May Laurence Tureaud have compassion toward you. — http://tinyurl.com/LaurenceTureaud
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #12
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,868
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    [QUOTE=SouthernDemocrat;1063937727]I have noticed that Senator Pat Roberts is billing himself in adds here in the Kansas City area as a Pro-Family Candidate because of his position against same sex marriage.
    Do you think that being anti-same sex marriage makes one pro-family?[
    /QUOTE]



    Anyone who is anti-same sex marriage is trying to deny others the same rights that he/she has.

    That will not fly in the USA.

    Wait and see.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,295

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    family is family, it is that simple. Why refuse 2 gays or 2 lesbians from enjoying that same bliss of family life (if they want too). Being against gay-marriage shows you do not support families but only your views on what a family should be.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  4. #14
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    family is family, it is that simple. Why refuse 2 gays or 2 lesbians from enjoying that same bliss of family life (if they want too). Being against gay-marriage shows you do not support families but only your views on what a family should be.
    Family is what it is. marriage is what it is.

    Marriage, by definition, always has and always will be between a man and a woman. Period.

    A sick mockery of a “marriage”, between two homosexuals, never has been, never will be, and can never be in any way comparable to a genuine marriage. That's just not what marriage is. To insist that genuine marriage be treated as nothing more than an equivalent to this sick mockery thereof is to degrade and attack marriage itself.

    And to insists that a “family” can be built on a sick mockery, that is comparable to a genuine family built on a genuine marriage, is to attack family as well.

    You cannot honestly claim to be “pro-marriage” nor “pro-family”, if you support degrading these institutions to the level of the mockeries that the sick, immoral perverts want to impose on society.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  5. #15
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,418

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    1.)Being in favor of “same sex marriage” is not being in favor of marriage.
    2.) It is, in fact, being on the side that directly seeks to attack and undermine true marriage.
    3.) This is an unalterably anti-marriage and anti-family position, no matter how anyone might try to spin it otherwise.

    One cannot honestly claim to be “pro-family” while supporting positions that directly attack and undermine true marriage and family.
    1.) unsupportable opinion that definitions disagree with
    2.) as soon as you say "fact" your statement is in fact 100% wrong.
    3.) see #1

    your statements can't be back-up or supported with anything other than your subjective opinions and they completely fail

    Family | Define Family at Dictionary.com
    noun, plural families.
    1.
    a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not:
    the traditional family.
    a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for:
    a single-parent family.
    2.
    the children of one person or one couple collectively:
    We want a large family.
    3.
    the spouse and children of one person:
    We're taking the family on vacation next week.
    4.
    any group of persons closely related by blood, as parents, children, uncles, aunts, and cousins:
    to marry into a socially prominent family.
    5.
    all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.
    6.
    Chiefly British. approved lineage, especially noble, titled, famous, or wealthy ancestry:
    young men of family.
    7.
    a group of persons who form a household under one head, including parents, children, and servants.
    8.
    the staff, or body of assistants, of an official:
    the office family.
    9.
    a group of related things or people:
    the family of romantic poets; the halogen family of elements.
    10.
    a group of people who are generally not blood relations but who share common attitudes, interests, or goals and, frequently, live together:
    Many hippie communes of the sixties regarded themselves as families.

    you are welcome to have your unsupportable opinions and push your factually proven wrong statements as true of course but they don't matter to the actual issue of equal rights, reality and facts
    Last edited by AGENT J; 11-03-14 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  6. #16
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,418

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    1.)Family is what it is. marriage is what it is.
    2.) Marriage, by definition, always has and always will be between a man and a woman. Period.
    3.) A sick mockery of a “marriage”, between two homosexuals, never has been, never will be, and can never be in any way comparable to a genuine marriage.
    4.) That's just not what marriage is.
    5.) To insist that genuine marriage be treated as nothing more than an equivalent to this sick mockery thereof is to degrade and attack marriage itself.
    6.) And to insists that a “family” can be built on a sick mockery, that is comparable to a genuine family built on a genuine marriage, is to attack family as well.
    7.) You cannot honestly claim to be “pro-marriage” nor “pro-family”, if you support degrading these institutions to the level of the mockeries that the sick, immoral perverts want to impose on society.
    1.) false family can exist without marriage, fact
    2.) false it isnt now and hasnt been in the past, fact
    3.) false where equal rights exist it already is legal marriage, fact
    4.) false, law, rights and definitions prove your statement wrong, if you disagree prove otherwise
    5.) equal rights isnt attack on legal marriage/family what so ever
    6.) see #4 and #5
    7.) See #4 and #5

    thanks for your opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  7. #17
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    34,036
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Being in favor of “same sex marriage” is not being in favor of marriage. It is, in fact, being on the side that directly seeks to attack and undermine true marriage. This is an unalterably anti-marriage and anti-family position, no matter how anyone might try to spin it otherwise.

    One cannot honestly claim to be “pro-family” while supporting positions that directly attack and undermine true marriage and family.
    Your idea of marriage is quite obviously a failure. Heterosexuals are the biggest threat to families, with their ridiculously high divorce rates, amount of children born out of wedlock, and failure at instilling morals into children.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #18
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,729

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Marriage between a man and a woman is the most essential foundation of family.
    And allowing a subset of less than 5% of the total population to get "married" could not possibly change that in any way.

    A few gay people here and there getting married has no effect on straight marriage or straight families.

    To suggest otherwise is simple ignorance.

  9. #19
    Advisor Crossroads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    07-06-15 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Ok, let's make this quick.

    Almost all study done on this topic has shown us that, all things equal, "gay" marriages (as a framework for raising children) show no significant difference when compared with "straight" marriages, and in numerous categories the children actually do better.

    I'm not going to bother posting any links to back this up, because at this point facts such as these should be about as well known as the fact that having mixed-race parents doesn't inherently cause any kind of significant problems raising healthy children.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,729

    Re: Is being anti-same sex marriage Pro-Family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    This is an unalterably anti-marriage and anti-family position, no matter how anyone might try to spin it otherwise.

    One cannot honestly claim to be “pro-family” while supporting positions that directly attack and undermine true marriage and family.
    That's just 100% lies on every level.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •