View Poll Results: Is the West at War with Islam?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Mostly

    8 15.69%
  • Yes, kind of.

    15 29.41%
  • No, kind of.

    5 9.80%
  • No Mostly

    23 45.10%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 139

Thread: Is the West at war with Islam?[W:118]

  1. #11
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    This is an interesting question and I am curious to see a poll result. I am watching 60 minutes and some of the "Sharia" patrols are interesting to me. The protests and such in England and France. They are very foreign.

    My personal view is that we are at war with Sharia law. Not really Islam. The West will NEVER accept Sharia law. It is not something that our culture will tolerate based on our development over the past few hundred years. So please share your views. I am interested.
    I never looked at it as being at war with Islam. At war with ISIS, AQ and the like, but not with the religion. I don't even think it is Sharia law. If another country wants to abide by it, that is their business.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    This is an interesting question and I am curious to see a poll result. I am watching 60 minutes and some of the "Sharia" patrols are interesting to me. The protests and such in England and France. They are very foreign.

    My personal view is that we are at war with Sharia law. Not really Islam. The West will NEVER accept Sharia law. It is not something that our culture will tolerate based on our development over the past few hundred years. So please share your views. I am interested.
    We are in a semi-prepared defensive posture and nothing more... Sharia/Islamic radicals are at a war with the West.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Are we are war with Christianity? After-all many Christian nut job groups (like the KKK) uphold extremist believes...
    Has the KKK cut anyone head off?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #14
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Are we are war with Christianity? After-all many Christian nut job groups (like the KKK) uphold extremist believes...
    I agree. But would you agree that there is no room in our nations for the views of those like the KKK? Or Isis?

    You can't be accepting of everyone all the time. The "cultural relativity" movement can only go so far.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #15
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I never looked at it as being at war with Islam. At war with ISIS, AQ and the like, but not with the religion. I don't even think it is Sharia law. If another country wants to abide by it, that is their business.
    Would you even be remotely accepted in sharia law nations?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #16
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,863
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Nope. We are not.
    Nope we are not.

    We are at war with radical Islam which beheads and kills people falsely in the name of Allah, and his prophet Mohammed.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  7. #17
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Has the KKK cut anyone head off?
    So now its about brutality of attacks?


  8. #18
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I agree. But would you agree that there is no room in our nations for the views of those like the KKK? Or Isis?

    You can't be accepting of everyone all the time. The "cultural relativity" movement can only go so far.
    Are we at war with Christianity?


  9. #19
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So now its about brutality of attacks?
    I suppose you just don't know.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #20
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Is the West at war with Islam?

    No, Islam is in a fight with the West. The west is at war with anyone that wishes to be at war with it. The west (the US in particular) has always been reactionary in nature with one exception, the cold war. WW1, WW1, Korean War, ect ect, the US has always reacted to an attack rather then be the attacker.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •