View Poll Results: Is street harassment of men an issue?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 36.36%
  • No

    7 63.64%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 164

Thread: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    How does recognizing and addressing the existence of sexism and racism devalue your identity?
    You have point blank told me that I am not allowed to have an "identity," because I'm white and male.

    You apparently view that as being "sexist" and "fckn' racist," remember?

    Oddly, however, you do not seem to have a problem with feminists promoting female "group identity," or any kind of "ethnic solidarity" that comes from a non-white group.

    Why is that?

    Oh! That's right, because we're the "majority," and therefore having us identify with another would be a threat to the "hostile take over" you're trying to help the minority interest groups with which you sympathize accomplish.

    Nonsense. Equal rights and a rejection of sexism and racism in no way disenfranchises anyone. Sorry, but losing your systemic privilege is not disenfranchisement.
    The end game is fighting against sexism and racism, which you someone believe devalues you.[/QUOTE]

    And... Again, your definitions of both terms are nonsensical, and insane.

    As such, so is your idea of what "equal rights" and "fighting sexism and racism" entails.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 11-02-14 at 04:12 AM.

  2. #72
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,340

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    You have point blank told me that I am not allowed to have an "identity," because I'm white and male.
    No one said any such thing. You're pretending to be a victim. If your identity is based on your sex and race, that's your problem not mine.

    You apparently view that as being "sexist" and "fckn' racist," remember?
    What?

    And... Again, your definitions of both terms are nonsensical, and insane.
    Viewing a social construct in a social context is not insane, it's logical.

    As such, so is your idea of what "equal rights" and "fighting sexism and racism" entails.
    What's your idea of fighting sexism and racism? Playing the white straight male victim all the time?


    Oddly, however, you do not seem to have a problem with feminists promoting female "group identity," or any kind of "ethnic solidarity" that comes from a non-white group.
    White is not an ethnic group.

    You don't think "white solidarity" is racist?
    Last edited by ecofarm; 11-02-14 at 04:16 AM.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No one said any such thing. You're pretending to be a victim.
    Are you really going to try and deny the several hundred times you have argued that claiming any kind of collective interest as a "white" person is "white solidarity," and therefore "racist," while simultaneously arguing that non-white forms of racial solidarity are perfectly acceptable?

    Get real, Eco.

    it's logical.
    As has been well established, you don't have a particularly accurate grasp of what that word actually means either.

    What's your idea of fighting sexism and racism?
    Living my life as a regular, upstanding, and productive citizen who looks out for his own interests, and the best interests of his society, all while providing others with ample opportunity to succeed, and not allowing himself to be saddled with "collective guilt" for a state of affairs in which he bears none, or be burdened with an unnecessary socio-political handicap based solely upon his ethnicity or gender in the "politically correct" interests of elevating other, competing, groups.

    Edit:

    White is not an ethnic group.

    You don't think "white solidarity" is racist?


    But "black" is an ethnicity, right? And there's nothing whatsoever wrong with subscribing to "black solidarity?"

    You are just TOO MUCH, eco!
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 11-02-14 at 04:29 AM.

  4. #74
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,340

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Are you really going to try and deny the several hundred times you have argued that claiming any kind of collective interest as a "white" person is "white solidarity," and therefore "racist," while simultaneously arguing that non-white forms of racial solidarity are perfectly acceptable?

    Get real, Eco.
    White solidarity is not racist? Wow.

    Do you understand white is not an ethnicity?

    As has been well established, you don't have a particularly accurate grasp of what that particular word means either.
    Now personal insults with winky smileys? Come on, at least don't wince when you spew personal insults, that makes it look cowardly.

    Living my life as a regular, upstanding, citizen who looks out for his own interests, and the best interests of his society, without allowing himself to be saddled with "collective guilt" for a state of affairs in which he bears none.
    When you say "his society" you mean white people and not the US or Western world, right?

    Sexism and racism cause me no guilt. Why would they when I'm not a sexist or racist? This guilt you feel because of the existence of sexism and racism appears to come from the idea than an entire race or gender can be labeled by the actions of the few. That's not true for "them" or "us".

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    White solidarity is not racist? Wow.
    Not anymore so than black solidarity, or any other ethnic identity.

    Again, why do you view whites as being unique in this regard?

    Do you understand white is not an ethnicity?
    Says who?

    Now personal insults with winky smileys? Come on, at least don't wince when you spew personal insults, that makes it look cowardly.


    When you say "his society" you mean white people and not the US or Western world, right?
    No, I mean my society as a whole.

    I simply happen to prefer it as it exists now, as compared to the souped up monstrosity you seem so intent on creating.

    Sexism and racism cause me no guilt. Why would they when I'm not a sexist or racist? This guilt you feel because of the existence of sexism and racism appears to come from the idea than an entire race or gender can be labeled by the actions of the few. That's not true for "them" or "us".
    Says the man whose entire existence basically centers around atoning for the "evils" of what he perceives as being the white male's "sexist" and "racist" world.

  6. #76
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,340

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Young lower class black or latino guys, frat boys (of any race), or etca, yes.

    The simple fact of the matter is that you're dealing with groups that have been culturally conditioned towards crass and offensive behavior there.

    If you're hanging out in an area where there happen to be a lot of them, crass and offensive behavior is typically exactly what you'll get.
    You do realize that we have many lower economic class young latinos and blacks here, and even people that have been or are in a frat, right?

    Who are you to paint them all as "culturally conditioned towards crass and offensive behavior"? They've no greater odds of being an asshole than the next person.

    It's amazing you think you can insult huge swaths of the population, right here at this website.

    What the hell?

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,289

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post


    Apparently, New Yorkers are just kind of creepy and impolite people in general.

    Who'd have thunk it, huh?

    Edit:

    My bad. I forgot to add the poll. I'll see if a mod can't fix it. lol
    It is a terrific problem. But that is just because I'm so cool.


  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You do realize that we have many lower economic class young latinos and blacks here, and even people that have been or are in a frat, right?
    And? Are you really going to deny that many of the trappings of all of these cultures (and really, male youth culture in general) are aggressively over-sexed, and misogynistic?

    Who are you to paint them all as "culturally conditioned towards crass and offensive behavior"? They've no greater odds of being an asshole than the next person.
    It's hardly my fault that you don't like hearing the truth.

  9. #79
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,340

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Not anymore so than black solidarity, or any other ethnic identity.
    The NAACP is as racist as the KKK?

    Again, why do you view whites as being unique in this regard?
    I view the majority power as unique in this regard. Majority power solidarity is inherently repressive of other contributions. Black solidarity in no way impacts the opportunities of whites at the national scale.

    Says who?
    You think white is an ethnicity? Holy mackerel!

    No, I mean my society as a whole.
    If that means the US, then you should understand fighting sexism and racism is good for your society.

    I simply happen to prefer it as it exists now, as compared to the souped up monstrosity you seem so intent on creating.
    The "souped up monstrosity" of equal rights?

    Says the man whose entire existence basically centers around atoning for the "evils" of what he perceives as being the white male's "sexist" and "racist" world.
    Nonsense. I've no atonement. I'm just against sexism and racism.

  10. #80
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,340

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    And? Are you really going to deny that many of the trappings of all of these cultures (and really, male youth culture in general) are aggressively over-sexed, and misogynistic?
    There is no such thing as "male youth culture". You don't know what culture nor ethnicity means? You just add "culture" to any group based on physical traits you wish to disparage.


    It's hardly my fault that you don't like hearing the truth.
    Oh, yeah, the old "the truth hurts" routine. Real impressive.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •