View Poll Results: Is street harassment of men an issue?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 36.36%
  • No

    7 63.64%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 164

Thread: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wrong. It's the common understanding of sociologists. Your lack of understanding and education doesn't change this.
    Sure it is, Eco. Sure it is.

    Oh please. Spare us the crystal ball sexism and racism apologism.
    It's called "Realism." I'd look into it if I were you.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Male culture!



    What about gay guys?
    Would be "gay culture."

    None of these are controversial claims here, Eco.

  3. #93
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Would be "gay culture."

    None of these are controversial claims here, Eco.
    So, gay males are not part of male culture. Fantastic. You define a culture by physical characteristics and then exclude some people. How ridiculous.

    Can you not see that you are just adding "culture" to make it look like you're not judging physical attributes?

    One more time: culture is not based on physical attributes, as you just admitted.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So, gay males are not part of male culture. Fantastic. You define a culture by physical characteristics and then exclude some people. How ridiculous.
    They are not a part of the young, male, heterosexual culture to which I was referring, no.

    That culture can be further divided along racial lines, and with regard to different social niches (jocks, geeks, frat boys, and etca).

    Again, this isn't controversial. An alleged "sociologist" should know this.

    One more time: culture is not based on physical attributes, as you just admitted.
    I never said that it was.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 11-02-14 at 05:12 AM.

  5. #95
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    They are not a part of the young, male, heterosexual culture to which I was referring, no.
    So young male latinos and blacks that are gay do not share in the "young latino" or "young black" culture?

    That culture can be further divided along racial lines, and with regard to different social niches (jocks, geeks, frat boys, and etca).
    Culture is not based on race. The black culture of America is from a time when blacks were segregated - that's why it's a culture. Not because people are black - because they were segregated by race. In such a situation, a culture does emerge. There is no modern "black culture", as blacks are no longer segregated. Rap culture, or inner city culture, is not "black culture".

    Again, this isn't controversial.
    Controversial? It's flat-out wrong and idiotic.

    You claim there is a male culture but gay males are not included. You claim there is a black culture but some blacks are not included. That's BS; the internal conflicts therein make this obvious.

    One cannot delineate a culture based on physical characteristics. End of story.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 11-02-14 at 05:15 AM.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So young male latinos and blacks that are gay do not share in the "young latino" or "young black" culture?
    By and large? No.

    They have different interests, and often tend to be alienated from the cultural mainstream due to their orientation.

    Culture is not based on race. The black culture of America is from a time when blacks were segregated - that's why it's a culture.
    Oh, so you mean that you actually accept that there IS such a thing as "black culture" now?

    Well... That's good to know.

    There is no modern "black culture", as blacks are no longer segregated. Rap culture, or inner city culture, is not "black culture".
    Ummm... No. Large portions of the black population are still segregated both by choice, and on a de facto economic basis.

    Many others have made the deliberate choice to maintain an ethnic culture distinct from the "mainstream" even in spite of integration as well.

    For that reason, a distinct "black culture" can still be said to exist.

    Controversial? It's flat-out wrong and idiotic.
    The existence of a young male subculture is "idiotic?"

    You claim there is a male culture but gay males are not included.
    Because gay males and the heterosexual variety behave differently, and therefore tend to gather apart from one another.

    You claim there is a black culture but some blacks are not included.
    Why is that so hard to grasp?

    One cannot delineate a culture based on physical characteristics. End of story.
    Good thing no one's doing that then.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 11-02-14 at 05:28 AM.

  7. #97
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Oh, so you mean that you actually accept that there IS such a thing as "black culture" now?
    Not "is" - was. And it was based on segregation by race and not that they were black. They could have been any race and a culture would have emerged due to segregation. It just happens it was blacks so it's referred to as black culture.

    Ummm... No. Large portions of the black population are still segregated both by choice, and on a de facto economic basis.
    Are you seriously equating the US today with segregation?

    For that reason, a distinct "black culture" can still be said to exist.
    No, it can't, because it is not inclusive of all black people. During segregation, it was.

    The existence of young male subculture is "idiotic?"
    The claim of such is. Kids do not create their own separate and distinct culture. They are subjects, without any real power, of an actual culture.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 11-02-14 at 05:25 AM.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Are you seriously equating the US today with segregation?
    Are you seriously denying that many blacks and whites still tend to live primarily within communities dominated by their own race, rather than mixed between the two?

    No, it can't, because it is not inclusive of all black people. During segregation, it was.
    It was never "inclusive of all black people," even by your own logic. The whole country was not segregated.

    Again, these are all things which a supposed "sociologist" should know.

    The claim of such is. Kids do not create their own culture. They are subjects, without any real power, of an actual culture.
    Sure they do. They choose what products to consume and what fads to adopt just as anyone else does.

    Besides, we are not talking about "kids," but young adults.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    In any case, we can carry on with the "Ecofarm's Greatest Hits" playlist later. I'm going to bed.

  10. #100
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Three Hours of Street Harassment in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Are you seriously denying that many blacks and whites still tend to live primarily within communities dominated by their own race, rather than mixed between the two?
    You ARE equating modern America with segregation! Mindless nonsense.

    It was never "inclusive of all black people," even by your own logic. The whole country was not segregated.
    Oh please. Is this more apologism for segregation by claiming it's the same as today?

    Sure they do. They choose what products to consume and what fads to adopt just as anyone else does.
    Kids don't buy their own stuff.

    Besides, we are not talking about "kids," but young adults.
    Young adults and young males are not the same thing.

    Now you are dividing a generational contribution to a culture by sex and calling each a distinct culture in and of itself? Nonsense. By your "rationale", every individual in the country has their own culture.


    Look, when you learn what culture and ethnicity mean, let me know.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •